Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Yung kay Ranidel, 2 pts lang.

Yung kay Alapag ang masakit.

Can they trade Miller in the off season??!?!?!

2 points nga lang ung kay ranidel, pero sakit pa rin nun e.. parang tumaas lalo confidence ng TNT after nun.. then ung 3 points ni alapag, double blackeye kasi natuluyan si brumfield e.. regarding miller being traded, ang tanong e, meron bang takers?

i'm just curious what will happen to ginebra's lineup soon. will an unhappy MC47 stays with the team? will willie miller be traded? will the coaching staff be reshuffled once again? what will happen to menk and hatfield? will helterbrand be activated?

i'm just curious what will happen to ginebra's lineup soon. will an unhappy MC47 stays with the team? will willie miller be traded? will the coaching staff be reshuffled once again? what will happen to menk and hatfield? will helterbrand be activated?

I would love to see Miller be traded and the team retaining MC47. Aquino and Wilson could be good back-up guards. Ofcourse nandiyan pa rin si Tubid who is a natural 2. The team needs to improve on the BIGS (forwards and center position).

Just this morning's commentary radio program of Anthony Taberna (he's a self-confessed Ginebra fanatics since the Jaworski era) at their early morning DZMM's Radyo Patrol slot, he openly nitpicked at Coach Jong's style, and jokingly exhorted Mr. Cojuangco what to do (in his usual naughty sense of humor)...

I thought wala ng reklamo kay Coach?

It came from Caguioa's mouth way back: he hardly sees himself wearing another team's uniform aside from BGK. If there's people to be removed from the team, it's Miller and Uichico!!!!

I would love to see Miller be traded and the team retaining MC47. Aquino and Wilson could be good back-up guards. Ofcourse nandiyan pa rin si Tubid who is a natural 2. The team needs to improve on the BIGS (forwards and center position).

Aquino's fate with BGK may be a bit jeopardized, what with Wilson and Labagala's performance in the playoffs...

The Gins need to shore up their frontline...they need at least 2 quality big men to spell the rotation of Menk and Billy. Yancy? pass...

Even Mac Andaya seems to be a better option that Miller at this time... Hehehe...

ano na ba nangyari sa miller-jr reyes trade talks?

maybe worth revisiting.

kaso nga lang, baka hindi pumayag si vice gov., parang hindi ata maganda ang pag-alis dati ni miller from red bull

Pwede naman eh... Isama mo na lang si Jimbo Aquino kay Miller para kay JR Reyes, di na masama yun.

Just this morning's commentary radio program of Anthony Taberna (he's a self-confessed Ginebra fanatics since the Jaworski era) at their early morning DZMM's Radyo Patrol slot, he openly nitpicked at Coach Jong's style, and jokingly exhorted Mr. Cojuangco what to do (in his usual naughty sense of humor)...

I thought wala ng reklamo kay Coach?

Anung wala? Temporary ceasefire lang dahil Finals at kahit paano naman kasi, gumanda yung rotation nya. Pero dahil tapos na, ibabalik na yung mga dating hinaing!

Hehehe... I still look forward to a Jaworski - Tangquincen tandem...

I hope they don't collapse... A very intense game so far... Nakakanerbiyos!!!!

Nangyari 'yung pinangangambahan mo or natin rather, alam naman natin na kilala ang Ginebra sa paglamang ng malaki then magko-collapse.

sayang, better luck next time ginebra. nice game kinapos lang talaga sa huli.

Ganda na sana ng laro, akala ko may game 7 na noong lamang sila 81-67 at just about ready na si chot reyes magsabi na "nadaya kami!" hehe. Nakaka bad trip ang laro ni Cortez, pinipilit naman kasi ni Jong gamitin 'di naman effective, akala ko din all-game long ang magiging brilliance ni Miller but he does it again, too much pressure I guess and to cap it all nagka-cramps pa ang import in the crucial stage of the game. Well, charged it to experience as they say, motto dapat nila para sa next conference "walang grand slam ang tnt", maaring nanalo ang tnt sa laban pero mas maganda pag napigilan ng Ginebra ang tnt sa grand slam attempt nila....

Edited by Agent_mulder

actually when i saw willie miller inside the court during the dying seconds of the game i thought i just sensed the set play they designed would not be completed. parang may pattern na kasi eh

Ako rin, nang makita ko na nasa loob pa si Miller sa dying minutes, sa isip ko, lintik talaga itong si Jong. Napansin ko at napansin din ng commentators na twice bumagal at naubos ang shot clock ng Ginebra dahil ang tagal tagal sa kamay ni Miller yung bola. Parang isolation play na hindi naman nangyayari. Parang parating last second shot! Ano ba naman yan, Jong! Pati si Menk, ang laki laki, puro hook shot ang ginagamit, eh, walang foul ang makukuha niya sa hook shots. Dapat pwersahan. Yes, I know, madaling sabihin, pero thats what on my mind lang naman.

With the current line-up of the BGK ang nakikitang kong pwedeng ma-trade na marketable pa ay sina Miller, Intal and probaby Aquino. If they wish to beef-up thier frontline they need to let go of these players. Intal is good but I think he is not suited for BGK, inconsistent sya. And with the resurgence of John Wilson and of course andyan pa na man si Tubid, they can really afford to let go of Intal. With Intal and Miller they can shop for a legitimate bigman probably, JR Reyes or Beau Belga or even Larry Rodriguez...

