Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

1. We won a great series. sayang nga lang sinira ng iba yung uaap 2008 by being sore losers.

2. We swept our favorite rival all by decisive margins

3. We won the juniors and the seniors titles

4. Matagal na kaming walang title but mind you, even when we were this close to the championship, we NEVER quesioned the way our opponent won or how we lost. Not in public anyway. That IS NOT the Ateneo way.

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!!!! TWO BIG BONFIRES!!!!!!!!!

ONE GREAT ATENEO!!!!!!! BLUE EAGLE THE KING!!!!!!!!!

and to the question of a greenie in the posts above. I am mid 30s. My Dad is close to 50 and he was Blue Babble same as my sons, one on the cheering squad, the other on the training team. All my male (and now even my famale younger relatives) are all True Blue Ateneans!!!!!!

all those reasons could be summarized in two words: to gloat.

nothing wrong with it. ordinarily, this would be nothing as a simple right of passage everytime a uaap season ends the way it just did. however, i call to it's attention now given the number of times some ateneans here bashed the la salle team as being classless. doesn't gloating discredit one's call for his/her opponent to display some class?

bato bato sa langit, ang tamaan... pangit.

personally, i'll describe myself as class-less. if only to give credence to my affinity to gloat every now and then. my family has almost the same no. of greens and blues (and a whole lot of others from other schools that don't give a hoot about this rivalry). it's fun ribbing them atenean cousins.

another thing, 'we' is a term you shouldn't have used in your reason no. 4. while it might be romantic to think that all ateneans are impervious to ways that are sinister, in reality, a lot aren't. i'll just assume that your family is above all these dark ways.

boy, you're in your mid 30's? by the way you post, i could have sworn you were in your early 20's.

congrats!

Edited by kanski

On the query on the ages of the people posting here, I'm 37. A true blue. Watched the whole series with my son who is in the Ateneo Grade School now. This is why I hate seeing DLSU not getting the trophy - I practically told my son, "You shouldn't be like them and there is also dignity in losing... graciously..."

Well, that is why I posted an inquiry about their age. For me to understand the way they post in this thread.

maybe u should try reading some of my post here and at the uaap season 71 thread and at www.inboundpass.com ...im already 24 and think if our post match our ages....

it's not with the age...it's either u have class or not....

So the gossip is not true that Rico never did display the dirty finger but the ref saw one and it may be because by the way he looks at the opposing teams when he's taunting them he himself looks like a.............

hehehehehe

Did Baclao get a tech after the block on Rico when he was standing over him and shouting? Just asking.

maybe u should try reading some of my post here and at the uaap season 71 thread and at www.inboundpass.com ...im already 24 and think if our post match our ages....

it's not with the age...it's either u have class or not....

There's a certain assumption that with age comes a bit of wisdom/knowledge/experience. If some young people have class, then it's great. If some old people don't, then we are just sorry about that. These are more of the exceptions.

Edited by complicated8
Did Baclao get a tech after the block on Rico when he was standing over him and shouting? Just asking.

For those who weren't able to watch the game, you can download it sa torrents (game one and game two, just search uaap71, thanks to panopticalkid)

Bilis, para masagutan ang trivia question sa taas :lol:

Edited by wackyracer
Well, that is why I posted an inquiry about their age. For me to understand the way they post in this thread.

I don't think age is an issue here, you can be 18 and mockingly make fun of a player's tragedy with a bang bang gesture or you can be 40ish and be so childish as to snub a second place trophy. Pwede ka din maging senior citizen tapos batukan mo yung star player ng kalaban mo and make a dash to the exits. Wala sa edad yan kid.

all those reasons could be summarized in two words: to gloat.

nothing wrong with it. ordinarily, this would be nothing as a simple right of passage everytime a uaap season ends the way it just did. however, i call to it's attention now given the number of times some ateneans here bashed the la salle team as being classless. doesn't gloating discredit one's call for his/her opponent to display some class?

bato bato sa langit, ang tamaan... pangit.

