Tire & Wheel Talk - All about Tires & Wheels

• 2 months later...

Advice naman from the car masters here...

Im gonna replace my 4 tires (old car naman na..)

A friend said cheaper daw sa S&R, but he last bought tires there few years back. I have a relative naman with a card so I can ask him (or my friend) to go with me..

Question.. cheaper ba nga talaga sya? Over tire centers say in Banawe or Pasay?

Impression ko kasi mahal mga gamit sa S&R e.. how much we talking about here? if 100 pesos lang per tire 400 pesos +/- ok lang negligible.. but if 200+ more price diff per tire (cheaper or more expensive) thats a significant difference na.

Any inputs?

Or reco saang good pero affordable tire center? Yung iba kasi alam ko taga. I dont need high-end mag type tires..just basic lang... whats the average price ba of ur average tire? For Mitsubishi Lancer lang.. para di naman ako maloko.. hehe (yan lang nakita ko advantage sa S&R.. I assume they have the fair price set na.. wala ng tawaran.. sa ibang shops.. magtatawaran pa di mo pa sure quality ng ibibigay sa yo or kaya e sa-salestalkin ka naman to get more than what you need)

thanks for any input...

Edited by G.L.

try looking for nankang tires.. cheap but an ok performer if you're on a budget.. readily available in the banawe area.. you can't get any cheaper than there..

if you wanna make sure of the running price of the tires and the services, its really better to canvas for yourself

imho, brands in S&R are of the high to mid end types. if you are looking for tires in a budget, there are lots of them outside.

example: kumho, nexxen, kelly, gajah tunggal, achilles, federal.

i myself have used nexxen, GT, achilles and federal. nice grip. reasonably priced.

for 195/60/15, cost is around 1.6k/tire.

imho, brands in S&R are of the high to mid end types. if you are looking for tires in a budget, there are lots of them outside.

example: kumho, nexxen, kelly, gajah tunggal, achilles, federal.

i myself have used nexxen, GT, achilles and federal. nice grip. reasonably priced.

for 195/60/15, cost is around 1.6k/tire.

thanks for the tip.

Just asked a couple of shops. Yokohoma tires size 185 2,500 daw (20% disc na daw yun).. yung isa 2,700 naman. mas mura yung quote mo. :hypocritesmiley:

Thats the reason I asked here for experts advice.. kasi i know halatang wala akong alam..at least now if i mention the brands you named and price range siguro di na ko madedehado..

Any particular shop you can recommend? Evangelista or Banawe?

Funny..ive been driving for over a decade pero its been so long ago since I bought tires myself. One time binigyan ako ng Ninong ko when he changed mags.. nice set pa. And last time few years back when my dad borrowed my car.. na flat pa kasi kalbo.. he returned the car to me with 4 new tires :thumbsupsmiley:

btw for 195/60/15... what is 60/15? yung 195 is size right..mine is 185 daw..

hehe.. censya na dont know much abt tires... :rolleyes:

Just bought DURO tires for 1.7k per tire at Evangelista... China made daw and comparable to Nexxen daw.. malaki rin nasave ko for 4 tires kesa I bought Goodyear and other brands..

May feedback ba for this DURO brand? Was looking for Nanking or Nexxen e wala silang Stocks for my tire size.. Sunday late pm na rin kasi ako napadaan so marami ng saradong shops...

Looks and feels good naman. Hopefully it will last long...

Well, just bought 4 new tires kanina sa Evangelista..

Tried looking for the above brands, yung iba walang stocks sa size ko. Sunday late pm na rin so many closed shops na rin.

Ended up buying DURO brand for 1.7k.. (close sa 1.6k na namentiong quote above). Saved P 800 per tire or Php 3,200 rin instead of buying good brand for 2,500 .. :thumbsupsmiley:

Original topic ko is if S&R was ok place to buy tires. kala ko If I can save 100-300 or more ok na. Or even if mas mahal konti lang if good sevice naman pwede na rin. Didnt expect malaki pala masasave ko once i know how to look for other brands aside from the usual Goodyear and Dunlop. I was right, dami akong natanong na shops, if i wasnt looking for specific brands, they are pushing the expensive brands to me.

Anyone know if OK ang DURO brand na to? China made like Nexxen daw.

Anyway, i guess pwede na close thread na to bec theres another thread na pala about tires. (although that one's about the BEST, not the CHEAPEST :hypocritesmiley: )

thanks again for all the tips!

Just bought DURO tires for 1.7k per tire at Evangelista... China made daw and comparable to Nexxen daw.. malaki rin nasave ko for 4 tires kesa I bought Goodyear and other brands..

May feedback ba for this DURO brand? Was looking for Nanking or Nexxen e wala silang Stocks for my tire size.. Sunday late pm na rin kasi ako napadaan so marami ng saradong shops...

Looks and feels good naman. Hopefully it will last long...

dami na kasi nagsulputan na brands ng gulong specifically those of china's. madami na rin ako naririnig na feedbacks na some china made tires are di matibay, sumasabog, mabilis and thread wear etc. but because of it's affordability nagiging mabenta eto. pero I won't recommend 'tong mga china brands sa bibili ng gulong. Kasi dito nakasalalay ang safety ng mga pasahero sa oto and for me that should not be compromised.

There are a lot of choices in the market for entry level and mid end tires, and they would give you exceptional tread life.

Nankang, Westlake and Firenza are the brands that i have encountered that are budget friendly, but performs well for everyday use.

They are readliy available at a lower price at evangelista.

dami na kasi nagsulputan na brands ng gulong specifically those of china's. madami na rin ako naririnig na feedbacks na some china made tires are di matibay, sumasabog, mabilis and thread wear etc. but because of it's affordability nagiging mabenta eto. pero I won't recommend 'tong mga china brands sa bibili ng gulong. Kasi dito nakasalalay ang safety ng mga pasahero sa oto and for me that should not be compromised.

I do agree sir, was planning on buying china na gulong but upon hearing your comment, i think i may have to think twice....

thanks sir!!

:thumbsupsmiley: