Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

this is totally alarming...you don't usually hear "boooos" from a pro ginebra crowd. chief, wala ka bang narinig na "palitan si siot".?

Wala akong narinig tungkol kay Siot pero yung BOOOO, hindi yung parang sa boxing na kapag pangit ang laban. Its like yung umuugong na BOOOOOO habang palabas yung Barangay team sa playing court. Yes, its alarming. First time I heard the BBOOOOOO sa aking matagal na panonood live. Napatigil nga ako paalis medyo parang nagulat ako. Assessment: I think the fans were just disappointed sa nilaro ng Ginebra. Nawala ang enthusiasm nuong first game nila. Stagnant ang plays. Parang feeling ko may nangyayari hindi maganda inside the team itself.

Wala akong narinig tungkol kay Siot pero yung BOOOO, hindi yung parang sa boxing na kapag pangit ang laban. Its like yung umuugong na BOOOOOO habang palabas yung Barangay team sa playing court. Yes, its alarming. First time I heard the BBOOOOOO sa aking matagal na panonood live. Napatigil nga ako paalis medyo parang nagulat ako. Assessment: I think the fans were just disappointed sa nilaro ng Ginebra. Nawala ang enthusiasm nuong first game nila. Stagnant ang plays. Parang feeling ko may nangyayari hindi maganda inside the team itself.

well with the way they've been playing the last 2 games there must be something wrong. yes, enthusiasm is just not there and you can see it's a different ginebra team. nakakadismaya lang talaga.

another sorry loss. really disappointing...nakakadismaya. ang sama ng laro...malakas naman ang lineup. if this is the kind of game ginebra will be showing its fans, then i'll not be surprised if it places at the bottom half of the standings after the elims. haaaay naku...this losing streak must have to end soon. mukhang may problema ang gin kings. mas maganda pa yatang manood ng laro ng barako bull.

Actually, Petron looked like in a panic mode in the dying minutes. Read: they're anticipating another loss with their consistency and intensity, in question. Nangungunsume na nga si Olsen, and many times coach Rajko called the shots on offensive plays (pinakialaman na); the Kings looked like they're in control.

But lo and behold, natalo pa. Parang walang system si Siot (only the great Coach Baby Dalupan can get away with it). The talent is obviously there, but there should at least be an offensive pattern or philosophy that the team is depending upon.

You could just reflect the sigh of relief in Coach Olsen's face...yung kunsume nalipat kay Coach Siot...

Actually, Petron looked like in a panic mode in the dying minutes. Read: they're anticipating another loss with their consistency and intensity, in question. Nangungunsume na nga si Olsen, and many times coach Rajko called the shots on offensive plays (pinakialaman na); the Kings looked like they're in control.

But lo and behold, natalo pa. Parang walang system si Siot (only the great Coach Baby Dalupan can get away with it). The talent is obviously there, but there should at least be an offensive pattern or philosophy that the team is depending upon.

You could just reflect the sigh of relief in Coach Olsen's face...yung kunsume nalipat kay Coach Siot...

Tama ka, bro. Aside from the great Baby Dalupan, naalala ko pa rin si Tommy Manotoc as those coaches that always have control of every situations. Tama ka rin, with the great talent within the playing crew of Barangay, maiisip mo, what's going on?

Now I can see why Olsen missed those two free throws nuong kalaban natin China :rolleyes: panic time

Kilala n'yo naman ako na true blue Ginebra fan pero ang na-obserbahan ko lang in all their games masyadong buwaya sina MC47, Maliksi at Helterbrand,ang daming instances na pwede namang ipasa kaso pag nakahawak na ng bola parang kabayo sa kalesa and/or sa karena na me takip ang mata at ititira na agad, hirap kasi gusto laging sila ang bida eh. While I hate purefood/bmeg and now known as san mig coffee, I can't help but admire their equal opportunity in scoring, dahil 'di lang si yap ang umiiskor kundi pati sila pj simon, de ocampo, devance, etc. whereas sa Ginebra gusto lagi nila MC47, Maliksi at Helterbrand, me instances din na sina MC47 at Helterbrand lang ang nagpapasahan, come on 'di lang naman ang pagkakaibigan n'yo ang nakataya d'yan kundi ang chances ng Ginebra!!

Tama ka, bro. Aside from the great Baby Dalupan, naalala ko pa rin si Tommy Manotoc as those coaches that always have control of every situations. Tama ka rin, with the great talent within the playing crew of Barangay, maiisip mo, what's going on?

Now I can see why Olsen missed those two free throws nuong kalaban natin China :rolleyes: panic time

so i believe we are one in saying that the problem bgk has right now is actually siot...a lineup that is strong on paper but just could not be maximized by its coach. i bet the big j, given the opportunity, would love to coach this team.

Kilala n'yo naman ako na true blue Ginebra fan pero ang na-obserbahan ko lang in all their games masyadong buwaya sina MC47, Maliksi at Helterbrand,ang daming instances na pwede namang ipasa kaso pag nakahawak na ng bola parang kabayo sa kalesa and/or sa karena na me takip ang mata at ititira na agad, hirap kasi gusto laging sila ang bida eh. While I hate purefood/bmeg and now known as san mig coffee, I can't help but admire their equal opportunity in scoring, dahil 'di lang si yap ang umiiskor kundi pati sila pj simon, de ocampo, devance, etc. whereas sa Ginebra gusto lagi nila MC47, Maliksi at Helterbrand, me instances din na sina MC47 at Helterbrand lang ang nagpapasahan, come on 'di lang naman ang pagkakaibigan n'yo ang nakataya d'yan kundi ang chances ng Ginebra!!

