Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

man, i've never seen the ateneo faithful out in force the way they are now. or at least, i haven't seen them out like this in quite a while. bakit kaya?

Pasensiya ka na kasi gumawa na naman ng controversy yung magaling na coach niyo e. Sana after the "congratulations" "thank you" "see you next season" tapos na.

Pagsabihan niyo na kasi na tumanggap ng pagkatalo at may next season pa naman.

Masaya naman sa thread na ito diba?

man, i've never seen the ateneo faithful out in force the way they are now. or at least, i haven't seen them out like this in quite a while. bakit kaya?

1. We won a great series. sayang nga lang sinira ng iba yung uaap 2008 by being sore losers.

2. We swept our favorite rival all by decisive margins

3. We won the juniors and the seniors titles

4. Matagal na kaming walang title but mind you, even when we were this close to the championship, we NEVER quesioned the way our opponent won or how we lost. Not in public anyway. That IS NOT the Ateneo way.

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!!!! TWO BIG BONFIRES!!!!!!!!!

ONE GREAT ATENEO!!!!!!! BLUE EAGLE THE KING!!!!!!!!!

and to the question of a greenie in the posts above. I am mid 30s. My Dad is close to 50 and he was Blue Babble same as my sons, one on the cheering squad, the other on the training team. All my male (and now even my famale younger relatives) are all True Blue Ateneans!!!!!!

Top ten reasons Rico showed us his finger:

10. I was telling JVee to get out of the corner and rebound.

9. I was telling Walsham who was fondling Rabeh, "ako naman".

8. Si Revilla, binaril si Baracael, nothing happened. I just pointed my middle finger.

7. Sabi ni Coach.

6. I was not conjuring a phallic symbol. If I wanted to advertise my privates, I would have used my pinkie to be more accurate.

5. I did not think it proper to clean my nose and point with the same finger.

4. I did not think I would be caught.

3. I sprained my finger and was trying to show it to Dr. George Canlas who repaired Rabeh's sprained ankle that allowed him to score 31 points in game 1.

2. We had cut the Ateneo lead from 15 to 6. I had to do something to break our rhythm.

And the real reason Rico pointed his finger.......

1. I was in a trance for 95 hours 47 minutes and 13 seconds. Last thing I remember was the ball being stuffed down my throat and Nonoy standing over me screaming. Then I woke up and .........

Bargain Sale:

1. The UAAP is offering brand new, untouched by undeserving owner seniors basketball trophy and medals.

2. As of yesterday afternoon, they are also selling a similar second runner up juniors basketball trophy.

3. Over in Taft Avenue, they are selling an unlimited supply of "Back to Back 07-08" t-shirts.

All above items being sold to lowest bidder.

To answer previous question, I am 48 years young and looking forward to reconnecting with old friends on Tuesday evening.

first things first, im from dlsu and i have been an avid follower of our basketball team for a long time. and i want to offer some observations re the recently concluded championship against admu.

-our school shouldv exhibited better sportsmanship by getting someone to receive the runner up trophy from the league. it was a very tough loss but in sports you have to take the good with the bad and its best to be gracious in defeat.

-young and present players alike should take their cue from casio n chris tiu for showing class during their playing yrs. rarely if not at all have i seen them trash talk whenever they scored and they do score a lot. it is irritating to see young players nowadays celebrate and rub it in their defenders faces whenever they score. so hats off to j casio and c tiu.

-re the calls of the refs. objectively speaking, i think the calls could have gone either way, i mean both sides got their share of bad calls. that being said what i want to point out is that they should have let the players play...its the freaking championship and touch fouls r being called left n right. in almost all other championship leagues when its championship time, the game gets a little more physical and the refs gives the players more leeway to play. dlsus new players was unable to adust to the tight calls, kudos to ateneos veteran players for being able to.

-whoever called that tech on rico should be fed to the sharks. he decided the whole outcome f the game... im not saying we would win but we could have.. a warning to rico, the coach or the captain ball would have sufficed.

--give pumaren a break he must have his reasons for not coming out to accept the trophy...for sure he must have been consoling and motivating his players to do better next season, the school board rep should have taken the initiative to accept it on the teams behalf.

