Job - Salary, Bonuses, & Perks

i used to work for Convergys. Pay was good, 16k ++ a month, enough money for me to spend since I was still 19, fresh out of college during that time.

Now I'm 24 and I now work as a real estate broker for my mother's brokerage.

Pay is very good.

I don't have a steady salary though; I do get to eat for free!

I get to meet a lot of new people, mostly foreign. Most of my clients come from ADB, WB, some from the embassy and other multi-national companies. I cater to the high end market, but can also help people with the lower budgets.

Most of my friends think I earn millions in a month. I may buy fake things from Greenhills and people still think that I bought the originals haha

I work on commissions, which pay about 3%-5% for a sale property and one month commission for a for lease property.

There are no holidays for me, I sometimes need to work 24-7. I may choose not to go to the office though since I don't have a steady salary.

Thus I can do my other sidelines, like: I sell brownies, cakes and other bakery products. Sell semi-precious and precious jewelry. Starting my own cleaning business and restaurant stall. and of course working part time in different real estate developers as a property consultant specifically part of their brokers division.

So if you need your property rented out or sold, or you need to rent or purchase a property... Please feel free to contact me.

:mtc:

1) multiply the foreign annual salary by the RP average GDP per capita, which is $1,640.

example. foreign salary is US$600,000 per year. so US$600,000 x US$1,640 = US$984,000.

correction, should be US$984,000,000.

except for that, the rest of computation is still correct.

and it makes total sense, i mean if i am earning Php77,000 a month, i could assume that of the 80M fillipinos, about 78M are earning less than me.

in the same way, if I am earning US$600,000 a year in US, I would belong in the top 3% of the pay strata, methinks, considering average salary is US$46,000 p.a.

previous job (from 2000 to 2003) - medical resident

salary - Php 7K a month

Let's see how you are valued globally. The process shall be reversed.

At Php7,000 a month x 13 you get Php91,000 p.a.

let's say you're working in London, where exchange rate right now is Php65:E1. so, 91,000/65

= E1400 p.a.

E1400 * 44693 (avg salary p.a. in UK in US$) = E62,570,200.

E62,579,200 / 1640 (avg salary p.a. in RP in US$) = E38,153.

So, that is your salary in UK per year. E38,153 !

To get monthly salary, just divide by 12 (not 13 as I don't think they have 13 month pay), so you are getting E3,180 per month. Not bad. Not bad at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Planning Engineer

job location = dubai / abu dhabi

salary $3,815 per month

Pros : High demand for this position globally, high paying job (my salary was considered low pa nga compared sa senior planning engineers, they are earning up to $10,000 per month)

Cons : Away from your family, homesickness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im in the process of transferring to a local company counterpart. Previously based in Dubai, UAE:

Job: Architect - Construction Management & Documentation

Salary: AED 14k/mo

Benefits:

28 days annual leave (working days not counting holidays, weekends), no tax, medical insurance, annual return airticket, project completion bonuses, world-class training and exposure to euro/standard construction.

Disadvantages:

On-site works had to deal with harsh environment, a bit of discrimination, in construction i meet the same people all the time (nakakasuka) and no ladies, really Homesick (I negotiated my company for a year to put me in our Manila office), harsh competition sa work and pressure from clients.

job: supervisor/slave

salary: 2.5million pesos/year

benefits: 1 month vacation, health/dental, pension 10% of salary.

disadvantages: it's in Toronto.., demanding bosses, and employees.. plus regardless on how much your income is, it's always never enough..

• 4 weeks later...

Job: Warehousing/Logistics

Salary: 6 digits per month

Benefits: bonus pays (more than 2x the monthly salary) every 6 months, 1-month vacation, housing allowance, sick leave, pension,

Advantages: very stable job, maraming gimikan na malapit sa work, good working hours (M-F, 8-5 PM)

Another advantage: di masyado stressful ang work... but I'm thinking of applying to another job that has more stress BUT pays more :blink:

Disadvantages: wala sa Pinas (homesick kung minsan), pahirapan ang promotion

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Let's see how you are valued globally. The process shall be reversed.