Napansin mo rin ah! :rolleyes: Yes, too many opportunities like Rico M., H-Bomb, Wilson under the goal, pinipilit pa rin ni MC47 na umikot sa kanilang bantay. I hate Yeng Guiao, pero the way he handles Rain or Shine, ang ganda ng teamwork. Rain or Shine wala sa katiting sa stars ng Barangay pero look at the standings right now. Basketball is a team game, hindi ng isa, nang dalawa lang.

Edited by photographer

Reason for Ginebra’s losing streak? Weak third quarter starts, says LA Tenorio

Rey Joble, InterAKTV · Monday, October 22, 2012 · 6:11 pm

LA Tenorio is the newest member of Barangay Ginebra San Miguel, but he isn’t afraid to point out problems with the team this early in his tenure.

The spitfire guard, acquired in the offseason in a five-team blockbuster trade, said the team’s sluggish performances after the halftime break is the reason behind the Gin Kings’ three-game slide.

“Problema namin yung third quarter. Doon kami nagiging matamlay. Doon kami napag-iiwanan. Kailangan maglaro kami ng strong third quarter para hindi kami laging naghahabol,” said Tenorio.

Ginebra was outscored by Petron, 26-19, in the third period of the Gin Kings loss last Sunday. In its first defeat at the hands of Meralco, the Bolts outscored Ginebra, 32-21, in the third period.

Curiously, Ginebra edged Barako Bull, 25-20, in the third quarter of their game, although the Energy Colas won the fourth quarter of that game, 24-13, to notch the victory.

But veteran guard Jayjay Helterbrand is not yet ready to push the panic button.

“It’s not about whether there’s something wrong with the team. It’s about the adjustment period. This team is an entirely different team from the previous ones that we have,” Helterbrand told InterAKTV.

“There were a lot of new players, a lot of key additions. We’re all adjusting to one another. We’re still learning one another. But we take this setbacks as valuable lessons and move forward.”

Helterbrand thinks the team hasn’t peaked yet, and he feels comfortable with the present setup of the team despite the consecutive losses.

“I would prefer losing games this early rather than losing games in the latter stretch of the tournament,” said Helterbrand. “Last season, we were winning games in the early stage, but we fell short and failed to make it to the finals of all three conferences.”

Napansin mo rin ah! :rolleyes: Yes, too many opportunities like Rico M., H-Bomb, Wilson under the goal, pinipilit pa rin ni MC47 na umikot sa kanilang bantay. I hate Yeng Guiao, pero the way he handles Rain or Shine, ang ganda ng teamwork. Rain or Shine wala sa katiting sa stars ng Barangay pero look at the standings right now. Basketball is a team game, hindi ng isa, nang dalawa lang.

why is this so? the answer is obvious. mr. guiao knows how to handle his players in every game...more importantly in critical situations. like i've been saying before, it is the inability of siot to maximize the vast talent that ginebra has which is causing bgk's downfall. i don't know but imo perasol might do a better job.

suggestion: trade cortez for taha, air 21 needs a point guard, their coach wished for cortez and they have a lot of centers, isip, sena and the return of rob reyes makes them formidable at that spot, while we have a slew of guards we need a center that can rebound and can defend the paint. Taha's plays emboldens the spirit of a ginebra player, like I said this is merely a suggestion thanks

suggestion: trade cortez for taha, air 21 needs a point guard, their coach wished for cortez and they have a lot of centers, isip, sena and the return of rob reyes makes them formidable at that spot, while we have a slew of guards we need a center that can rebound and can defend the paint. Taha's plays emboldens the spirit of a ginebra player, like I said this is merely a suggestion thanks

You have a point there. Good observation ;)

Buwaya masyado eh, napuna mo din ba na 'yung mga rookies nila as talented as they are, are hardly getting the touches sa bola during their offense

Edited by Agent_mulder

Buwaya masyado eh, napuna mo din ba na 'yung mga rookies nila as talented as they are, are hardly getting the touches sa bola during their offense

yes...there were several plays i saw during their last game against petron na nagmamakaawa na si ellis kasi libreng-libre all the way to the basket. anong ginawa ni helterbrand?...pinasa kay kerby itinira sa labas. i think this is the lookout of the coach and his staff.

nice suggestion...besides, cortez has not been given some playing time lately. ang daming magagaling na di nabibigyan ng pagkakataon na maglaro. sayang!!! john wilson, because of the opportunity and trust given to him by pumaren, has shown his true potentials with air 21...to think, binabangko ni tangquincen ito. sinong susunod? ababou? cortez?

You can feel or, rather, hear it kapag hindi na nababanggit ang ibang teammates nila na nasa floor. Puro na lang isa/dalawang names ang madalas marinig. Observation ko lang na parang pinapanood na lang ng mga rookies kung paano mag dribble kapag nasa gipitan ang ilang superstars. Or......Or..........Or........baka na i insecure yung superstars sa bunch ng rookies (although they have good words for them kapag interview sa kanila) kaya minimal ang pasa para yung mga superstars ang mapansin parati.