-lastly i truly believe that admu is the better team this season...all their veteran players have been battle tested and can contribute when needed...special mention to chris, i mean the f**ker can shoot and play smart....last time we felt chills down our spine whenever someone shoots was larry fo's time. our young players will learn from this n will only get better...

-as a parting shot im looking forward to next season cos i hear rumors that we have 2 new rookies coming in and one of them is 6-7 norbert torres from the youth team...wonder if this is true? peace to all....animo la salle

Can I just say that DLSU's statement that no one from the dugout was informed to get the trophy is just like the LAMEST excuse the DLSU community can think of! You had thousands of supporters in Araneta at that time - not even a single level-headed and principled person reached out to get the trophy! So, why shouldn't we generalize??! You are just sore LoSers - no excuses! Ain't I glad I wasn't part of the gang of green inside the coliseum during that day... who were all liable to the disgrace this instance has brought on your school. Nakakahiya.

Hindi tanga ang publiko.

Anyway, to all ADMU fans here - see you sa bonfire on Tues.

They are celebrating because they just beat their bitter rivals in the finals. I'm sure DLSU fans would be out in full force as well if they had won.

It is so sad to see Pumaren trying to take away from the victory but continuing to create controversies that detract from their own wonderful season.

Several times this year the DLSU Team showed that they could play thru adversity. The last second win over UST was a prime example of that. Instead their coach takes away from the accomplishments of his players by resorting to gimmickry in the press.

He should be talking of about how proud he is of taking a team that was not as good as his champion teams to the brink of a championship, of how JV casio has become a full fledged DLSU hard court legend by the ways he played and the quiet way he lead the team without fanfare, and of how Rico may have a difficult time controlling his emotions but that is a part of what makes him a good-great emotional and athletic package on the court.

Now people won't remember that. They will remember the complaints, the desertion, and the non-claiming of the trophy.

the Ateneo Grade School Small Basketeers just bagged the title a few hours ago.

3 TITLES IN 4 DAYS!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

GRADE SCHOOL, HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE!!!!!!

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!! FOR THE BLUE AND WHITE!!!

SO THE CHAMPIONSHIP SHIRTS SHOULD HAVE THE 3 TITLES ON IT!!!!

FIRST IN HISTORY ME THINKS. HEHEHEHEHE

MASARAP TALAGA MAGING ATENISTA!!!!!!!

BLUE EAGLE THE KING!!!!!!!!

Edited by tagalinis
the Ateneo Grade School Small Basketeers just bagged the title a few hours ago.

3 TITLES IN 4 DAYS!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

GRADE SCHOOL, HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE!!!!!!

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!! FOR THE BLUE AND WHITE!!!

SO THE CHAMPIONSHIP SHIRTS SHOULD HAVE THE 3 TITLES ON IT!!!!

FIRST IN HISTORY ME THINKS. HEHEHEHEHE

MASARAP TALAGA MAGING ATENISTA!!!!!!!

BLUE EAGLE THE KING!!!!!!!!

wow!!! updated na updated ah!!! :D Galing!!! hehehe

Again..i hate to to bust these "sweeping generalizations" but then again...you have 15 players in the DLSU basketball team roster and how many DLSU students that are enrolled? like 15/5000? wala pa ang DLSU Alumni & FSC Brothers dyan

Will the actions of these 15 ball players as against the 5000++ students enough to justify these "statements" ......will 15 ball players action's equate to the 5000++ & alumni?

Kaya nga eh...di ba dapat DLSU Ballplayers are usually "this & that" rather THAN DLSU (the whole La Sallian Community)???

I was surprised that you reacted...since i personally abhor the negative attitude of past & present DLSU basketball players (NOT THE SCHOOL itself)...actually my post is for the ones "labelling" the DLSU community with such names...

BUT throwing "sweeping generalizations" against DLSU (the La Sallian community) per se is short of saying STUPID...yes STUPID :lol:

Real La Sallians & Ateneans would know that this is about school pride & the storied rivalry

Geez...akala ko pa naman "matatalino" yung iba dito, eh sa "statement" palang eh "conclusive" na ang hypothesis ...duh

salamat sa reaksyon ser orionpax. natatandaan ko po yung post ko tungkol lamang sa players hindi "generalization" ng mga tunay na La Salista. sabi ko pa nga, panigurado madaming kewl na La Salista dito sa MTC. kasama ka siguro dun ser.

yun nasabi kong "yung mga nakilala kong mga La Salista sa trabaho mga epal" siguro nagkataon lang po yun sa parte ko. kahit ganun naranasan ko sa trabaho sa mga La Salista (ka-ranggo naman ito hindi naman boss. taga UP boss ko so level-headed naman siya sa ganitong mga bagay, hehe kasi off topic sa kanya basta UAAP basketball aminado siya olatz lagi UP so ganun lang, hehe) hindi ko naman po nilalahat. ayan po linilinaw ko lang. kung me nagagalit sa kin sa mga hirit ko at komo "hindi ako Atenista o La Salista eh pinapalaki ko 'daw' ang usapan dito" eh pawang opinyon ko lamang po ito at bilang basketball fan at basketball thread naman po ito so pwede naman po siguro ako magbigay ng opinyon hindi po ba?

kapayapaan po para sa lahat. hehe masyado ngang mainit dito. hehehe

mike lowrey, di ba sabi mo di ka naman atenista o lasalista? pero why are you making a big deal sa pag hindi pagtanggap ng lasalle sa 2nd place trophy? i guess even ateneo would have understood la salle's non-appearance and they did not make a big deal out of it . ako honestly, when i was watching the awarding ceremony after the game, i thought baka di nila alam or baka wala silang narinig, but i know naman common sense, after the championship game, they should know that there is an awarding ceremony. i watched from the news yesterday na nag text na yung la salle president congratulating the better team just to douse any unsportsmanlike accusations leveled against dlsu.

ano ba gusto niyo, mag official statement pa ang dlsu kung bakit hindi nila tinanggap yung 2nd troply? remember the pistons when they finally lost to the bulls on their way to their 1st ever title that year? i vaguely remember, ni hindi nga nakipagkamayan ang mga pistons after the game, i guess from so much disappointment. so you see, losing is tough. it happens. but even an NBA team is not exempt from doing this embarrassing act. human nature i guess. unsportsmanlike? bad example? so be it. anyway, hard to please anybody surrounding this issue what more to people not belonging to the 2 schools - ateneo and lasalle.

so can we move on na? panalo na ateneo. congrats again to ateneo. they are surely the better team this season.

tol wizard, eto yung punto na sinasabi ko. at hindi komo Atenean o La Salista lamang ang pwedeng mag react sa series na ito. basketball pa din ito mga tol. sabi ko nga, bilang basketball fan pwede mag react dito so wag sitahin na pinalalaki ang isyu (napa lame naman ng hirit ng isang "La Salista" dito kesyo pinapalaki ko daw ang isyu). nagsasabi lang po ako ng punto. at bilang basketball fan, karapatan ko din magsabi ng punto punto dito. at siguro naman po mga ser at big-time at tunay na La Salista dito, alam niyo naman ang "respect one's opinion" hindi po ba? yung hirit ko sa mga players ng La Salle, hindi ko naman sinasabi na lahat. karamihan lang. at hindi po "sweeping generalization" iyun. at bakit laging sinasabi na "move on" na at wag na mag post? oo mahirap tanggapin ang katotohanan na olats ang La Salle. Sa Ateneo pa! pero forum po ito, kaya pinaguusapan po natin dito, hindi po ba? kung pikon talo na ang ibang La Salistang MTC dito (yung iba lang naman ah, baka sabihin generalization na naman ako, hehe), eh wag na kayong pumunta sa thread na ito. kuro kuro po kasi ito eh. hindi komo talo kayo ico-console na kayo. opinyon at kagustuhan mangalaska ng iba dito, bakit niyo pipigilan. at pwede po ba hindi lang La Salista at Atenista ang pwedeng mag-react sa thread na ito. basketball thread pa din ito, so kahit saang iskwela pa ang poster dito pwede magreact basta hindi off topic. hehehe

Isa pa po. About accusing your players of selling games when they do not perform well. It is the risk you run when you hire mercenaries to play for you.

