Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

with cariaso on board i see the bgk players playing within a system and not the gung-ho/bara-bara style (read: run and gun). rome was not built in one day, so the basketball sexperts in this forum should not expect a turn-around or a miracle on their first conference.

with cariaso on board i see the bgk players playing within a system and not the gung-ho/bara-bara style (read: run and gun). rome was not built in one day, so the basketball sexperts in this forum should not expect a turn-around or a miracle on their first conference.

Correct. Another cycle of transition...the trouble is, once the projected result is not attained, impatience gets in and goes back to the cycle (palit uli kasi walang nangyayari, and the cycle goes on)

SMB has the same predicament. They tinkered on the idea that Olsen can handle the team with Coach Rajko around guiding him. The Rajko Toroman experiment did not last long for the Boosters as the team's veterans rejected his methods. In the end, the franchise took him out of the team and handed the reins completely to Racela. Nabigo...then this Biboy Ravanes and the expat tandem (ala Juno and Ato tandem)...bigo rin!

Sa Ginebra naman:

Siot Tanquingcen was the head coach of the Kings up until the 2013 Philippine Cup but he had a cloud hanging over him the name of Alfrancis Chua who stood as team consultant. Alfrancis Chua was elevated to head coach from team consultant and Siot Tanquingcen was demoted to assistant heading into the 2013 Commissioner's Cup. After struggling with import Herbert Hill, Chua found gold in Vernon Macklin who carried them to a stint at the finals. Although it seemed like Ginebra finally got the perfect mix, the situation did not last long.

Things got really weird really fast for Ginebra as Chua resigned from his spot as head coach claiming there were people meddling with the the decision-making in Ginebra. This resulted to the transfer of a basketball official in the SMC group to another arm and the hiring of Ato Agustin as interim head coach. Chua returned to the team this time as a manager. After being upgraded into a full time head coach instead of an interim one, Ato Agustin operated in the 2014 Philippine Cup with a former head coach beside him as team manager. Together they carried Ginebra to the top spot in the eliminations. However, this was not enough for the mangement as they shook things up again. Agustin retained the title of head coach but assistant coach Juno Sauler did the head coaching duties during games.

Immediately after the end of their Commissioner's Cup campaign, news broke out that Ginebra officials are already talking to current San Mig Super Coffee assistant coach Jeffrey Cariaso to be their next head coach. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! just too much tinkering...

Sa Ginebra naman:

Siot Tanquingcen was the head coach of the Kings up until the 2013 Philippine Cup but he had a cloud hanging over him the name of Alfrancis Chua who stood as team consultant. Alfrancis Chua was elevated to head coach from team consultant and Siot Tanquingcen was demoted to assistant heading into the 2013 Commissioner's Cup. After struggling with import Herbert Hill, Chua found gold in Vernon Macklin who carried them to a stint at the finals. Although it seemed like Ginebra finally got the perfect mix, the situation did not last long.

Things got really weird really fast for Ginebra as Chua resigned from his spot as head coach claiming there were people meddling with the the decision-making in Ginebra. This resulted to the transfer of a basketball official in the SMC group to another arm and the hiring of Ato Agustin as interim head coach. Chua returned to the team this time as a manager. After being upgraded into a full time head coach instead of an interim one, Ato Agustin operated in the 2014 Philippine Cup with a former head coach beside him as team manager. Together they carried Ginebra to the top spot in the eliminations. However, this was not enough for the mangement as they shook things up again. Agustin retained the title of head coach but assistant coach Juno Sauler did the head coaching duties during games.

Immediately after the end of their Commissioner's Cup campaign, news broke out that Ginebra officials are already talking to current San Mig Super Coffee assistant coach Jeffrey Cariaso to be their next head coach. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! just too much tinkering...

ang tanong ko lang nung una, bakit kailangan palitan si siot ni al? sa tingin ko siot was more successful as a coach with I think 3 championships to boast... si al 1st runner up finishes lang....

• Like (+1) 1

Opinion lang mga brad, dapat yata hindi palit ng palit ng mga coaches para may continuity ang systema sa team. Look at the successful coaches tulad nina Cone and black etc. Hindi naman lahat ng conferences ng team nila is winning season. May mga conferences din naman na elimination pa lang eh laglag na yun team nila. Ang importante is may continuity. Parang ang alaska kay trillo, nung first few conferences under him puro talo ang team pero ngayon lagi na silang contender.

actually tama yun... dapat me continuity.... kaso ang nagyayari, continuity ng maling diskarte.... nagsimula ito ng i rigodon yung mga coaches ng SMC PBA teams pati na yung UAAP na sponsored ng San Miguel...

me mga moves na hindi ko parin maiintindihan as a spectator.... i.e. yung me head coach tapos iba naman talaga nagpapatakbo ng practice, either consultant or active assistant... pati yung mga nagperform dati like siot and jong, nawala sa smc...

kung halimbawa, ni retain si jong or si siot for sometime kahit losing conference, and then they were retained until makuha ulit yung winning system, it might have been better for the gins... kaso hindi ganun ang naging direksyon.... continuous ang palit ng coach na para bang di titigil until naka pwesto yung mga bata nila sa coaching staff....

ang nakinabangan lang na solid eh san mig becaus they got tim cone...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

Opinion lang mga brad, dapat yata hindi palit ng palit ng mga coaches para may continuity ang systema sa team. Look at the successful coaches tulad nina Cone and black etc. Hindi naman lahat ng conferences ng team nila is winning season. May mga conferences din naman na elimination pa lang eh laglag na yun team nila. Ang importante is may continuity. Parang ang alaska kay trillo, nung first few conferences under him puro talo ang team pero ngayon lagi na silang contender.

actually tama yun... dapat me continuity.... kaso ang nagyayari, continuity ng maling diskarte.... nagsimula ito ng i rigodon yung mga coaches ng SMC PBA teams pati na yung UAAP na sponsored ng San Miguel...

me mga moves na hindi ko parin maiintindihan as a spectator.... i.e. yung me head coach tapos iba naman talaga nagpapatakbo ng practice, either consultant or active assistant... pati yung mga nagperform dati like siot and jong, nawala sa smc...

kung halimbawa, ni retain si jong or si siot for sometime kahit losing conference, and then they were retained until makuha ulit yung winning system, it might have been better for the gins... kaso hindi ganun ang naging direksyon.... continuous ang palit ng coach na para bang di titigil until naka pwesto yung mga bata nila sa coaching staff....

ang nakinabangan lang na solid eh san mig becaus they got tim cone...

'Yun nga ang problema eh, ginagawa nilang Guinea Pig ang Ginebra at SMB sa mga retired/dating players nila na gusto nilang gawin coach kaso ang nilalagay naman nilang coach para sa 2 teams mga magagaling ngang players pero bopols na coach kaya, just look at smc, steady lang si cone doon since being appointed as head coach a few years ago, the team adapted to the system and it paid off

Edited by Agent_mulder

I read the article.... Para sa akin this was written by smc's spin doctors who aim to make cariaso acceptable to ginebra fans... Though i would like to give him the benefit of the doubt, a head coaching job in the pba needs experience.... Experience as an actual head coach and not as an oic whenever tim is away.... Coaching is not only about the x's and o's but also managing the egos of the players... Earning their respect and not because he was shoved down their throats...

Or at least promote an assistant from the ranks of the team and not from its sister team.... Remember the guy named phil in chicago?

Anyway, i wish jeff all the best... I hope they got a good import to compliment the talents of the locals... Mahirap na masisi ulit ang import.... Pag too many variables ang hirap madetermine kung saan talaga ang problema

Edited by *kalel*
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1