Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

sana kung magsmall ball sila, dapat tumatakbo... kaso hindi eh...

tenorio has never been known as a fastbreak type of player...

kung maghalfcourt set dapat kahit papaano may post up threat kaso wala...

trade tenorio/jensen/maliksi

bale tree way trade

ginebra gives tenorio/jensen/maliksi

pier

mandani/manuel/vergara

barako

alvarez/ballesteros/anthony

ginebra - alvarez, manuel, ballesteros

barako - mandani, maliksi,tenorio

pier - vergara, anthony, jensen

watchathink??? pwede ba?

1351597170[/url]' post='8403136']

sana kung magsmall ball sila, dapat tumatakbo... kaso hindi eh...

tenorio has never been known as a fastbreak type of player...

kung maghalfcourt set dapat kahit papaano may post up threat kaso wala...

trade tenorio/jensen/maliksi

bale tree way trade

ginebra gives tenorio/jensen/maliksi

pier

mandani/manuel/vergara

barako

alvarez/ballesteros/anthony

ginebra - alvarez, manuel, ballesteros

barako - mandani, maliksi,tenorio

pier - vergara, anthony, jensen

watchathink??? pwede ba?

Masyado atang dehado ang GSM sa trade na ito.

Tenorio can play fastball. And I don't think pg ang problema. Management had been wanting to get LA. Dati ang. Nababalita si Casio sana. Hindi na sana masama considering we may not have parted with Enrico and possibly the draft pick.

brod, by getting manuel and ballesteros hindi lugi ang gsm, cortez and caguioa can start at point and having any of those two big guys can assure them of a presence inside. Now when alvarez comes in and also have manuel inside then it's run and gun again.

see this possible rotation.

ballesteros

maierhofer

ellis

ababou

cortez

sub

ballesteros - raymundo

maierhofer - hatfield

ellis - manuel

sub

hatfield - ellis

cortez - caguioa

ababou - maierhofer

sub

ellis - wilson

or ellis - alvarez

raymundo - mamaril

Edited by dfgvan

you are essentially trading tenorio for lester alvarez ... advantage LA Tenorio

Maliksi for Manuel ... both are former D-League MVP but we need Maliksi who plays the 2 guard rather than manuel who plays the 3 or 4. Maliksi for me is the main back-up of MC47. We are loaded there @ the 3 spot with Ababou, Ellis as well as Jensen and the likes of Rico, Rudy and Wilson playing the 4 spot

Jensen for Ballesteros ...this is a toss-up but for me jensen has the advantage talent-wise. The only thing going for Jason is he has the height that our team sorely miss.

If the need is for a Center, we can probably start by unloading our PG...to me it is really hard to find enough playing time for 3 star PG specially when Tenorio is expected to play 30 min a game. We can trade either JJ or Cortez and maybe put in espiritu.

Actually, the team can opt to bring back Menk in lieu of Espiritu who I believe has really no chance of playing given the line-up they have now. Espiritu is last on the depth chart either in the SF or PF position. As such, bringing in Menk as the 3rd center behind Mama and Kerby makes more sense as a stop gap solution. The need for a big man can be filled in by the import in the coming conferences.

Yes maybe we are a big man away to win a title but at this point the team is under performing and it is not because of the missing piece. We can compete with this line-up. its just that somehow they can't find their acts together. Is it a case of roles not clearly defined? Or could it be the coach simply couldn't desgn the right plays.

Edited by fatchubs

the trade i was suggesting basically is that gsm would get manuel and ballesteros

tenorio would be the trade bait for that, this is not a position per position trade

so you don't have to analyze it as a man for man trade...

ababou can play the 2 position as what he did for ust

let us see what the lineup would be:

Pos.....Name

C.......Mamaril, Billy

PG......Alvarez, Lester

F.......Maierhofer, Rico

G.......Cortez, Mike

G.......Helterbrand, Jayjay ©

F/C.....Manuel, Vic ®

F/C.....Raymundo, Kerby

F.......Espiritu, Elmer

F.......Wilson, Willy

C.......Ballesteros, Jensen

G/F.....Ababou, Dylan

F.......Ellis, Chris ®

SG......Caguioa, Mark

PF......Hatfield, Rudy

pg - cortez, jj, alvarez, maybe caguioa

sg - cortez, caguioa, ababou, jj

sf - ababou, ellis, wilson, manuel, espiritu, maierhofer

pf - manuel(small ball), raymundo, wilson, maierhofer, ellis(small ball), hatfield, espiritu

c - ballesteros, mamaril, maierhofer(small ball), raymundo, hatfield

running game:

maierhofer, manuel, ellis, ababou, caguioa, alvarez, cortez

or have mamaril or ballesteros in for maierhofer, manuel or ellis

Edited by dfgvan

you are essentially trading tenorio for lester alvarez ... advantage LA Tenorio

Maliksi for Manuel ... both are former D-League MVP but we need Maliksi who plays the 2 guard rather than manuel who plays the 3 or 4. Maliksi for me is the main back-up of MC47. We are loaded there @ the 3 spot with Ababou, Ellis as well as Jensen and the likes of Rico, Rudy and Wilson playing the 4 spot

Jensen for Ballesteros ...this is a toss-up but for me jensen has the advantage talent-wise. The only thing going for Jason is he has the height that our team sorely miss.

