Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Iba ang nagmomotivate sa nagcocoach...i love the big J.....jawo is hands down a really really great motivator...if not the best motivator....but coaching before vs coaching now is very very different also....you cannot keep on comparing marlou with japhet, feihl with slaughter etc....since during their time the talent pool and quality of teams are vastly inferior compared to todays player...dati rati one on one lang ok na eh...kaya nga napagiwanan tayo ng mga ibang bansa dahil sa one on one plays natin...

Now look at the different plays being used...from gilas dribble drive to san mig all dependable triangle defense...sama mo narin yun kay black , trillo and of course RoS...thats why im implying that maybe jawo will be behind sa coaching style...tama sinabi ng isa dyan ....ganun ba kadali magadopt si jawo??? .....iba yun nagpep talk sa nagcocoach na...pero syempre mas maganda kung magaling magmotivate and magcoach at the same time...SA NGAYON HA!....compare mo sina yeng and trillo...then kay cone and black....mas magaling mag motivate si yeng kesa kay trillo...pero si cone magaling magmotivate and coach pa....NOW ...will cone out motivate jawo sa mga players? Of course not....but will cone out coach jawo??? ...perhaps ....sa ngayon...

Yes we all agree na kelangan palitan ng coach ang ginebra...but dont get our hopes too high that the BIG J will instantly bring the GINs the championship trophy

well the big j may not immediately bring a championship to ginebra right on his first try, but at least for him to bring out the best in his players and to watch ginebra playing with energy and intensity, that is good enough reason for fans to cheer for the gin kings again. at least pag nakitang lumalaban matutuwa at babalik ang 6th man ng ginebra.

1398431414[/url]' post='9236667']

well the big j may not immediately bring a championship to ginebra right on his first try, but at least for him to bring out the best in his players and to watch ginebra playing with energy and intensity, that is good enough reason for fans to cheer for the gin kings again. at least pag nakitang lumalaban matutuwa at babalik ang 6th man ng ginebra.

Yup...yun ang problema ng gins talaga...nde yun never say die attitude...na sinasabi lagi sa media eh...unang una...para magkaroon ng never say die attitude ang BUONG TEAM...dapat magaling maginspire or magmotivate yun coach...like what leo isaac said...if you read the whole interview ...isaac never emphasize on how good jawos coaching is...laging magaling magmotivate...if you have a coach like that kahit lamang na ng kalaban mo ng 50 pts hahabulin mo talaga...Now , look at the huddle ng gins pag timeout ngayon....nt only maingay ang huddle, walang kamotivamotivation na nanggagaling sa coach..si ato nakaupo lang anlang emotion...si sauler nagbibigay ng instruction...parang kinakausap ang mga varsity players ...si caguioa??? Indifferent!!! Dapat nagmomotivate sya considering pinagyayabang nyang nakalaro nya si jawo!!!...nde sya naglilead eh...

Ngayon...if you're the players...with a mess of a coaching staff... Mawawalan ng gana yun players eh...kaya lagi akong naiinis pag sinasabi sa media na wala ng never say die attitude...na sinabi rin ni caguioa sa mga teamates nya...yun coaching staff talaga ang problema...In the first place ..with the talent and lineup of ginebra ngayon..dapat tinatambakan na yun ibang teams eh...minsan minsan nlang lalabas yun never say die spirit nila..pag malas talaga shooting ng mga players...

And yes...i dont care if jawo doesnt brings the championship right away...and yes...i believe jawo will get outcoached often(as of now) by the likes of cone black etc...but i want my GINEBRA to play with aggressiveness, with good ball movement and with a swag like the way they played during the all filipino...and i think those are what JAWO can bring back to ginebra!

1398348424[/url]' post='9235771']

sorry OT but i'm rooting for air 21...this team personifies the old ginebra never-say-die.

Your wish is granted...lolololol

I hope this would force the SMC honchos to look really really hard on their two teams...SMB and Ginebra 2 so called powerhouse teams....SMB with the Kraken getting ousted in the semis also same with Ginebra with the twin towers

Common denominator? Hodge podge coaching staffs....:) OT....but WTH would the coaching staff allow ross to dribble away instead of calling a timeout in regulation...ayun na steal ni taulava...and you also see ravanes giving his two cents after the coach gave the instructions already ....kinda like their sister team too...:)

Looks like Air 21 is more like the 'never say die' team..,

Na witness ko yung never-say-die attitude ng Air 21.Na intrigue kas ako sa post mo. Papatayin ko na sana yung TV kasi 1.5 minutes na lang lamang ang SMC ng 10. Naghabol. Typical of Ginebra of old. Nag double overtime. Air21 pa nanalo. Pasok sa semis. ............................... . kainggit !

Yup...yun ang problema ng gins talaga...nde yun never say die attitude...na sinasabi lagi sa media eh...unang una...para magkaroon ng never say die attitude ang BUONG TEAM...dapat magaling maginspire or magmotivate yun coach...like what leo isaac said...if you read the whole interview ...isaac never emphasize on how good jawos coaching is...laging magaling magmotivate...if you have a coach like that kahit lamang na ng kalaban mo ng 50 pts hahabulin mo talaga...Now , look at the huddle ng gins pag timeout ngayon....nt only maingay ang huddle, walang kamotivamotivation na nanggagaling sa coach..si ato nakaupo lang anlang emotion...si sauler nagbibigay ng instruction...parang kinakausap ang mga varsity players ...si caguioa??? Indifferent!!! Dapat nagmomotivate sya considering pinagyayabang nyang nakalaro nya si jawo!!!...nde sya naglilead eh...

Ngayon...if you're the players...with a mess of a coaching staff... Mawawalan ng gana yun players eh...kaya lagi akong naiinis pag sinasabi sa media na wala ng never say die attitude...na sinabi rin ni caguioa sa mga teamates nya...yun coaching staff talaga ang problema...In the first place ..with the talent and lineup of ginebra ngayon..dapat tinatambakan na yun ibang teams eh...minsan minsan nlang lalabas yun never say die spirit nila..pag malas talaga shooting ng mga players...

And yes...i dont care if jawo doesnt brings the championship right away...and yes...i believe jawo will get outcoached often(as of now) by the likes of cone black etc...but i want my GINEBRA to play with aggressiveness, with good ball movement and with a swag like the way they played during the all filipino...and i think those are what JAWO can bring back to ginebra!

I agree. In my opinion, the current Ginebra line-up is strong enough to get a grand slam. Give Jaworski a conference or two to acclimatize himself with the players then we can talk of championships.

absolutely...it may take time, maybe a conference or two, for the big j to get accustomed to the pba plays again. fans will understand that. for as long as we see the fire in the eyes of all the players, okay na yan for the meantime. sa ngayon kasi, napakagulo ng coaching staff ng ginebra. ang daming nagbibigay ng instructions. pati manager nakikisawsaw na :lol: :lol: :lol: ginebra needs a charismatic and well respected captain of the ship...and there is only one person who can bring back the glory days of ginebra. iisa lang ang boss natin dito mga kaibigan.

Your wish is granted...lolololol

I hope this would force the SMC honchos to look really really hard on their two teams...SMB and Ginebra 2 so called powerhouse teams....SMB with the Kraken getting ousted in the semis also same with Ginebra with the twin towers

Common denominator? Hodge podge coaching staffs....:) OT....but WTH would the coaching staff allow ross to dribble away instead of calling a timeout in regulation...ayun na steal ni taulava...and you also see ravanes giving his two cents after the coach gave the instructions already ....kinda like their sister team too...:)

Looks like Air 21 is more like the 'never say die' team..,

Air21 and RoS. :)

sorry OT ulit but i just have to write this. congratulations to the new never-say-die team of the pba. impressive win over a powerhouse team. i liked the way they clawed back from 11-12 points down in the 4th quarter and how they battled smb toe-to-toe in the two OTs sans joseph yeo. yes...smb and ginebra, iisa lang ang problema - coaching staff. may imported pang coach ang smb tsk tsk tsk to the management of smb and ginebra, isip-isip lang pag may time at baka tuluyan nang mwala ang mga supporters niyo.

sorry OT ulit but i just have to write this. congratulations to the new never-say-die team of the pba. impressive win over a powerhouse team. i liked the way they clawed back from 11-12 points down in the 4th quarter and how they battled smb toe-to-toe in the two OTs sans joseph yeo. yes...smb and ginebra, iisa lang ang problema - coaching staff. may imported pang coach ang smb tsk tsk tsk to the management of smb and ginebra, isip-isip lang pag may time at baka tuluyan nang mwala ang mga supporters niyo.

Ang to think na yung lineup ng Air21 hindi gaanong matangkad on average. Si Asi lang talagang panlaban nila (may edad pa pero may puso)

Ang to think na yung lineup ng Air21 hindi gaanong matangkad on average. Si Asi lang talagang panlaban nila (may edad pa pero may puso)

at age 41 asi is still a warrior. kita naman natin kung paano siya nakipagbanggaan kay the kraken. even in international competitions nobody doubted his fighting heart. ganyan sana ang pusong ginebra. when asi wanted to play for ginebra before he hangs up his jersey natuwa ako sa plano niya kasi tamang-tama never-say-die...but then the rest is history. it's air 21's gain.

yung sean anthony din is one guy that personifies energy, hustle, fire and a never-say-die attitude. kung nasaan yung bola nandun siya. not a superstar but a hardworker...gets the job done. reminds me of a freddie abuda.

first it was greg slaughter who was eliminated now it's june mar fajardo. another star-studded team will be catching the trip to boracay. with the rumored head coaching job being offered to jeff cariaso is johnny abarientos too far from achieving his lifetime dream of head-coaching a pba team? wow, there might be too many triangles on the moa/araneta basketball courts!

Has the Ginebra coaching job been offered to Tim Cone understudy Jeff Cariaso?

http://contents.spin.ph/image/San-Mig-Coffee-DPeralta-042414.jpg
Jeff Cariaso played for Tim Cone during the glory years of the Alaska franchise and later became one of his deputies when the multit-titled coach moved to San Mig three years ago.Dante Peralta

WILL Jeff Cariaso be the next coach of Barangay Ginebra?

Possibly, says a source.

Word has reached Spin.ph on Thursday that Cariaso, a former player of multi-titled Tim Cone and now his chief understudy at San Mig, has been offered the Ginebra coaching job after the team's disappointing finish in the PBA Commissioner's Cup under Juno Sauler and Ato Agustin.

According to the source, the offer was made to Cariaso on Wednesday and negotiations are underway for his move to Ginebra from sister team San Mig.

"Nag-usap na sila kahapon. Negosasyon pa lang 'yan, pero mukhang siya talaga ang ina-eye," said the source. "Sa ngayon, wala pang formal deal kasi nag-uusap pa sa kontrata and all."

Spin.ph tried to contact the 15-year PBA veteran, but he has yet to respond to calls and text messages.

Team insiders said Cariaso already has the blessings of Cone, who coached the Fil-American guard during the glory years of the Alaska franchise and later took him in as one of his deputies when he moved to San Mig three years ago.

The news came at a time when Ginebra fans are salivating over the prospect of PBA legend Robert Jaworski returning to a team he helped turn into the most popular in the league behind the never-say-die spirit his teams personified in the eighties and early nineties.

Sources said the Ginebra offer to Jaworski has been on the table for a while now but there has been no movement in the negotiations since.

Another source said Jaworski, 68, is still in the US.

As it is, Sauler, who acted as 'active assistant' during Ginebra's failed campaign in the Commissioner's Cup, is already out of the running since he is set to focus on De La Salle's varsity squad, which he led to a UAAP championship last season.

If ever, it would be no surprise that the next Ginebra coach would come from San Mig, clearly the most successful among the three teams under the SMC umbrella.

While San Mig has won the last two league championships, Ginebra's title drought has now spanned six years while San Miguel has not won a title since the 2009 First Conference.

ito lang ang masasabi ko diyan kung matutuloy si cariaso sa ginebra...PATAY!!! DISGRASYA!!! ano ba itong pinag-gagawa ng management sa team? i have nothing against cariaso as a player...but head coach of ginebra?

gulo na naman to kung si cariaso ang ipinalit... no offense to jeff... i think alfrancis is better if di rin lang maibabalik si jawo

Mahirap 'yan, ako bilib din ako ke Cariaso noon as a player pero as a coach makikita lang natin 'yan pag naging coach na s'ya at sana naman hindi disastrous ang result gaya ke Ato. Al Chua was doing a good job pero pinalitan dahil sa pulitika sa SMC management. Base sa picture, me 2 major understudy si Cone, si Cariaso at Richard Del Rosario (major for me dahil pareho silang naka-black while si Johnny A at oslen iba ang kulay ng suot), naku baka si Richard Del Rosario pala ang tinutukoy nila hehe

Nagtitipid ba sa coach ang SMC?? Bakit ganyan?? Pati coach ng SMB puro alang experience ah...tuwa ko lang pagnatalo sila sa air21....i understand gusto nila bigyan ng break mga coaching staff nila.... Pero nde ba pwede sa UAAP or NCAA or PBA Dleague nila ipadala yun iba...wag agad agad sa PBA...

Ginagawang Guinea Pig ang Ginebra at SMB pagdating sa pagiging coach ng dating mga SMB players eh

sorry OT but i'm rooting for air 21...this team personifies the old ginebra never-say-die.

Ganda nga ng laro kagabi, nasabi ko na lang sa sarili ko kahit sino manalo deserving. Sean Anthony is perfect for Ginebra, walang takot sa shaded area and even in giving those hard fouls hehe..

palitan na ung point guard at ung coach

In favor ako na palitan si L.A., pumasok na ang pa superstar complex sa kukote nito eh

Edited by Agent_mulder

So many rumors circulating..... Pero sana di mawala yung focus na kailangan ng change sa system ng coaching ng ginebra.....

Kahit anong galing ng players, they need a more able coach... Maganda ang combinasyon ni japeth, greg, la, chris at mark.... They have able back ups in mamaril, reyes, ababou and baracael... Kung mekonting kulang yun yung willie wilson and maybe a tubid .... But kahit wala yung 2, the team if coached properly, will go places...

I could not see anyone more able than jawo to coach to team... But i am open to other options as long as they are very well experienced

Edited by *kalel*
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

Tim Cone confirms SMC plan to name 'chemistry guy' Jeff Cariaso as Ginebra coach

http://contents.spin.ph/image/jeffreycariasotimconedante.jpg
San Mig coach Tim Cone says assistant Jeff Cariaso has been the "chemistry guy" of the multi-titled Mixers. Dante Peralta

SAN Mig coach Tim Cone feels his long partnership with assistant coach Jeffrey Cariaso is at an end.

The multi-titled PBA coach has confirmed a story first run by Spin.ph that his former prized player-turned-chief assistant is being considered to take over San Mig's sister ballclub Barangay Ginebra.

“I don’t know if the (San Miguel) organization has come out with a statement, but I think it’s (Cariaso’s move to Ginebra) gonna happen,” Cone said shortly after San Mig ended Alaska’s titlle-retention bid on Saturday by winning their rubber match, 79-65, at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.

"But I’m not gonna conform it because there are still details to work out," he added.

According to Spin.ph sources, Cariaso wants to bring in a number of associates to be part of his staff in the event he takes over the Ginebra job from Ato Agustin.

Cone said he is happy for Cariaso, a key player for the American mentor during Alaska’s glory years in the 1990s who is now being considered to take over the league's most popular ballclub.

“I’m extremely happy for Jeff, if that’s the case. I mean, this is what you do as head coaches. You try to groom your guy to be head coaches and every time it happens, it’s a great reflection on what you do,” said the 16-time PBA champion coach.

Nonetheless, the 56-year-old Cone said if ever Cariaso moves to the Ginebra camp, he will be sad to lose someone who has served as the Mixers’ “chemistry” guy.

“He’s our chemistry bringer. Jeff is a chemistry guy because he builds our chemistry, so when we lose him, that’s gonna be a void for sure,” he added.

Cariaso, 41, joined Cone along with former Alaska teammate Johnny Abarrientos to serve as two of San Mig/B-Meg assistant coaches before the start of the 2012 season.

The former Rookie of the Year has since won three PBA championships with Cone at San Mig.

IMHO, the discussions in this forum and all other fan groups regarding Ginebra best describes what is happening to the team: CONFUSING, CHAOTIC.

I mean, wala akong makitang patutunguhang direction ng Ginebra ngayon. Fans na lang ata ang may never-say-die spirit. Sa players, mabibilang mo na lang. Yung iba, nasa ibang team na.

Dahil ba nakatikim silang magnumber 1 nung All Filipino kaya naging ganyan? Nasobrahan sa pakiramdam na nasa taas? As was said, superstar mentality?

For me, I'll end up adjusting my expectations of Ginebra until such time that I see them either (1) Go to the Finals and be up 3-1 in any conference series or (2) Start a slow rebuilding process out of which MC47 and JJ13 end hanging up their respective jerseys.

I don't have too high of an expectation for them at the time being. Cushions the heartbreak everytime I see them fail. As long as you have INCOMPETENT FOOLS sitting on the bench (Isang PA system na taga announce ng plays ng isang former MVP na hindi naman ata nagdidirect ng play in English, Gallent? ano nga pala silbi nya sa bench ng Ginebra??? Robert Non - why the hell is he on the bench rather than Caidic who is an assistant coach??? Coach Al, well, at least he has passion... but no longer he is a coach. He's the team manager now.), I'm sorry to say but my hopes on Ginebra are at an understandably minimal level right now. Suporta na lang ang meron ako sa Ginebra sa ngayon.

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami
  • Like (+1) 1