Chris Tiu had two consecutive low scoring games against UE and La Salle. Did anyone even hint at the idea that he may have been point shaving or selling the game. No way. That is not the Ateneo way.

tol, ang pagkaka-alam ko hindi na kailangan ni Chris Tiu ng mas madaming salapi para lang magbenta ng laro. hindi mo nga alam ang family background ng taong ito. hindi na nga niya kelangan mag PBL o PBA pagkatapos niya sa UAAP kasi kaya naman niyang mabuhay sa yaman ng pamilya niya. at me pinagaralan naman siya kaya niyang makapasok sa corporate world. kaya wag mo naman sabihin na aakusahan siya ng game fixing? yan ang pinakamahirap na basehan. kahit si Mon Fernandez nun, kahit madaming nagsasabi na nagbenta siya nuon, wala pa ding 100 percent na katunayan na nagbenta ng laro ang mama. at sigurado ako hindi gusto ng mga tunay na Atenista ang hirit mong ito.

Wow man!!! Now you're trying to say that it was a display of guts, bravery and pride???

At saang dictionary naman ganyan ang definition ng guts, glory at pride?

ang pagmamaktol sa dug-out, ang hindi pag labas, ang pag sabi na walang tumawag sa kanila para lumabas. aba!!!!

talo na nga kayo kailangnan pa kayong tawagin para tanggapin ang 2nd place!!!?????

tumpak! napaka LAME talaga ng alibi na ito. same reason na sabi ni Franz na kaya siya umuwi at iniwan ang RP Youth Team dahil sa tatay ni Jack Santiago. yun nga lang andun na si Franz pero si Jack (dahil namatay na nga tatay niya) nasa game pa din. di ba bilang anak dapat hindi ka lalayo sa yumao mong ama kahit ano pang ka-importanteng laro yun. atsaka nakauwi na si Franz eh bakit nandun pa siya? oops ibang thread pala yun. paumanhin po hehe

atsaka sabi ko naman, kahit isang board member man lang hindi kinuha ang trophy. di ba mga pari din ang namumuno sa La Salle. pati sila sobrang pride at hindi tinanggap ang trophy. dapat sila nga ang diplomatiko sa lahat kasi sila humaharap sa UAAP board. taggap natin wala sa coaching staff o mga players ang tumanggap. pero kahit board member man lang. yun sabi ng isang poster dito si Advani tumanggap ng trophy nung natalo ang Ginebra at tumagal ng 5 minutes at "tinakot" pa daw ng PBA na hindi matutuloy ang awarding kung walang lilitaw sa Ginebra. kelangan pa bang "takutin" ang La Salle ng ganun lang para tumanggap ng trophy? susmaryosep.

at nililinaw ko po, hindi mga La Salle posters ng MTC ang tinitira dito kundi yung mga aksyon ng coach niyo at ibang players niyo so wag niyo po damdamin ang opinyon at kuro kuro ng mga tao dito kahit hindi sila Atenista. basketball thread po ito kaya kahit hindi Atenista o La Salista karapatan pa din nila magsabi ng opinyon nila. respetohin na lang po sana, pwede po ba? mga (yung iba lang naman) kagalang-galang at makapangyarihan na alumni ng La Salle? pwede po ba? :rolleyes:

obviously this year the better team is ADMU...hehe...but without the acquisition of Eric Salamat and Nonoy Baclao they cant make it...Norman Black is really good in finding good players that will solve the puzzle for their 6 year title drought...kahit natalo FEU...FEU pa rin ako...hehe nabaril lang star player namin...syang

padagdag lang po. share ko lang po sa thread na ito.

tsk tsk tsk... is this the new "official" statement... since when kelangan tawagin ang isang team para kunin ang runner up trophy... ang alam ko obvious na 'to e... as i remember, the Ateneo team which lost to UST a few years back stayed on the court until the awards were given... oo umiiyak sila, but they were there...

Anyway, tapos na 'to... Ateneo has bragging rights for 1 year tapos we're off to season 72! :D Ateneo will be celebrating 150th yr and we will be hosts! :)

totoo yan.

eto ebidensya na tinanggap nila Intal yung runnerup trophy kahit puro dilaw na mga taga USTE nandun. at kakaiyak lang nila nito nun. yan ang good sport di ba. kinamayan pa nila ang mga Tigers nun. click nyo ito. pati second runnerup na UE nga pumunta dun eh. eto eksaktong time na tinanggap ng Ateneo runnerup trophy nila nung 2006 sa link na ito : 3:26.

si Rabeh andyan na bangko pa lang behind Arao and Kramer. bilis nga naman ng panahon no? from benchwarmer naging MVP na.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reoqBbzRpO0...feature=related

tignan niyo ito mga level-headed La Salle fans. sana mabasa din ito ng mga ma-pride na players at coaches niyo.

