Tattoos And Body Piercings

Beginning in the late 1990s the 'lower back tattoo', known in slang as a "tramp stamp", "ass antlers," or the "back-door bullseye" became popular especially among young women. Lower back tattoos are often oblong in shape, following the slope of the back on either side of the woman's spine. The lower back tattoo is body decoration with the intent of emphasizing sexual attractiveness. Generally, a lower back tattoo will be designed to emphasize the shape and curvature of the female figure. While such tattoos have become increasingly popular and accepted in recent years in many parts of the world especially the west, they remain an object of derision in some quarters. Detractors consider such tattoos in this location as suggestive of promiscuity and an indication of Raunch Culture.

Several attributes of lower back tattoos that have made them popular. While the lower back is not the widest area of the human back, it has abundant space for a large design, and horizontal tattoo designs can be worked easily. Another advantage is that the lower back is less likely to stretch and distort due to minor weight fluctuations, thus avoiding the tattoo becoming warped and faded as quickly.

Lower back tattoos are also often displayed in conjunction with halfshirts and bellyshirts (also called crop tops) designed to expose the midriff, and low-rise jeans that are worn low around the hips.

I've always wanted to get a Tat. I've even finished making my own designs and I know where I want them on my bod. But I still got some reservations about getting em... Like is it really that hard to get a job at one of the big corporates when you have one? (I totally think this is a load of crap) or is true you can never give blood after? Puros old stories lang to eh.

I've always wanted to get a Tat. I've even finished making my own designs and I know where I want them on my bod. But I still got some reservations about getting em... Like is it really that hard to get a job at one of the big corporates when you have one? (I totally think this is a load of crap) or is true you can never give blood after? Puros old stories lang to eh.

So do I, I wanted to have one but sorry for us coz we are filipinos, lack of artistic interests.. this is the only country whos

anti-tats :upside: ... Maybe when I am already a millionaire and doesnt need to look for a job, thats the right time to get

some tats hehehehe :thumbsupsmiley: .. For the meantime I am contented with my tongue and belly piercings.....

Ironic considering our ancestors were called the "painted island people" (or sometihing like that) by explorers way back before we were colonized. Apparently, tattoos were very deeply rooted in true Filipino heritage - Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao... And our tattoos back then told told the story of a family's history. cool huh? :upside:

Guys and Gals, I need your help.

Is php600 for a tongue-pierce (surgical steel tongue stud included) worth it?

I've checked out every place I know that offers body-piercing, and so far, I found one at Circle C (mall along Congressional Ave. QC) and

they charge me php600. Is it worth my money, or do you know some other cheaper place?

had all of this just this year ewan ko but the needle is really addicting all of this are unfinished yet got them at straight edge tattoos in sta mesa artist's name is vijaya krishna hope you like em

this one needs retouching though nagbeach kasi ako after a few days this was done kaya medyo malabo

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/sabotage12/2007_09290260-1.jpg

this one is still unfinished to it still needs some oriental background

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/sabotage12/2007_09290261.jpg

eto 2pac inspired IDOL!!!!!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/sabotage12/rosariesandtwinhearts027.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...