At Php7,000 a month x 13 you get Php91,000 p.a.

let's say you're working in London, where exchange rate right now is Php65:E1. so, 91,000/65

= E1400 p.a.

E1400 * 44693 (avg salary p.a. in UK in US$) = E62,570,200.

E62,579,200 / 1640 (avg salary p.a. in RP in US$) = E38,153.

So, that is your salary in UK per year. E38,153 !

To get monthly salary, just divide by 12 (not 13 as I don't think they have 13 month pay), so you are getting E3,180 per month. Not bad. Not bad at all.

The logic above is all rat poop! ragstoriches computations/comparison shown above do not make sense at all. One should consider the housing expenses between two places if one would like to make a realistic comparison. For example, you can't find a decent two bedroom apartment (with hot water and AC) for rent in Manila for less than 7,000 pesos per month (kulang na kulang pa ang sahod mo pambayad sa apartment pa lang kung 7,000 pesos lang ang kita mo sa isang buwan, paano na ang pagkain mo?). While in U.K., (even in London) you can easily find a decent two-bedroom (with hot water and AC) aparment for E500 per month.

ragstoriches, try to base your computations on minimum wages not the average salaries. I think the the minimum wage in the Philippines in 2009 is ~7,000 per month; in U.K. it is about E1170 per month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Job Title: Researcher

Salary: 12,000 SAR around 1.9 M per annum + bonus based on performance evaluation ;p

Perks: Travel especially when you are doing multi-country projects/ networking/ occasional intellectual masturbation/ low cost of living in Saudi -- almost the same as Philippines even lower i guess since i just walk to my office... ;p my house is just for 1k SAR per month ;p approx 13,000 PHP food is cheap. and you get to know which product will come out first in the market. ;p 1 month vacay that you can actually use.

Cons: No MPAs, no beer (yet), censored but fast internet connection (though I can easily bypass them, still...), Occasional long work hours during report time

• 4 weeks later...

I'm working as an investigations officer for a bank here in makati...

Confidential daw ang salary hehehe, pero I can say its in between 30-40k per month...

Ala masyado bonuses eh, un lang hehehe

You have a chance though, to go abroad. Some clients and other bank officers give you "gifts"

Downside lang nito sobra ang stress, sakit sa ulo mag-investigate, sasala ka pa ng customer complaints... monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.. may regular audit pa... grrr...

Job1: All Around IT Personnel

Salary Range: 15k/ month - just got a +5k confidential salary increase

70k/month pag nasa japan na (3months tour)

Disadvantages: all around dapat ang talent - cad/wamp/webdesign/simple programming/graphics + lots troubleshooting

pag may deadline na design - puyatan

Advantages: pag di ako kailangan, kahit ano oras ako pwede pumasok

Benefits: 13th month lang + the usual company benefits, asking for tech gadgets bcoz of work overload :)

JOb2: Tech/Support (bros bussiness)

Salary Range: 10k/month

Advantages: minsan lang magkaproblema mga pc at network

Disadvantages: nakakatamad pumunta sa ibang office like ortigas mainit, minsan sa pasay to swap laptops ng staffs

Sidelines:

Depende kung kelan masira ang mga pc/network nila

peak season - 20k /month <<< rare

pag off-season - 4k / month

==============================

want to leave the company and look for a new job, sched for ccna exam this month and go abroad :P

• 1 month later...

So many good salaries here from posters (I assume most are Filipinos) working abroad. I salute you all, I grew up with a dad who worked in another country that gave us the financial capacity to live comfortably in exchange for being away for most of the last 24 years.

I want to share my income information since I wish to encourage hardworking professionals that there are great opportunities to make money in the Philippines for honest and hardworking individuals. (Just keep the two traits in mind since I believe that this got me the role and none of that "who you now" crap that so many Filipinos believe in).