I don't think the celebration of Ateneo's sweep of lasal in UAAP 71 is overly excessive. I don't think the exuberance was meant to put down lasal or the lasalites whom we share this forum with. Aside from congratulatory posts, the posts after the championship game centered mainly on lasal's snub of the awarding ceremonies and franz's whining. The counter-posts by supposedly dlsu supporters (such as dynamite007 and to some extent, revi) defending the non-appearance of dlsu, drew out Ateneo supporters to point out the folly of their opinions. Raving against unsportsmanlike behaviour is not gloating. Dancing in front of a vanquished foe, kodakan moments to rub it in against your opponent ... ayun ang gloating. Kami, we're just proud of the Ateneo team's achievements as well as their exemplary behaviour on court in victory as well as in defeat ... class act talaga.

The bashing of the lasal team particularly their coach, I think, is well deserved ... not because they were second best this year but because they failed to uphold the true ideals of sportsmanship.

There's a certain assumption that with age comes a bit of wisdom/knowledge/experience. If some young people have class, then it's great. If some old people don't, then we are just sorry about that. These are more of the exceptions.

baclao did not flashed his middle finger on rico... and by the way, instead of denying or coming up with some lame excuse and justification... baclao was man enough to later on admit that he made a mistake because of the emotional game and offered his apology in the same interview...

Edited by wrencheart
Di raw maganda trophy ngayon kaya di na lang kinuha ng mga berde boys? But kidding aside, ginagawa naman kaming mga tanga dito na hindi nila narinig na tinawag sila? Walang representative ng Uaap ang nagpasabi sa kanila? (I'm referring to the basketball team members po Mr. Orionpax baka ako naman kagalitan ninyo.) It only proves na sore losers ang mga player ngayon at coaching staff ng DLSU. (Ayan malinaw yan ha, mga players and coaching staff at hindi students or ex-students.)

wahaha! oo nga pangit nung trophy! per wag ka, kinuha yung pambili nun sa pagkaliit-liit nang budget ng UP! tapos hindi kukunin ng la salle! pwe!

EXACTLY MY POINT. SOMEONE SEEMS TO LOOK LIKE HE'S TAUNTING EVEN IF HE'S NOT.

Kahit anu pa sabihin ninyo, PROUD pa rin akong Lasallista!!!

ANIMO LASALLE!

You should be. La Salle is a very good school. But are you proud of what your team did?

Kaya nga masyado ang reaction sa ginawa ng team ninyo. kasi it's really unbecoming of your school.

sa tingin ko pinahiya nila yung proud tradition ninyo sa basketball.

Sayang.

King Eagle once eyed La Salle

By Beth Celis

Philippine Daily Inquirer

First Posted 04:39:00 09/29/2008

http://sports.inquirer.net/inquirersports/inquirersports/view/20080929-163503/King-Eagle-once-eyed-La-Salle

Is Beth Celis credible?

I have an Atenean friend who said that Rabeh was influenced by Carlos Sharma (his half-bro) to choose Ateneo over La Salle.. But this article by Celis clearly contradicts that tsismis.. Anyone from Ateneo care to dispute what was written here..

Ateneo has been very proud of their tradition that you won't get accepted even though you are a super basketball athlete if you have sub-par grades.. Kumbaga walang lugar ang mahina ang ulo sa kanilang school.. Now this?

La Salle has been condemned to burn in hell for accepting athletes who have low intelligence, right? Ganun ang tingin sa eskwelahan namin, diba? Ateneo is considered to be very superior academically di ba? But what gives with this Rabeh thing.. Ano ito biglang tumalino si Rabeh at pinasa niya entrance exam sa Ateneo? Or how about Ateneo overlooking Rabeh's PCU grades? Is Ateneo downgrading their policies just to win basketball games? And DLSU upgrading their academic policies? I wonder.. :unsure:

Edited by revi