The PC and Laptop Repair Guide

Good afternoon.

May Laptop ako na Dell L400 w/o CD rom yon, the problem is nasira yung Windows nya. Panu ko po lalagyan ng windows ulit yon? Pwede po ba external na HDD? Meron din akong internal na CD ROM (Convert ko to External), pwede ko rin po bang gamitin yon?

TY po..

You have two options:

First Option:

- copy the contents of the installer into your external HDD. Pero ang problem mo ngayon is pano mo kokopyahin? Hanap ka muna ng may CD-ROM na PC, tapos dun mo i-copy.

Second Option:

- buy an external CD-ROM drive. But i would recommend that since bibili ka na rin naman, bili ka na ng DVD-Writer na external.

In both cases, you have to tweak your CMOS so that your first boot priority will be the USB Drive. And while you are at the CMOS level, ensure that your USB devices are enabled by the CMOS itself.

To answer your other question, converting your current internal CD-ROM drive to external is not possible. Imho, wala pa akong nakikitang enclosure for CD-ROMS....

Edited by Google
I got a 2nd hand Sony VAIO. I need to make it boot on CD but the BIOS is password protected and I can't get in. I've tried bringing it to a laptop shop at the Podium but they couldn't get in either. Any help will be highly appreciated.

the CMOS should be reset(ted).

try to remove the CMOS battery first. I just dont know if it will work. But in most cases, it should.

the second option is resetting it via a jumper. Most motherboards have a three-pin header on the motherboard usually located near a coin battery (looks like a silver coin with very fine engraved print on the surface). Two heads (little silver pins sticking out of the motherboard) of the three-pin header will be covered by a rectangular piece of plastic with some metal inside connecting the two pins (these are called jumpers). All you need to do is make sure the computer is off, move the jumper from the two pins it's covering to cover the pin that it isn't and also the central pin. Leave it sit here for a few seconds then move it back to the original position.

Some of the more modern motherboards have a button instead of a three-pin head. All you need to do for these motherboards is turn off the machine, push the button, and start it up again.

need help namn kunti tungkol sa laptop ko parang same problem na nabasa ko sa taas..ang problem ng laptop ko nag hahang sya tapos as in wala na kahit galawin mo wala pwera lng yung on/off button nya kaso pag pinatay ko sya power button d na nag open ang monitor pero yung cd nya nag basa pa nag blink and umiilaw yung power nya hndi ko alam kung alin ang problema pede hingi ng tulong? e2ng laptop ko gateway (d ko alam ang model nya natapon ko na kasi yung box hehe) pero 1 year pa lng sa akin to parang bilis namn bumigay.

salamat sa sasagot

mind stating the specs of your unit?

- processor

- RAM

- operating system

You have two options:

First Option:

- copy the contents of the installer into your external HDD. Pero ang problem mo ngayon is pano mo kokopyahin? Hanap ka muna ng may CD-ROM na PC, tapos dun mo i-copy.

Second Option:

- buy an external CD-ROM drive. But i would recommend that since bibili ka na rin naman, bili ka na ng DVD-Writer na external.

In both cases, you have to tweak your CMOS so that your first boot priority will be the USB Drive. And while you are at the CMOS level, ensure that your USB devices are enabled by the CMOS itself.

To answer your other question, converting your current internal CD-ROM drive to external is not possible. Imho, wala pa akong nakikitang enclosure for CD-ROMS....

sabi nung isang IT namin yung internal CD ROM daw ay pwedeng gamitan ng USD to IDE adaptor eh... Mura lang daw yung adaptor na yun. Tama po ba?

mga masters, i have a sony vaio, i bought it last 2007 sa us. my problem is, hindi nagana ung shft keys (both left and right) i started just last week. ano kaya remedyo dto. saan kaya pede mag pa gawa ng vaio laptop? thank you po

may universal warranty naman ang Vaio. try to bring it to a Sony Service Center. check mo na lang dito pinakamalapit sa iyo... try mo inquire if they service Vaios.

Sony Vaio Repair Center - Philippines

i have a laptop ibm r31. Problem is nag fluctuate yung cpu speed nya from 1.13ghz down to 130mhz... when it happens the laptop become unusable. helps pls... thanks!

what are the programs running if this happens? what is your OS?

masters...need help very badly...super lungkot dito sa saudi tapos ganito pa nangyari...

just bought a samsung laptop R510..vista os...my problem is the voice in YM...it wouldnt function...

message always i got "cannot connect to server"...NO RINGING AT ALL!!!...built in cam is working properly except tha voice...

rally missing now to hear the voice of my kids...any help would be greatly appreciated...

MARAMING MARAMING SALAMAT PO!!!!

try to download and install this.

YM Codec Fix

your YM might not just not be compatible with Vista.

sabi nung isang IT namin yung internal CD ROM daw ay pwedeng gamitan ng USD to IDE adaptor eh... Mura lang daw yung adaptor na yun. Tama po ba?

technically pwede yan, but it may not function properly compared if you would use a direct USB connection.

Edited by Google
masters i need your help very badly I accidentally formatted yung laptop ko wla ako back up nung mga files ko,any suggestions or software pano ko po ma retrieve yung mga files ko...pls lng po,tnx in advanced!!!

when you formatted your laptop, did you use a new file structure (e.g. FAT32 - NTFS)?

if yes, it may be quite impossible to recover your files.

and even if you did not, not all your files may be recovered.

tanong ko lang... bakit mo naman na reformat accidentally?

hello guys, problem ko yung laptop ko na dell 9300 nagkakavertical lines sa screen, habang tumatagal dumadami, san kaya maganda parepair, yung palit ng lcd, tnx

connect mo muna yung unit mo sa external monitor. baka video card lang ang problem.

Good Evening to all,

Im a newbie and i have a problem with my laptop (Acer Aspire S5100)

This is my problem, First i noticed to my laptop is a strange noise but after a few months every time i watch a You tube, movies or any internet music video my laptop is always CRASH and theres is a 2 sound and after that, goes to set panel (F1 (Continue) & F2 for set up)...i dont know what is the problem but this is always happen when i watch.

Can you help me, all computer Guru's....

Thank you for the Help and very much appreciated.

Good Evening to all,

This is my problem, First i noticed to my laptop is a strange noise but after a few months every time i watch a You tube, movies or any internet music video my laptop is always CRASH and theres is a 2 sound and after that, goes to set panel (F1 (Continue) & F2 for set up)...i dont know what is the problem but this is always happen when i watch.

might be a MOBO (Motherboard) or Video Card Problem

same problem I had with my Acer lappy

if it is still under warranty, send it to Acer

Good Evening to all,

add ko na din aside from the mobo/video card problem. pwede ring RAM problem.

the CMOS should be reset(ted).

try to remove the CMOS battery first. I just dont know if it will work. But in most cases, it should.

the second option is resetting it via a jumper. Most motherboards have a three-pin header on the motherboard usually located near a coin battery (looks like a silver coin with very fine engraved print on the surface). Two heads (little silver pins sticking out of the motherboard) of the three-pin header will be covered by a rectangular piece of plastic with some metal inside connecting the two pins (these are called jumpers). All you need to do is make sure the computer is off, move the jumper from the two pins it's covering to cover the pin that it isn't and also the central pin. Leave it sit here for a few seconds then move it back to the original position.

Some of the more modern motherboards have a button instead of a three-pin head. All you need to do for these motherboards is turn off the machine, push the button, and start it up again.

mind stating the specs of your unit?

