Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Reports has it that aside from Jeffrey Cariaso Ginebra is flying in a new athletic trainer by the name of Kirk in its coaching staff.

this is good... add kn rin ng conditioning coach para hindi lambot -lambot sa depensa.

pagkatapos magrevamp ng coach... itrade ang dapat itrade..

i dont think mapupuno ng MVP teams ang MOA Arena o Araneta palagi...

i agree with the change in coaches and if its true, with the athletic/conditioning coach.... but i do not know if jeff will be up to the task...it took trillo yata 2 years before his breakthrough season but hindi nya na yata naulit yun... hanggang semis na lang ulit yata ang alaska.... ryan gregorio has the same thing... after he inherited a power house team in purefoods, di na sya nakaulit after he left for mearlaco... chot reyes is more of an exception than a norm...

i would rather go for experienced coaches instead... jawo, uichico, ronquillo and the likes... enhance the team chemistry, plays, practice norms, defense and system.... win 1, 2, 3 championship together maybe with jeff as assistant... then promote him later on....

i just do not know if we (fans) will have the patience to wait for cariaso to have a break out season....

btw, until now, i do not understand why uichico and tanquincen were removed as coaches when they were responsible for 2 championships each ...

anyway, at the end of the day, gsm management pa rin yan.....

• Like (+1) 1

Eto na yung higanteng rigodon.

A MASSIVE revamp of the Barangay Ginebra coaching staff is set to unfold over the next few days.

According to sources, the imminent arrival of new coach Jeffrey Cariaso will set off a shake-up of the Ginebra coaching staff beginning with the arrival of Olsen Racela, who is set to join his fellow San Mig assistant on the bench of the PBA's most popular team.

Racela, who briefly coached Petron/San Miguel before moving to serve as a deputy of Tim Cone at San Mig, has been given the green light to assist Cariaso when Ginebra makes the transition from a run-and-gun system to a triangle offense, the source added.

The changes should be in place when Ginebra returns to practice for the season-ending Governors Cup on Monday, just over a week after a disappointing quarterfinal exit from the Commissioner's Cup.

A source said Cariaso, a former Rookie of the Year and many-time All-Star, tried to bring along both Racela and Johnny Abarrientos from San Mig to Ginebra, but only the former got the nod.

“Mukhang approve na yung paglipat ni Olsen. Inaayos na lang. Dapat si Johnny A din kasama, kaso hindi na pumayag si Tim (Cone),” said the source.

In turn, Cone, a source said, is trying to lure Joel Banal to fill the gap to be left by Cariaso and Racela.

“Gusto kasi ni Jeff mga kakilala niya ang makakasama. Hindi naman sa ayaw niya yung mga andun ngayon, pero syempre, kailangan niyo yung makakatulong sa kanya,” said the source.

There is still no official word on the movement of the current members of the Ginebra coaching staff, but a source bared that at this point it is only Jorge Gallent who is certain of staying on.

Another information bared that former Barako Bull coach Bong Ramos is also on the radar of Ginebra.

Meanwhile, current head Ginebra head coach Ato Agustin is likely to return to San Miguel Beer, the same team he led to the championship of the 2011 Governors’ Cup which is set to kick off on May 24 at the latest, assuming the best-of-seven Commissioner’s Cup finals goes the distance.

Art Dela Cruz will most likely move to Barako Bull to join former Ginebra coach Siot Tanquincen, who will assume the role of head coach of the Energy starting next conference.

On the other hand, current team manager Alfrancis Chua is set to be moved up to team governor in place of Robert Non, who will take over San Miguel's place in the board vacated by the late Ely Capacio.

The fate of Juno Sauler, Allan Caidic and Freddie Abuda remains in the balance, but sources say the three are at the moment focusing on the Dela Salle Green Archers, who are backed by San Miguel Corp. big boss Danding Cojuangco.

“Sa Lunes pa talaga yan ma-a-announce. Yung finality niyan sa Lunes na ilalabas,” said the source.

we can only hope for the best for our beloved ginebra team...with cariaso around, will we see a different ginebra team using the triangle offense or will we still see the same run and gun, gungho style of play? i just hope that talented players like ababou, forrester and monfort will be given their chance to prove their worth. ang hinahanapan ko lang talaga ng sagot eh kung bakit di makuha-kuha ng management si the "Big J" para mag-coach ng team? willing naman tumulong si jawo. masyado na bang demanding ang idolo ng bayan?...o sadya talagang ayaw nang kunin ng management ang nagbigay ng "never-say-die" spirit sa ginebra?

we can only hope for the best for our beloved ginebra team...with cariaso around, will we see a different ginebra team using the triangle offense or will we still see the same run and gun, gungho style of play? i just hope that talented players like ababou, forrester and monfort will be given their chance to prove their worth. ang hinahanapan ko lang talaga ng sagot eh kung bakit di makuha-kuha ng management si the "Big J" para mag-coach ng team? willing naman tumulong si jawo. masyado na bang demanding ang idolo ng bayan?...o sadya talagang ayaw nang kunin ng management ang nagbigay ng "never-say-die" spirit sa ginebra?

imo hindi bagay ang triangle system sa BGK at malaking adjustment ito

sa tingin ko sa compensation nagkakaroon ng clog sa usapin ng offer ng coaching kay Big J.

sayang tlaga si Tatang...

imo hindi bagay ang triangle system sa BGK at malaking adjustment ito

sa tingin ko sa compensation nagkakaroon ng clog sa usapin ng offer ng coaching kay Big J.

sayang tlaga si Tatang...

that is what i thought so, too. masyadong komplikado ang triangle...besides imo ang talagang bagay sa ginebra ay yung run and gun...more exciting to watch.

sayang talaga si Big J...he would've instilled discipline and commanded respect sa team.