Edited by Mike_Lowrey21
Top ten reasons Rico showed us his finger:

10. I was telling JVee to get out of the corner and rebound.

9. I was telling Walsham who was fondling Rabeh, "ako naman".

8. Si Revilla, binaril si Baracael, nothing happened. I just pointed my middle finger.

7. Sabi ni Coach.

6. I was not conjuring a phallic symbol. If I wanted to advertise my privates, I would have used my pinkie to be more accurate.

5. I did not think it proper to clean my nose and point with the same finger.

4. I did not think I would be caught.

3. I sprained my finger and was trying to show it to Dr. George Canlas who repaired Rabeh's sprained ankle that allowed him to score 31 points in game 1.

2. We had cut the Ateneo lead from 15 to 6. I had to do something to break our rhythm.

And the real reason Rico pointed his finger.......

1. I was in a trance for 95 hours 47 minutes and 13 seconds. Last thing I remember was the ball being stuffed down my throat and Nonoy standing over me screaming. Then I woke up and .........

So the gossip is not true that Rico never did display the dirty finger but the ref saw one and it may be because by the way he looks at the opposing teams when he's taunting them he himself looks like a.............

hehehehehe

Four VL Sallites are at the gates of heaven, waiting to enter.

Saint Peter interrogates them.

“Mr. Atayde, you are accused here of flashing two dirty fingers. We have a picture ….”

Atayde explains, “St. Peter, that was not a dirty sign ….. I have arthritis ….”

St. Peter asks his angels to investigate. The angels report: “We have an x-ray showing that he does have arthritis …”

Atayde enters.

St. Peter interrogates the next VL Sallite.

“Mr. Revilla, you are accused here of shooting Macmac Baracael. We have video footage ….”

Revilla explains, “St. Peter, that’s impossible. Baracael was shot late at night … I was in practice.”

St. Peter asks his angels to investigate. The angels report: “Their team did have practice ..…”

Revilla enters.

St. Peter interrogates the next VL Sallite.

“Mr. Pumaren, you are accused here of not receiving your trophy. We have video showing the traditional awarding ceremonies ….”

Pumaren explains, “St. Peter, nobody called us.”

St. Peter asks his angels to investigate. The angels report: “Their tears flooded the locker room; no one could enter or leave ..…”

Pumaren enters.

St. Peter interrogates the last VL Sallite.

“Mr. Maeirhofer, you are accused here of putting your fingers inside your pants and then flashing a dirty sign representing your private part. We have video footage …..”

Maierhofer explains, “St. Peter, that’s not true. I was just calling Casio. It was my index finger …… ”

St. Peter asks his angels to investigate. Then St. Peter allows Maeirhofer to enter.

The angels report: “After physical examination, the index finger …. or even middle finger is acceptable. In his case, to represent his privates would have involved his pinkie.”

So the four VL Sallites were ecstatic, thinking that they had gotten away from accountability …. since in their lifetime, they had been condoned by the Brothers and the Green Community. Alas, when the gates were opened and they were ushered in to their eternal resting place, ….. they were in Taft ….

Isa pa po. About accusing your players of selling games when they do not perform well. It is the risk you run when you hire mercenaries to play for you.

Chris Tiu had two consecutive low scoring games against UE and La Salle. Did anyone even hint at the idea that he may have been point shaving or selling the game. No way. That is not the Ateneo way.