- processor

- RAM

- operating system

AMD sempron 3500+

1.8ghz hyper transport

1024DDR2

NVIDIA geforce go 6100

256mb video card turbo cache

80gb (pata) 4200rpm

Windows Vista Premium

yan specs ng laptop ko kaso ayaw na talagang mag open ng monitor nya i think kasi umilaw namn yung power nya cguro nag boboot pa rin d ko rin sure totally blackout na kasi ka badtrip lng talga.

thanks

AMD sempron 3500+

1.8ghz hyper transport

1024DDR2

NVIDIA geforce go 6100

256mb video card turbo cache

80gb (pata) 4200rpm

Windows Vista Premium

yan specs ng laptop ko kaso ayaw na talagang mag open ng monitor nya i think kasi umilaw namn yung power nya cguro nag boboot pa rin d ko rin sure totally blackout na kasi ka badtrip lng talga.

thanks

your unit's specs seems ok enough.

does it boot from safe mode?

if not, try to reset the CMOS as i've stated above.

• 4 weeks later...
mga bossing advice naman po...pag po sa Windows Media Player may sound po ang at gumagana ang aking Speakers...pero pag sa YouTube at sa iba ay ayaw na pong gumana at wala na pong sounds...help naman po mga experts...

Visit a web page with a Flash video embedded on the page.

Click on the Flash video to activate the Flash plugin (only on SP2 or above), then right click on video to display the Flash properties menu.

Click on “Settings” on contextual menu, then click the “Advanced…” button.

A new web page window will launch loading Adobe - Flash Player - Manager. On the left pane, click on “Global Storage Settings Panel” link under “Flash Player Help Settings Manager” sub-section under “Table of Contents” section.

A Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager applet will load on the right pane as a Flash object. Check (tick) the “Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer” checkbox so that it’s checked. The settings should be auto-save, if the setting is not saved, try to close all Internet Explorer or Firefox web browser windows and launch the Flash Manager to set the option again.

Try to play Flash video. The sound should be played properly.

(nakuha ko sa isang website ) :P

---------

could you trye removing temp internet files on your IE/mozilla? :)

This problem just recently popped up. Sometimes while I'm using my computer, it would just suddenly turn off as if there was a sudden power outage. At the same time, I would hear a hard click, like the sound of a plastic spoon/fork being broken, coming from the tower. What could possibly be causing this?

This problem just recently popped up. Sometimes while I'm using my computer, it would just suddenly turn off as if there was a sudden power outage. At the same time, I would hear a hard click, like the sound of a plastic spoon/fork being broken, coming from the tower. What could possibly be causing this?

sounds like a power supply failure

If it is the power supply, should I have it repaired or just buy a new one?

buy a new one. mura lang yun. its safer than having to have your existing PS repaired.

Mga masters baka naman may alam kayo n nagrerepair ng laptop yun kasi screen ng ko vaio vgnfe31h e ngcrack kalahati n lng nkkita ko n display.How much kaya po aabutin noon?

meron sa mga SM malls eh, i just forgot the name of the shop.

meron din sa Festival Mall alabang, if you are down south.

Mga masters baka naman may alam kayo n nagrerepair ng laptop yun kasi screen ng ko vaio vgnfe31h e ngcrack kalahati n lng nkkita ko n display.How much kaya po aabutin noon?

Go to Sony's service center especially if it's still under warranty... Brand new TFT LCD are very expensive. Minimum of 6K depending on the size and feature. If you can't afford one, go for secondhands.

Try to go to SM Megamall's Cyber Zone. There's also a laptop repair center there. They may carry a compatible secondhand TFT LCD for your unit.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone can give diagnosis to this problem:

My friend has Toshiba Satellite LT. When turning on the power, it doesn't boot and there is no display on the monitor and no sound or beep to indicate an error. I've remove the RAMs and power on the laptop but again there is no sound or error indication. I have notice also that when I power on the laptop, the HDD led will light a few second then it will off leaving the power lead on. When I press the Fn key while the power is on, the Fn led lights which means there no problem on the power supply, however, the DVD ROM drive does not open when pressing the open button and no light on its led indicator. The laptop is only 1.5 year and this is the first time this problem occur. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks

looks like a mobo issue.

try muna to reset the CMOS. and try to reboot again.