Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Freeman should be able to compliment yun twin towers....kung pagsabayin sila....tamang tama sa 3 ilagay si freeman.... Tapos pf si japhet and greg...that would also address yun rebounding problems ng ginebra.....malakas magrebound si gabe...then sabay fastbreak sina japhet....problem lang mababawasan ang playing time ni ellis naman...

Medyo wala pa sa kondisyon si freeman...nabibtin pa ang mga drive nya...pero tingin ko....either Ginebra wins one or both at tanggal ang TnT...:)

Hopefully the kings would win their next 2 games :)

As for the coaching staff, they should be able to adjust to TNT's play.... I think lamang sa front court ang gins but i think this is the first time na dehado sila sa 1 at 2....

Norman is a veteran, champion and grandslam-winning PBA coach.... The gins should remember that and not rely heavily on plays and coaching style na successful sa UAAP.... Btw Norman is also a 5-time UAAP champion coach so i think kung UAAP style lang ang dadalhin ng Gins, they should prepare na lang para sa next conference....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

baka nalilimutan nila kung bakit small ball ang primary offense ng gins dati.... just my 2 cents...

Jaworkski Era- very limited ang bigman ng ginebra...ampalayo, chito, and later on cuenco.... small nila gonzalgo, joey, distrito, jawo, isaac, - free willing offense ito achored on the smalls while there are a couple of set plays for dondon and later on cuenco... first options palagi ang mga 1,2 and 3s..... defense was anchor ke chito...

yung time naman nina marlou at noli, smalls pa rin ang nagdadala although me mas marami ng play ke marlou at noli.... again, free-flowing offense pa rin ito..

Nung time nina Uichico at Siot- menk/adducul/seigle/limpot would come from the top of the key galing ang bola either ke helterbrand or mc 47.... and from there on gagalaw ang plays.... i noted na 3 guards and kasama either ng C at PF.... although llamado ang gins kahit mas malaki ang 3 ng kalaban because of the obvious talent ni mark at jayjay tapos with either santos or tubid sa 3 spot...offense starts with either the 2 or 1....

this time the gins already have 4 potent big man similar to the time ni siot at jong but the difference, di na gaanong kabilis si mark at jayjay.... but greg and japeth have advantage sa shaded lane.. throw in either ellis, #45 or ababou, you will have a very potent scoring team... but pag masyado ang combination ng 2 maliit (LA and josh or la and helterbrand or helterbrand and josh) na nenegate ang advantage ng 4 at 5 ng gins.... this was very evident nung smc vs gins last all fil cup...

combining 2 point guards will not work most of the time especially other teams can match up well to this style (smc has its coffee prince and melton, TNT has its alapag and castro etc)... josh and la cobine will not work as both are more of offensive players

just to sum up, dati ginebra has a supeior talent sa back court kaya small ball sila.. pero ngayon, wala na sa peak yung f & f nila (they are still potent though), dapat i maximize nila yung twin towers nila...

hindi ko gets. undersized na nga import nila bakot nde pa nila gamitin biggest (tallest) advantage nila?

pinagsasabay pa nila urbiztondo at tenorio!

small ball talaga dati kasi nga wala silang choice. pero bakit ayaw nila gamitin advantage nila?

baka nalilimutan nila kung bakit small ball ang primary offense ng gins dati.... just my 2 cents...

Jaworkski Era- very limited ang bigman ng ginebra...ampalayo, chito, and later on cuenco.... small nila gonzalgo, joey, distrito, jawo, isaac, - free willing offense ito achored on the smalls while there are a couple of set plays for dondon and later on cuenco... first options palagi ang mga 1,2 and 3s..... defense was anchor ke chito...

yung time naman nina marlou at noli, smalls pa rin ang nagdadala although me mas marami ng play ke marlou at noli.... again, free-flowing offense pa rin ito..