QUOTE OF THE DAY Former Ginebra star Rudy Distrito on the 'state of confusion' on the Ginebra bench: "Ang coaching staff nila ang gulo. Magulo sila eh. Isa lang kung coach. Isa lang ang coach. Nung panahon niya (Robert Jaworski), siya lang ang nasusunod."

The whole story: http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/former-ginebra-star-rudy-distrito-hits-out-at-current-kings-players-coaches-hindi-ba-sila-nahihiya-sa-mga-fans

Edited by photographer

QUOTE OF THE DAY Former Ginebra star Rudy Distrito on the 'state of confusion' on the Ginebra bench: "Ang coaching staff nila ang gulo. Magulo sila eh. Isa lang kung coach. Isa lang ang coach. Nung panahon niya (Robert Jaworski), siya lang ang nasusunod."

The whole story: http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/former-ginebra-star-rudy-distrito-hits-out-at-current-kings-players-coaches-hindi-ba-sila-nahihiya-sa-mga-fans

iisa lang talaga ang sinasabi ng mga tao...player man o fans. magulo ang coaching staff ng ginebra. at iisa lang ang binibigkas na pangalan. JA-WORS-KI...JA-WORS-KI!!!

As long as may pagbabago sa laro ng mga ginebra players ...its fine with me...nun coach kasi si ato...maganda naman laro ng ginebra eh...look at the all filipino conf...halos unstopable sila to the point na tingin ko nde na kelangan magcach si ato eh...kaso...nun best of seven with san mig...nakita natin how he was out cached by tim cone...nagalit ang mga taga barangay dahil andaming mistakes na nde ginagawa ng coach...nandun yun maling rotation nya...yun nakalimutan si JReyes...yun inbound pass na nasteal nun game one...yun malapalengkeng coaching huddle....and syempre yun nakalimutan gamitin sina abbabou and forrester....

Tapos bumagsak na coaching staff nun ayaw nilang palitan si rodgers kahit kitang kita gano sya kahina...ngayon with cariaso at the helm...and bringing in the trinagle...i dont think pwede sa gins yun...nde mamaximize sina greg and japhet...pagkakaalam ko ang triangle offense is not geared for a offensive minded center...from cartwright longley and noah...to juinio and thoss...i just dont see na papasa lang si greg eh...

Yun style nina norman black, chot reyes and yeng guiao ang ok sa gins...sa tingin ko...

OT...naiinggit ako habang nanonnod ng air21 vs san mig...parang poor mans gin kings ang air21...taulava and aldrecht compared to slaughter and japhet...lamang lang sila kay yeo compared kina caguioa and helterbrand...tama nga sabi nila dito...bagong ginebra ang air 21

As long as may pagbabago sa laro ng mga ginebra players ...its fine with me...nun coach kasi si ato...maganda naman laro ng ginebra eh...look at the all filipino conf...halos unstopable sila to the point na tingin ko nde na kelangan magcach si ato eh...kaso...nun best of seven with san mig...nakita natin how he was out cached by tim cone...nagalit ang mga taga barangay dahil andaming mistakes na nde ginagawa ng coach...nandun yun maling rotation nya...yun nakalimutan si JReyes...yun inbound pass na nasteal nun game one...yun malapalengkeng coaching huddle....and syempre yun nakalimutan gamitin sina abbabou and forrester....

Tapos bumagsak na coaching staff nun ayaw nilang palitan si rodgers kahit kitang kita gano sya kahina...ngayon with cariaso at the helm...and bringing in the trinagle...i dont think pwede sa gins yun...nde mamaximize sina greg and japhet...pagkakaalam ko ang triangle offense is not geared for a offensive minded center...from cartwright longley and noah...to juinio and thoss...i just dont see na papasa lang si greg eh...

Yun style nina norman black, chot reyes and yeng guiao ang ok sa gins...sa tingin ko...

OT...naiinggit ako habang nanonnod ng air21 vs san mig...parang poor mans gin kings ang air21...taulava and aldrecht compared to slaughter and japhet...lamang lang sila kay yeo compared kina caguioa and helterbrand...tama nga sabi nila dito...bagong ginebra ang air 21

cariaso is a triangle player having played under the tutelage of tim cone in alaska. and with tim cone in san mig coffee, it is still the triangle offense for the jet. i will not be surprised if he brings the same system at ginebra. with that probable scenario, what will now happen with the likes of greg and japeth. will they blossom under cariaso? sana nga and we can only hope that other players will be given the chance to shine.

alam ko OT pero congrats na din sa air 21 ang bagong never-say-die team ng pba. for a first time semi-finalist, i liked how coach franz's players battled the more experienced coffee mixers. buti pa ang air 21 may franz pumaren. let's see how cariaso will transform ginebra.

I think kung mag fit ang sistema ni the jet sa ginkings ayos na... the thing is the attitude problem are in the brgy players especially japeth...now i wonder why coach chot reyes benched him for a long time during his TnT days. for greg buti na lang at di na sya naisama sa pool ng gilas pilipinas, may pagka bano pala ang loko in terms of defense, boxing out and moves towards the shaded lane... mas mahusay si june mar due to lakay's lesson 101 on him..magagaling lang sila sa umpisa later on na check ng mga kalaban yung weakness nila and for the veterans mc47 & mr. fast i think it's time to retire their jerseys to give way to younger players like forrester, ellis etc.