Sir, I think you missed the point I was trying to make totally. What I am saying is unlike in La Salle where whenever someone plays bad, Franz immediately assumes nagbenta since bayarin lang ang karamihan ng player niya, at the Ateneo, no one is even accused of selling games since that is not the Ateneo way. Moreover, the fact that Chris Tiu is financially comfortable is beside the point. I am sure that if Rabeh, Jai, Nonoy or Ryan had a bad game, they would not be accused of selling games either.

tol wizard, eto yung punto na sinasabi ko. at hindi komo Atenean o La Salista lamang ang pwedeng mag react sa series na ito. basketball pa din ito mga tol. sabi ko nga, bilang basketball fan pwede mag react dito so wag sitahin na pinalalaki ang isyu (napa lame naman ng hirit ng isang "La Salista" dito kesyo pinapalaki ko daw ang isyu). nagsasabi lang po ako ng punto. at bilang basketball fan, karapatan ko din magsabi ng punto punto dito. at siguro naman po mga ser at big-time at tunay na La Salista dito, alam niyo naman ang "respect one's opinion" hindi po ba? yung hirit ko sa mga players ng La Salle, hindi ko naman sinasabi na lahat. karamihan lang. at hindi po "sweeping generalization" iyun. at bakit laging sinasabi na "move on" na at wag na mag post? oo mahirap tanggapin ang katotohanan na olats ang La Salle. Sa Ateneo pa! pero forum po ito, kaya pinaguusapan po natin dito, hindi po ba? kung pikon talo na ang ibang La Salistang MTC dito (yung iba lang naman ah, baka sabihin generalization na naman ako, hehe), eh wag na kayong pumunta sa thread na ito. kuro kuro po kasi ito eh. hindi komo talo kayo ico-console na kayo. opinyon at kagustuhan mangalaska ng iba dito, bakit niyo pipigilan. at pwede po ba hindi lang La Salista at Atenista ang pwedeng mag-react sa thread na ito. basketball thread pa din ito, so kahit saang iskwela pa ang poster dito pwede magreact basta hindi off topic. hehehe

pareng mike lowrey, di ko naman sinasabi na hindi pwede mag react ang hindi taga ateneo or lasalle dito. of course i know this is a basketball thread in particular the admu vs. dlsu thread. it only goes to show na this rivalry is not confined anymore to students from both schools, ganon na sya kalaking event, feeling ko nga basta me rivalry na ateneo vs. la salle parang national event na not to mention social event (kasi ang daming mga celebrity, politician na nanonood)sa totoo lang kasi masyadong madami ang involved, excited and even naaapektuhan.

anyway, going back to your post. kaya ko sinabing move on na tayo, it doesn't mean na hindi ko tanggap pagkapanalo ng ateneo. kaya nga move on na, kasi tanggap ko ngang ateneo is the better team this year. weather weather lang yan e. like last year, dlsu naman ang college and h.s. champ.

kaya lang yung pagkasabi mo na ang hirap mapatawad ng la salle sa ginawa nilang hindi pagsipot para kunin yung 2nd place award, ang dating e masyado mo namang dinidibdib ang action ng la salle. ano uli? mahirap mapatawad? parang personal a hehe. e kung ibang school yan o kahit ateneo pa yan kung sila ang 2nd place, para sa kin, to hell i care. not my problem anymore. problema nila yun. anyway, alma mater ko ang la salle pero yung hindi nila pagsipot para kunin yung troply, i try to understand and sympathize with their feelings but i do not approve of it dahil dapat kahit talo, we should accept it even in defeat. i don't even buy the idea na kaya hindi sinipot ay walang nagsabi sa kanila. this is B.S. it's SOP naman to come out and get it esp pag championship game. kahit man lang school rep sana ang lumabas para kunin kung walang player or coaching staff na willing kumuha. i don't even agree na kaya hindi nila kinuha yung trophy ay dahil sa fear na i boo boo lang sila ng mga atenista. nagmukha naman silang childish kung ganon ang reasoning nila. pero i agree with the announcer nung sinabi nyang it must have been a tough loss for la salle to accept the trophy kaya sila na lang ang tumanggap in behalf of la salle.

medyo madaming boo boo si franz pumaren this year like abandoning the rp youth team and even blaming the refs for the loss. i think it's uncalled for. they should have just graciously accepted their defeat. anyway me next season pa naman and i'm sure franz will cook up something for next season to prepare the team better.

i just hope la salle will be back with a vengeance next season. mas maganda nga kasi host ang ateneo next year.

so ok i respect your opinion pre. wag na natin pahabain to. kung gusto mo mag comment pa rin, go ahead hehe. tutal me press freedom naman tayo e. hehe. peace.

Edited by wizard23