If the need is for a Center, we can probably start by unloading our PG...to me it is really hard to find enough playing time for 3 star PG specially when Tenorio is expected to play 30 min a game. We can trade either JJ or Cortez and maybe put in espiritu.

Actually, the team can opt to bring back Menk in lieu of Espiritu who I believe has really no chance of playing given the line-up they have now. Espiritu is last on the depth chart either in the SF or PF position. As such, bringing in Menk as the 3rd center behind Mama and Kerby makes more sense as a stop gap solution. The need for a big man can be filled in by the import in the coming conferences.

Yes maybe we are a big man away to win a title but at this point the team is under performing and it is not because of the missing piece. We can compete with this line-up. its just that somehow they can't find their acts together. Is it a case of roles not clearly defined? Or could it be the coach simply couldn't desgn the right plays.

This actually I'm thinking all along that the management should consider. They should activate Menk in lieu of Espiritu. BGK don't need Espiritu, he has no more place in the team's forward rotation.Whiel Menk can still be of big help. I hope the management will consider this...

Edited by avi_sala

the trade i was suggesting basically is that gsm would get manuel and ballesteros

tenorio would be the trade bait for that, this is not a position per position trade

so you don't have to analyze it as a man for man trade...

ababou can play the 2 position as what he did for ust

let us see what the lineup would be:

Pos.....Name

C.......Mamaril, Billy

PG......Alvarez, Lester

F.......Maierhofer, Rico

G.......Cortez, Mike

G.......Helterbrand, Jayjay ©

F/C.....Manuel, Vic ®

F/C.....Raymundo, Kerby

F.......Espiritu, Elmer

F.......Wilson, Willy

C.......Ballesteros, Jensen

G/F.....Ababou, Dylan

F.......Ellis, Chris ®

SG......Caguioa, Mark

PF......Hatfield, Rudy

pg - cortez, jj, alvarez, maybe caguioa

sg - cortez, caguioa, ababou, jj

sf - ababou, ellis, wilson, manuel, espiritu, maierhofer

pf - manuel(small ball), raymundo, wilson, maierhofer, ellis(small ball), hatfield, espiritu

c - ballesteros, mamaril, maierhofer(small ball), raymundo, hatfield

running game:

maierhofer, manuel, ellis, ababou, caguioa, alvarez, cortez

or have mamaril or ballesteros in for maierhofer, manuel or ellis

The only reason I analyzed it man for man is to show that collectively, the Kings are not in a better position doing this trade talent-wise. (the talent they are letting go vs what they are getting in return).

We don't need Manuel given the players we have now and we're better off with LA at the point (than Lester). In short, at most it is only Ballesteros that we cherish because our need for a legitimate center. As such, why not just see what it will really take to get him? But is is worth giving up LA as a "bait" to get this done? Is he the player that can turn the tide for this team?

Remember, GSM moved heaven and earth to acquire Tenorio ... do you honestly think they will give him away? As far as Manuel is concerned, they drafted Jensen ahead of him. They could have instead get Manuel had they really wanted him in the first place.

Also, Tenorio I believe was acquired because JJ and Mike are both adding up in age. They need to get younger at the PG. Giving away LA gives them the same problem they have moving forward.

fatchubs, that's the problem i had with the trade? why jensen and not manuel? because of maliksi? manuel can play the 4 position...

as for the trade tenorio, maliksi, jensen = alvarez, ballesteros, manuel... it ain't about the talent it's what the team needs...

give two years, alvarez will be one of the better pgs in the pba...

as for manuel, he shows the potential and the never say die spirit which jensen and ellis doesn't show, maybe because they grew up elsewhere and never witnessed the never say die ginebra attitude...

ballesteros... hmmmmm... he's not just big and he is no sam eman or magi sison either...

put it this way if ballesteros were in tnt or ros that'd be scary

again... let's unload the pgs... and start with siot... hehehee

sir kyoji, walang team na papayag kung si cortez ang isasama (well siguro kung air21 or global port hehehe)

tenorio will be the trade bait here...

dun sa suggestion ko na trade mababalance ng ginebra ang talent nila with the addition of two big guys, one of which can play multiple positions) and a steady point guard with international experience...

hindi na sila heavy sa sf at guards... balanse na ang team

pwede siguro trade nila si cortez sa air21 or global port for a future draft pick (greg slaughter)

Edited by dfgvan

Pumaren is in need of a PG. Cortez would probably be to his liking. Now its a matter of determining who among the big men they have is acceptable to us and they are willing to part with.  Rob Reyes, Taha, Sena and Baclao are some names .

Personally a straight up one on one trade involving Cortez and either of Reyes, Sena or Taha can be done.  If its Baclao, I doubt if pakakawalan yan ng Air21 kung si Cortez lang ang kapalit.

BTW, Ginebra already owns the draft pick of air21 for next year. Therefore most likely it will end up as either a number 1 or 2 pick. If not Greg then probably another Filam big.