Job - Salary, Bonuses, & Perks

Company: Secret (OIL COMPANY)

Salary: P 150,000.00 per month

Position: Telecommunications Engineer

Pros:

One week work and One week off

2 months bonus per year

Family status (schooling,medical,air fare and housing)

Ramadan Bonus every year

Yearly vacation

etc.

Cons:

I got to work for only 4 months every year.

Company: Secret (OIL COMPANY)

Salary: P 150,000.00 per month

Position: Telecommunications Engineer

Pros:

One week work and One week off

2 months bonus per year

Family status (schooling,medical,air fare and housing)

Ramadan Bonus every year

Yearly vacation

etc.

Cons:

I got to work for only 4 months every year.

parang alam ko ung "secret (Oil Company)"

Company : Outside the country (disyerto)

Salary : Basic + Housing (4K++ SAR)

Position : Sales Support Engineer

Pros : Open OT

Yearly vacation+airfare roundtrip

Cons: Kapikon ung officemate mo lalo na manager

Homesick sa pamilya

Company: ***

Position: SA / Prog

Salary: My net per pay day is about 14k.

Perks : Mid-month, 13th month, Transpo Allow, Meal Allow, Rice Subsidy, Medicine Allow, etc. etc. (hindi ko memorize lahat)

Pros : Above the average benefits compared to other companies in the same industry.

Cons : Average salary, negligible separation benefits.

• 1 month later...

Job : IT Division Manager

Employer : US based BPO

Salary : USD$46K/Annum - more or less Php2.3M/Annum (gross) montly allowance USD 500

Bonus : Depende sa 'trip' ng Big Boss

Perks : USD income on Philippine soil. hehehe. Usually benefits of a Sr. Manager ng Top BPO companies, dami to enumerate.

Nice office in hi rise bldg with good view. Pasyal sa 'branches' in US/UK/APAC. Pag may pasyal add pa 'per diem'. Most of the time we decide when we like to make pasyal, wag lang madalas gagalit si Big Boss. I take VL when I want it and no limits (theoretically).

Cons : Sometimes 14hrs+ of workdays. P#!@#$@$! Income Tax ng Pinas yan (pang monthly na sana ng hi rise condo sa makati), ala naman akong napapala. :thumbsdownsmiley:

no wonder many of us want to migrate...if you read this thread, you will indeed get tempted....i believe whats more essential is the savings than the take-home amount of the salary...

here is my question to esp. people wokring in canada, US or australia (bec i am planning to migrate), what is the precentage of your monthly saving as to your salary?

i save close to 50% of my salary in the philippines, due to the fact that i dont pay rent and other expenses....

sorry if others may conisder this OT...

No matter how big your salary and bonuses is, its basically 30-35% less after taxes! The problem here in the Philippines is not the salary or benefits we get, its the expenses we have to incur to live which are usually too high. Healthcare nalang is so expensive. You dont even factor in your expenses for your gimiks!

No matter how big your salary and bonuses is, its basically 30-35% less after taxes! The problem here in the Philippines is not the salary or benefits we get, its the expenses we have to incur to live which are usually too high. Healthcare nalang is so expensive. You dont even factor in your expenses for your gimiks!

Agree, I'm earning 42K here in San Francisco and I get to buy a lot more vs when I was working in Manila. Hell, I'm planning of switching cars next month . Kahit used na BMW kaya ko makuha. Eh sa Pilipinas , people are happy they could get a Honda or Mazda. It's the cost of living that's killing us over there.

i hear ya.

healthcare and if you have kids, education.

Agree, I'm earning 42K here in San Francisco and I get to buy a lot more vs when I was working in Manila. Hell, I'm planning of switching cars next month . Kahit used na BMW kaya ko makuha. Eh sa Pilipinas , people are happy they could get a Honda or Mazda. It's the cost of living that's killing us over there.

Besides the cost of living that is relatively high, what really is "killing" us is the lack of good work opportunities. In the US its but normal for people to have 2-3 jobs. How can you do that here? Almost impossible.

• 1 month later...

Here's a breakdown of my former job in the Philippines:

Site IT Manager

Monthly Income: 150K PHP

Perks: Company car, mobile phones (1 smart & 1 globe), monthly gasoline (8k) and parking allowances (3k), monthly rice subsidy (1k), HMO (wife and kids covered), insurance coverage

I left this job a year ago to work here in the UK.