Edited by avi_sala

With the current line-up of the BGK ang nakikitang kong pwedeng ma-trade na marketable pa ay sina Miller, Intal and probaby Aquino. If they wish to beef-up thier frontline they need to let go of these players. Intal is good but I think he is not suited for BGK, inconsistent sya. And with the resurgence of John Wilson and of course andyan pa na man si Tubid, they can really afford to let go of Intal. With Intal and Miller they can shop for a legitimate bigman probably, JR Reyes or Beau Belga or even Larry Rodriguez...

I disagree with letting go of Intal. Intal is one of their big men, so to say. So what they can afford to let go right now, would be their over populated collection of guards. I still say Aquino and Miller need to go, or even Cortez if needs be.

disappointing yung OT...why...andun si miller...sorry to all miller fans pero...mali tlaga eh...mali tlaga ilagay si miller sa ginebra since itrade sia kay c.baguio before....kaya laki tuwa narin ng alaska nung nawala si miller....for me ..since the first place ...tangalin na si jong.....nung last play nila bago mag overtime ata...ang naririnig ko lang sa instruction nia eh..."menk...there...ok...guys...menk there ok...we have 19 secs left ok...so menk there...ok..guys...there ok...".ibang coach naman..it will be a dream ginebra na makita si sir jawo magcoach ...alisin lahat nung mga bench coaching lineup....bago stuff naman...for player...remove willie...lahat ng may injurie...paggalingin na as much as possible....ung import nila si Bromfield...for me suited tlaga sia for best import for ginebra...sayang pinulikat ata...but with all his plays..tama lang sa laro ng ginebra...saka ung 2 rookies nila...di ko feel..for me lucky lang na nagevolve sila sa championship stage....pero hopefully maging consistent sila sa next conference...but ill still go with mac and heltherbrand..... hays bawi nlang next conference...iba na sana coaching stuff and the coach itself...at ala na sana si miller.... jejejjeje

sayang...but it was a nice series. maybe we can have another shot with another good import next conference.

the problem that i see with the "miller trade-bait" is that who would want miller in their line-up?...after a very disappointing finals series, other teams would be having second thoughts getting miller imo.

just an observation, too...where were the "kids on the block" (labagala and j. wilson) when TnT were making a run at the big ginebra lead. if my memory serves me right, labagala and j. wilson were responsible in orchestrating that 15 point 3rd quarter (?) lead. nakalimutan na naman ba ni jong yung mga bata niya? tsk tsk tsk

yup.. goodbye hatfield.. nabawasan pa ng isang malaki at masipag na player.. d league mvp daw ung nakuhang import ng BGK ngayon ah..

with hatfield's departure, i think ginebra's priority should be a quality big man. a d league mvp import is just a bonus IMO.

BGK needs to go big this time. Hatfield will be going back to the US and might not come back anymore. Rico is still injured. Eric is already on the downhill of his career. Yancy needs some consistency. Willy Wilson is too small to play 4 or 5.

Wilson can do 4. he can't do 5. Intal can do 4, but he's better at 3. Rico will be back either next conference, or next season. His injury isn't that easy to heal...

yup.. goodbye hatfield.. nabawasan pa ng isang malaki at masipag na player.. d league mvp daw ung nakuhang import ng BGK ngayon ah..

sayang...but it was a nice series. maybe we can have another shot with another good import next conference.

the problem that i see with the "miller trade-bait" is that who would want miller in their line-up?...after a very disappointing finals series, other teams would be having second thoughts getting miller imo.

just an observation, too...where were the "kids on the block" (labagala and j. wilson) when TnT were making a run at the big ginebra lead. if my memory serves me right, labagala and j. wilson were responsible in orchestrating that 15 point 3rd quarter (?) lead. nakalimutan na naman ba ni jong yung mga bata niya? tsk tsk tsk

No surprises there. Akala siguro ni Jong, mahahawa sa swerte yung mga vets.

with hatfield's departure, i think ginebra's priority should be a quality big man. a d league mvp import is just a bonus IMO.

Tama.

Si Siot nman ang magCoach next conference palit sila ni Jong para maiba nman!

A D-League MVP import has its perks pero kailangan din ang tulong from the locals....

hope makabalik na ulit yung Trio ni JJ/MC/Tubid at 2-3 defensive bigman para sa rotation... sleep.gif

Hmmm... wrong combination ata ito... Kung scorer si import, di kaya magkasapawan with MC47??

What we need is a Brumfield-like presence who can collect at least 20pts / 20 rebounds per game. That's a sure way to make BGK a champ.

Hmmm... wrong combination ata ito... Kung scorer si import, di kaya magkasapawan with MC47??

What we need is a Brumfield-like presence who can collect at least 20pts / 20 rebounds per game. That's a sure way to make BGK a champ.

d nman cguro... gus2 ko lng yung combi nila ng the fast / the furious / the fearless sna maibalik next conference.

Because of the handicap system, the Gin Kings are allowed only an import with a max height of 6'2". Looking at the game of NATE and how he help the cause of the gin kings the ideal type of an import for the coming conference would be a Sean Chambers-like of an import.

But a SCORING PG could also help I think ... Stinson is more of a slasher than a shooter I believe so his ability to create and draw the defense to him inside the paint should allow the shooters open looks.

Edited by Megaeltati
  • Like (+1) 1