Some relevant info about me:

Call Center Exec

PROS:

Annual salary: Php 2.4M (rough estimate) + bonuses (equal to 10-15% of annual)

Working for one of the worlds most recognizable brand (so I always get a wow when I give my business card)

Open minded industry who does not discrimnate age as long as your accomplishment speaks for yourself (I got into my role at 26 y/o and I'm now 29)

10 mins drive from home to work (though this may be a PRO of my address rather than my office)

CONS:

Being a decision maker for a big company, "everything is always your fault"

Long hours (10-12 hrs) and should be ready to respond to emergency needs (I had to take conference calls at the height of Ondoy)

Occassionaly, you have to be the bearer of bad news (e.g: firing people - not as fun as many would think...esp in the Phils)

Edited by xcholox

My job: HR Professional based in the USA

Salary : US$ 45,000 per year

PROs: I live the American dream (or trying to live it). I have branded clothes, nice gadgets, cool car, great neighborhood

CONs: I earn dollars and SPEND dollars too. Housing is expensive here, plus you have to spend for the car, credit cards, etc.

The American Dream can sometimes be a nightmare. So those out there thinking that America is paved with gold, think twice.

PS.

CON: Mahal ang babae dito.

Edited by scorpionking
  • 1 month later...

JOB POST: AUTHORIZATION OFFICER OF A LOCAL BANK IN THE UAE

JD: tagasagot ng tawag ng mga merchants na may acquiring relationship sa amin (Bank). will discuss everything, from batch settlements to fraud calls, kahit printer rolls, sa amin din ire-request (na bandang huli, sasabihan namin sila na bumisita sa pinakamalapit na branch ng bangko namin or tawag sila sa technician/sales rep).

SALARY: AED 4,000 + AED110/day night allowance

PROS: hmmm... i dunno, you get to work in Dubai (?)

CONS: kung gaano kahirap mamuhay sa US, mas lalo dito. aba, kung tutuusin, minimum wage earner lang ako dito, huhuhu..

• 5 months later...

Job 2008- May 2010

Title: SALES SECRETARY

JD: Act as sales manager, act as sales account executive, act as customer representative, magtimpla ng cofee na hindi tinitikman kung matamis o hinde:lol:, act as IT, walang katapusang File,act as accountant,matuto ka mag lie,minsan makipag away sa client hekhek

Salary : not enough for my multitasking ability

Perks: daming food from manliligaw na matandang intsik =D, commissions, bonus(pag kumita daw ang company), 13th month pay,one kaban rice,lots of gift during christmas

Cons; no Overtime,six days ang pasok,no petix kahit isang minuto,walang internet access, ayun resigned =D hehe

• 4 months later...

all my life I never or never will be able to stick to one job, just like my ancestors did with one job , like 30 to 45 years same job. I am forever thankful to my dad ( 35 years in a single job level IV manager) my lolo ( around 40 years in governement as a lawyer) MY aunt, my lola teacher all over 30 years. my siblings and me only one working as a UP researcher has been with them over 20 years....with me lucky if I get 5 years on the job.

1. Last job was security middle east. lasted about 4 years, so many perks and etc, it was unbelievable.

2. I had over 12 jobs in great companies both pinas and abroad. each job I learn and move on. save money do side business. GAMBLE my vice is the only thing preventing me to be a super millionaire.

3. I learned how to market myself so good that each interview I get, I always say, ' I am the best of the best', just hire me you'll see.

4. one day i'll retire and write a book about jobs for pinoys.

ONE JOB I DID NOT LIKE WAS BE ON THE STAFF OF A CONGRESSMAN. I SEE WHERE YOUR TAX MONEY IS BEING USED!!!!!! I LASTED LESS THAN A YEAR...LONG ENOUGH TO ESTABLISH CONNECTIONS AND VISAS TO TRAVEL ABROAD DIPLOMATICALLY!!!!!!

Edited by knoll1234
  • 3 months later...

I'll be starting at a well known Architectural firm this month. That is if ever interviews for work abroad arent fruitful. Here is the specifics as far as i know.

Job Description: Project Architect

Salary: p20k/month

Perks: You get to learn from the best and getting attached to this company builds up your resume.

Cons: Deadlines could be a pain in the ass

Does anyone know the rate of an architect for mideast (doha, qatar). would be much appreciated

• 9 months later...