Here's a breakdown of my former job in the Philippines:

Site IT Manager

Monthly Income: 150K PHP

Perks: Company car, mobile phones (1 smart & 1 globe), monthly gasoline (8k) and parking allowances (3k), monthly rice subsidy (1k), HMO (wife and kids covered), insurance coverage

I left this job a year ago to work here in the UK.

Is your new job much better income wise? No regrets leaving your old job? Are you happy in UK? Your old job seems to be a very good job to me.

Besides the cost of living that is relatively high, what really is "killing" us is the lack of good work opportunities. In the US its but normal for people to have 2-3 jobs. How can you do that here? Almost impossible.

It is all about what our goals in life are. Hi, I think what is important is you are happy in your current situation. Philippines is a good place to be too.

Here is what I get from my current job.

Company: NCRPO-CVG (National Capital Region Police Office- Civilian Volunteers Group)

Perks: Suitable training for those who wisj to apply for the AFP, no time schedule (I can log-in/log-out anytime I wish to)

Downs: NO basic salary (Commission-basis)VERY dangerous job, encounters with hoodlums and criminals of all sorts, whom I have to arrest at all costs.

Bonuses: Extra commission/s on helping apprehend major offenders. Free medical care.

*This sounds totally pathetic, but I love my job, and I'm proud of it, despite the fact that I receive minimal wages. It's still enough to help me get by.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Job: Senior Director for an IT Consulting Company

Company: American

Salary: Php 1.3M/annually

Others:

Allowances: Php 260,000/annually

: car 1M budget every five years

: HMO

Perks : very flexible time. i am not required to be in the office for 8 hours. hehehehe.

: i am the final decision maker (hehehehehe).

: i can do things on my own without someone asking me why am i doing these things.

Cons : very stressful

: office politics is very strong

• 1 month later...

Company: EGS

Salary: basta 5-digit

Position: Quality Assurance

Pros:

30% night diff (if working on nights)

transpo allowance

unlimited drinks at the pantry (coffee, iced tea, juice water)

unlimited internet access (sa mga may powers na)

flexible work schedule

may night life na ulit ako.

the usual benefits also...

Cons:

indians

no OT (as of the moment)

opportunists

power grabbers

jeepney driver pasig qiapo

1000 pesos daily , araw araw sweldo , pwera lang pag nasira sasakyan

perks? malaya sa amo, hawak mo oras mo, masaya yung nakakatulong ka sa masa kahit papaano. at

saka di mainit ang BIR sa mga driver, wala nag babayad ng tax hehehe

bonus? pag madami talagang pasahero half day lang uwiaan na hehehe sarap

hindi na kailangan mag abroad. Trade stocks pag tanghali bago mag byahe sa hapon.

guys magkano ba ang tax pag 60 k pesos ang sahod sa pinas,,, support my family with two daughter,,, please let meknow,, thanks! :cool:

In the Philippines, even if you earn 10,000 pesos a month you have to pay income tax.

In Singapore, your first 60,000 pesos a month is free of income tax.

Is there another discussion thread for income taxes?

jeepney driver pasig qiapo

1000 pesos daily , araw araw sweldo , pwera lang pag nasira sasakyan

perks? malaya sa amo, hawak mo oras mo, masaya yung nakakatulong ka sa masa kahit papaano. at

saka di mainit ang BIR sa mga driver, wala nag babayad ng tax hehehe

bonus? pag madami talagang pasahero half day lang uwiaan na hehehe sarap

hindi na kailangan mag abroad. Trade stocks pag tanghali bago mag byahe sa hapon.

:thumbsupsmiley: Hehe ito mas maniniwala pa ko. Pero yung iba halatang exaggerated :upside: pero yung ibang mga exag diyan palagay ko sa PAL ang trabaho PALAMONIN NG NANAY. hehe

Anyway here's mine

CO. PNB @ 4 years

Salary 19,000/month

Benefits:

rice and sugar

personal economic relief fund

14th month pay

HMO

medical/optical/dental allowance

christmas bonus

anniversary bonus

clothing allowance