Nung time nina Uichico at Siot- menk/adducul/seigle/limpot would come from the top of the key galing ang bola either ke helterbrand or mc 47.... and from there on gagalaw ang plays.... i noted na 3 guards and kasama either ng C at PF.... although llamado ang gins kahit mas malaki ang 3 ng kalaban because of the obvious talent ni mark at jayjay tapos with either santos or tubid sa 3 spot...offense starts with either the 2 or 1....

this time the gins already have 4 potent big man similar to the time ni siot at jong but the difference, di na gaanong kabilis si mark at jayjay.... but greg and japeth have advantage sa shaded lane.. throw in either ellis, #45 or ababou, you will have a very potent scoring team... but pag masyado ang combination ng 2 maliit (LA and josh or la and helterbrand or helterbrand and josh) na nenegate ang advantage ng 4 at 5 ng gins.... this was very evident nung smc vs gins last all fil cup...

combining 2 point guards will not work most of the time especially other teams can match up well to this style (smc has its coffee prince and melton, TNT has its alapag and castro etc)... josh and la cobine will not work as both are more of offensive players

just to sum up, dati ginebra has a supeior talent sa back court kaya small ball sila.. pero ngayon, wala na sa peak yung f & f nila (they are still potent though), dapat i maximize nila yung twin towers nila...

iisa lang naman ang sagot sa mga katanungan natin kung bakit di ma-maximize yung strength ng ginebra (twin towers). incompetent coaches...from the head coach to the assistant coaches. sad to say, unless and until ginebra overhauls its coaching staff, we can only hope and pray for the best.

Walang sense yun small ball nila....nde mo din masabi dati na yun ang ginagamit dahil bago na coaching staff eh...kaya nga nde ko maintindihan pilit parin binibgyan ng bigger playing time sina urbiztondo and jayjay instead na ibigay yun mga minutes nila kina abbabou, forrester ellis and monfort eh...

Freeman came very late na talaga....slaughter was a no factor and japhet gigil na gigil maglaro...japhet even tries to block every shop nun second quarter....

Small comfort para satin....SMB loses to air21... Anong similarity? Coaches again...both gin and SMB bulok ang coaching staff... I wont be surprised kung matanggal din ang SMB...

One caught my attention yung commentaries sa TV............"too much dribbling then STOP"............tama sila, maraming dribble, no plays whatsoever, ang bagal ng mga passing. then STOP na ang offence. Unlike ginawa ng TNT sa kanila, ikot mabilis ang bola until they can find an open man outside or inside. Also, I think its time for JayJay to hang up his uniform and exit gracefully. AND...................overhaul the WHOLE coaching staff. Pati yung team manager nakiki coach. And the overhaul should include ROBERT NON. Freeman came in tooooooo late. Why? Sa sobrang tagal mag decide ni Robert Non to find replacement.

Ginebra is 'best team in PBA on paper' but yet to put act together, says Gabe Freeman

http://contents.spin.ph/image/gabefreemanginebraloss.jpg
Gabe Freeman went 2-for-17 from the floor to round out a short stint with Ginebra. Jerome Ascano

THOUGH Barangay Ginebra bowed meekly after a 97-84 loss to top seed Talk ‘N Text in the quarterfinals, import Gabe Freeman is convinced the Gin Kings are the “best team” in the pro league today.

But when asked why the Gin Kings struggled all throughout the PBA Commissioner’s Cup, Freeman offered one simple answer - lack of cohesiveness.

“Let me tell you something, this (Ginebra) is the best team in the PBA by far, but they just got to put it together. That’s it,” Freeman told mediamen shortly after the humiliating loss to the Texters on Tuesday night.

The former PBA Best Import likened the talented Ginebra squad to a jigsaw puzzle.

“Sometimes, you might have all the pieces to the puzzle and don’t know the instructions to the puzzle. We just got to put it on the court,” stressed the 28-year-old Ginebra import.

“On paper, this is the best team.”

Freeman, Ginebra’s third import after Leon Rodgers and Josh Powell, finished his brief two-game conference stint with just 15 points on 2-of-17 shooting from the field.

The Gin Kings closed in at 34-42 by halftime, but the Tropang Texters just tore the game apart in pivotal third quarter run as they erected leads of as much as 86-57 from there.

“We fell apart, that’s just the lack of us not playing each other. We only had two games and my job was just to bring in energy, try to get these guys on the right foot,” said Freeman.

Freeman said he intends to stay in Manila for a while, hopeful that he could qualify in the Governors Cup’s height limit of 6-5 for imports.

However, the former Costa Mesa Junior College standout was officially measured a shade above the height limit at 6-5 and 3/16 last week.

Ginebra fans vent frustration online as crowd favorites bow out with nary a fight

• http://contents.spin.ph/image/ginebracoachingstaff.jpg

Ginebra's coaching staff is a picture of disappointment as the final seconds ticked away in a terrible beating the Gin Kings received at the hands of Talk 'N Text. Jerome Ascano

SO much for 'never-say-die.'

That was one of the rants of disappointed Barangay Ginebra fans after the PBA's most popular ballclub bowed out of the Commissioner's Cup after an embarrassing stand against top seed Talk 'N Text on Tuesday night.

Just moments after the 97-84 thrashing Ginebra received at the hands of the unbeaten Texters, rants from fans started showing up on social networking sites Facebook and Twitter.

Hands down one of the tallest and most talented laden teams in the league, Ginebra finished with a 3-7 (win-loss) record overall and, worse, didn't even come close to worrying the Texters in the second half.

One Twitter user said Ginebra played like an 'inter-barangay team' against Talk 'N Text:

http://contents.spin.ph/image/Gin-Kings-Rant-2.jpg

Another Facebook user, Charlemagne Esquivel, urged the team to be "disbanded."

Most of the blame was put on the 'chaotic' coaching situation of the team, which had Ato Agustin as head coach but had assistant coach Juno Sauler drawing up the plays during timeouts.

Twitter user Jojo_1104 said he felt only Mark Caguioa, Josh Urbiztondo, Japeth Aguilar and Dylan Ababou showed any effort in the game, which was pretty much decided by the third quarter.

Fans of rival teams were also quick to join the ruckus:

http://contents.spin.ph/image/Gin-Kings-Rant-4.jpg

Even before the crucial game, Jeffry Bautista, a self-proclaimed lifelong fan of the Gin Kings, said he would prefer to see his team eliminated from the Commissioners' Cup - just so management will be forced to take a long, hard look at the team and make the necessary changes.

Here was his message to Spin.ph:

http://contents.spin.ph/image/Gin-Kings-Rant-1.jpg

Edited by photographer

Of course parang interbarangay ang laro nila compared sa TnT...tama ka sir photographer...walang ka play play eh...unlike TnT talagang hasang hasa ang play...paulit ulit...as mentioned before...LA urbiztondo and jayjay...isa lang play ng ginebra...dribble dribble ...itry yun pick and roll...pagnde magmaterialize dridribble then pasa...ayun kung san last napunta yun bola ititira na....may isang play na napakamot nlang ako nagdrive si LA...tapos wala ...labas ulit ...pasa pasa..pero imbes na papasok sa loob...anak ng ??? sa labas biglang tinira ni jayjay ayun sablay!!!...

Hayyy wala talaga ...its not the never say attitude ang problema....its the walang alam and paki attitude ng coaching staff and management....from the monster team with twice to beat advantage nun all filipino ..nde nakapsok sa championship...hanggang ngayon na pinilit si rodgers matagal bago pinalitan...nde na naman nakapsok...mas alam pa ng mga fans ang mga problema eh...INUTIL na coaching staff and management!!!!!

hindi nga nagising ang Ginebra....

wla na yung Six Man ng Barangay... tahimik bkit kamo kc wla man lng nagpapakita ng ganang maglaro.. tsk tsk...

Urbiztondo shooting a three while 2 against 1 hanef! Stephen Curry ata ginagaya nito!

bkit hindi pinalitan si Mamaril ni JR Reyes?

madaming tanong na Bkit? bkit? bakit?

kung may hiya nman kyo magresign na kayo agad hindi yung aantayin nyo pa pagtanggal sa inyo!

bka pwede si Toroman na lng gawing Coach ng BGK next season...

1398215959[/url]' post='9233418']

bgk remains very unique, it is the only underdog team in the current conference that failed to snatch a win among the 4 quarterfinal match-ups. the first games in all 3 pairings were won by the underdog teams: alaska, meralco and air 21.

Because theyre the only team with stupid coaching styles....look at those so called underdog teams...they have one common denominator...good coach and plays...oh yeah check air21.... They won over a team with a mediocre coach too.... SMB!

Hindi na ito ang nasa mata ng management kaya kinuha si Gabe Freeman. Ang mata nila nasa susunod na conference na.

The management's decision turned out to be BAD:

1. Gabe Freeman has been measured a shade above 6'5" (the height limit for the next conference)

2. In crucial game/s, a strong import (Howell et. al.) can impose his might and strength with a local match-up

3. Freeman is talented and has the right attitude alright, but the team's cohesiveness was compromised

Yung endless rants natin as fans di naman pinapakinggan ng buong Ginebra.. Sorry guys but I just lost respect and interest with Ginebra. It's been years since i supported this team. Players, coaching staff and management do not care about the fans anymore. I just hope Caguioa gets traded or any of the 3 expansion teams avail the services of Jaworski. Wherever they go, i'll go.