How Can I Quit Smoking?

You just need something to divert your intention to.

Smoking is just an oral fixation, if you get over it, it'll be easy to quit smoking.

A hobby perhaps.

A lover.

Replacement for smoking like gum or candy.

Activities you're dedicated to and you need to quit smoking for this activity.

Quitting is just mind over matter, almost like everything else in this world.

You just have to tell yourself you can do it.

If you're planning on stopping, just do it step by step, like before a pack a day,

after a week, try making it 15 sticks a week, then lower the number until you reach 0. :D

(sounds easy but hard to do. well, as they say " Kung gusto may paraan, pag ayaw maraming dahilan '"

• 1 month later...

No single approach is effective for everyone. In my case, I went cold turkey. It's been almost 2 years since my last stick and it's my most successful attempt so far at quitting. I hope this lasts.

Whatever approach to quitting you might take, the important factor is WILL POWER. Without the will to quit, then you will always succumb and relapse.

i'm 3 yrs off after 20 yrs on. i'm 36 yo, started at 13 yo/Gr. 7.

hirap mag quit pero kaya at dapat kayanin

it's unsolicited but i'd like to share what worked for me

1. don't light up because if you keep re-introducing the addictive chemicals in your body you will always be addicted, if you light one, expect to light 300 after that

2. do nothing. smoking needs/requires you to make several movements, if you do nothing you are not smoking

3. hate the tobacco industry, they deliberately set us up to become addicts to their products to ensure their profits. they are the evil empire.

4. wait out the addictive crave. a craving urge will not last more than 120 seconds. you either turn your attention to something else or it just goes away. wait it out, don't give in

5. re-learn to do the things you used to do with cigarettes now without it, ex. inom, party, hintay, after meals, pag-naha-harass o stress. re-learn to participate in all of these without the yosi

good luck to those quitting. kaya niyo yan

Yeah indeed. Turn your attention to something else

Reward yourself on every stick, pack or rim that you do not smoke ....

Example If you do not smoke today, buy a sumptuous lunch

If you do not smoke for a month .... etc etc

4. wait out the addictive crave. a craving urge will not last more than 120 seconds. you either turn your attention to something else or it just goes away. wait it out, don't give in

Edited by lomex32
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...