Tattoos And Body Piercings

yup, elle from apat na alon created my patterns...

you familiar with them?

yep

haven't had any ink or design work by them but I've seen some of their work and they are really something.

I'm looking at getting a Haribon design but I'm still not sure as to what direction I want to take it in (look, layout, bodypart, etc.) I'm very OC about things like that lol

It's great that a group still specializes in traditional Filipino designs and is keeping it alive.

good job on getting a pinoy tat, instead of the usual koi, tribal designs that seem to be everywhere lately.

yep

haven't had any ink or design work by them but I've seen some of their work and they are really something.

I'm looking at getting a Haribon design but I'm still not sure as to what direction I want to take it in (look, layout, bodypart, etc.) I'm very OC about things like that lol

It's great that a group still specializes in traditional Filipino designs and is keeping it alive.

good job on getting a pinoy tat, instead of the usual koi, tribal designs that seem to be everywhere lately.

You live in the OC bro? I surf there a lot when I'm in LA...

yeah, we're a lucky generation actually. They just started bringing the filipino tattoo tradition to light in 98'

yeah, i'm just getting one last tattoo and that's it. I'm getting on the right side of my ribcage, ouch!

got tattooed twice, tribal.. one was on my back (below the nape area) it was too small kkaya i had it tattooed again, much larger. im planning on having my third tattoo but im going to work abroad, having doubts about it and my current gf won't allow me to have one again. one of the nicest tattoo i've seen was the tattoo of john joe (mtv vj) on his right arm (i guess) it was like a puzzle or something.. cool to look at.

well, they said after you got a tattoo u wont be able to donate blood.. info guys.. u still will be able to donate blood, that is you have to wait for 8 months to do so.. as for me, im a low blood guy, whew...

for me, it was painful to have one, specially on the sensitive part of your skin (ribcage) but as time goes by after you had a tattoo you will ask for more and miss all the pains you ent through..( for me ha)

advise to those who want to have a tattoo..

first you have to decide what design you want to have.. think think think.. you dont want to end up having the same tattoo with other guys or regreting why in the hell you pick that design.

second you have to have enough dough (money). the bigger and nicer the tattoo is, the more expensize they'll charge for it. i suggest 4-5k worth of tattoo will be nice enough for you.

then pick the best tattoo artist in town.. canvass, go to malls and find tattoo spots. some of 'em are in filinvest mall (gamewrx) and in harrison plaza.

well, they said after you got a tattoo u wont be able to donate blood.. info guys.. u still will be able to donate blood, that is you have to wait for 8 months to do so.. as for me, im a low blood guy, whew...

for me, it was painful to have one, specially on the sensitive part of your skin (ribcage) but as time goes by after you had a tattoo you will ask for more and miss all the pains you ent through..( for me ha)

advise to those who want to have a tattoo..

first you have to decide what design you want to have.. think think think.. you dont want to end up having the same tattoo with other guys or regreting why in the hell you pick that design.

second you have to have enough dough (money). the bigger and nicer the tattoo is, the more expensize they'll charge for it. i suggest 4-5k worth of tattoo will be nice enough for you.

then pick the best tattoo artist in town.. canvass, go to malls and find tattoo spots. some of 'em are in filinvest mall (gamewrx) and in harrison plaza.

hey bro, think you can give me a list of the best tattoo places to check out in the philippines? Like in what malls etc. I'm designing my next tattoo now, and I will have it done in the philippines since I'll be moving there for a few years. I need to watch these artist for a bit and see their methods etc.

ako gusto ko sana kso ayaw ni misis hehe...

astig kse ang dating e. kso nga lang once nandyan na, wala ng bawian...

ang pagpapa-tattoo ay hindi parang kanin isusubo ng pedeng iluwa lang :)

Yes. But there's this method of tattoo removal that leaves no scar/keloids on the tattoed part and it's painless as well.

Not sure how much does it cost though... Anyone here knows that ? ^_^

Edited by ^sweating_pipe69^

PHILIPPINE'S MOST AWARDED TATTOO ARTIST Achievements

1st PHILTAG TATTOO EXPO (Aug 26, 1995)

* 1st Place - Best in BACK PIECE

* 1st Place - Best in COLOR

2nd PHILTAG TATTOO EXPO (Dec 14, 1995)

* 1st Place - Best in TRIBAL

* 1st Place - Best in PORTRAIT

* 1st Place - Best in SMALL PIECE

* 2nd Place - Best in FEMALE TATTOO

* 2nd Place - Best in BLACK and GRAY

1st NAT'L TATTOO CONVENTION (Oct 5, 1995)

* 1st & 2nd Place - CUERVO GOLD TATTOO

* 1st & 2nd Place - Best in SMALL PIECE

* 1st Place - MOST UNUSUAL TATTOO

* 2nd Place - Best in TRIBAL

* 2nd & 3rd Place - Best in BLACK & GRAY

* 2nd Place - Best in PORTRAIT

* 2nd Place - Best in COLOR FLASH

INK EXPOSURE (Sept 28, 2002)

* 1st & 3rd Place - Best in TRIBAL

* 2nd Place - Best LARGE PIECE COLOR

* 2nd Place - Best LARGE PIECE BLACK & GRAY

PHIL TATTOO EXPO '02 (Nov 14, 2002)

* 2nd Place - Best BIG PIECE

* 3rd Place - Best in TRIBAL/CELTIC

* 3rd Place - Best in BLACK & GRAY

ARTISTRY & PAIN (December 13, 2002)

* 1st Place - TATTOO OF THE DAY

* 1st Place - Best in BLACK & GRAY

* 3rd Place - MEDIUM PIECE COLOR

SKIN ARTISTRY, THE CHALLENGE (March 25, 2004)

* 1st Place - Best ON THE SPOT COVER-UP

* 2nd Place - TATTOO OF THE DAY

* 3rd Place - Best FEMALE TATTOO

PATIK FESTIVAL (Cebu 1999)

* 2nd Place - Best in BIG PIECE

* 2nd Place - Best in SMALL PIECE

OTHERS

* 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place - Rock-Up Your Levi's 1997

* 4th Place - DRESS-UP Your CUERVO 1999

* 3rd Place - Best in LARGE PIECE (Mayric's 1999)

* PINOY EXPOSED RECORD HOLDER 2001

* GRAND PRIZE - "DRESS a FISH" (SM SOUTHMALL 2002)

* SPECIAL AWARD - MUNTINLUPA CAR & BIKE SHOW 2004

* GRAND PRIZE - BEST DRESSED BIKE - LAOAG BIKE SHOW 2005

* GRAND PRIZE - HUMAN CANVAS Bodypainting Competition

* Philippine Representative in Austria

http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal13349_Joe_Saliendra_s_Gallery.asp :evil: :thumbsupsmiley:

bad trip ang henna!!! sobrang daming pa cool na akala nila cool ang henna, sarap pagtawanan

Just a reminder... to everyone... If the needle used in a tattoo could spread some diseases... henna is not spared... a friend of mine contracted a herpes virus after he had a henna done on him... Yes as a Vet. doctor i can say there are some diseases that can be contracted via direct contact... So either its a tat or a henna make sure the neddles, palstic or whatever is used to do it... are sterilized and new...

and oh by the way i have a small kanji tattoo on my right ankle... Planing to have another one... for my left ankle... My reason for having one .. is due to luck or some thing like that...