Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

if 2mbps lang ung connection plan ko sa pldt? would it benefit me to get a router? i see speeds nakalagay dun sa boxes sa store. dunno if relevant if my source connection is slow.

also, difference of wireless n and ac, is just better signal, right? anything else?

how about powerline?

i've seen videos in youtube. like to check how it is here in PH as internet is slower.

almost same size lang sila.

Mas mabilis SSD kasi wala na siyang moving parts like an ordinary hard disk.

mabilis na read/write mo.

ok. so i can replace laptop hd with ssd.

how about if i want to retain the hd but add an additional ssd. is that possible? is there space for that? what port needed?

Edited by wek1012

if 2mbps lang ung connection plan ko sa pldt? would it benefit me to get a router? i see speeds nakalagay dun sa boxes sa store. dunno if relevant if my source connection is slow.

also, difference of wireless n and ac, is just better signal, right? anything else?

how about powerline?

i've seen videos in youtube. like to check how it is here in PH as internet is slower.

kung wala namang ibang gumagamit ng internet sa bahay at ikaw lang then dumirekta ka na sa modem. Gagamit ka lang ng router pag may iba rin gumagamit na kahati sa internet OR masyado ka malayo sa modem para mag direct connection.

Powerline is a wifi extender lang naman, pinagkaiba lang dapat it runs on the same power outlet where your router is. Medyo hassle mag setup nun so I just went ahead with a linksys wifi extender na madaling isetup at plug mo lang sa outlet kung san mo sya gusto ipwesto at sasagap na yan ng signal FROM your router.

Mag speedtest ka na lang muna and see if yung results ng download speed eh sapul dun sa plan mo. Meron ding fluctuation yan so dont expect na sa lahat ng oras papalo ka ng 2mbps. Kung swak naman sa kailangan mo yung speed na nakukuha mo then ok na yun.

Mag speedtest ka na lang muna and see if yung results ng download speed eh sapul dun sa plan mo. Meron ding fluctuation yan so dont expect na sa lahat ng oras papalo ka ng 2mbps. Kung swak naman sa kailangan mo yung speed na nakukuha mo then ok na yun.

how about powerline?

how about if i want to retain the hd but add an additional ssd. is that possible? is there space for that? what port needed?

Pwede naman, If your laptop can support SSD which is using hard disk.

For SSD as expansion, I believe hindi sya applicable sa current models ng laptop.

External lalabas sa SSD mo or buy an SSD na compatible sa laptop mo or buy a whole new laptop na naka SSD na.

Basta 1 disk at a time lang ang naka internal tapos yung additional is external.

To simplify if storage lang habol mo, buy an SSD with the capacity ng both existing hard disk mo at yung projected SSD size na gusto mo

how about powerline?

if you are on 2 mbps and you are using the connection alone, it would depend..... but a cabled LAN connection between the modem/router provided by the ISP would be faster than using it via wifi.

maski saang connection, you are sharing..... so kung may 2 mbps ka and dalawa kayo na sabay, it will only entail you to be on 1mbps each user lang. kung apat kayo, tig 500 kbps lang.

on the replacement of the HD to SSD, yes pwede, but you have to take out the HDD and migrate everything to the SSD. you will be using the SATA port of the laptop to do that, put the existing HDD to the enclosure and do a migration. Most SSDs naman has that utility to enable to to migrate from the HDD to the SSD seamlessly.

thanks for inputs. i have shared connection here at home. my modem router is far from the desktop thus checking if i'm gonna get wifi or powerline. powerline considered as LAN right?

how about for RAM? i have 4gb now. I've monitored my system usage is my RAM is normally at 75% having 10 chrome tabs. There would be some times it would hang. Depend on what web app or website open. I should considered getting extra RAM right? How do i select what ram module be compatible to what i have now?

thanks for inputs. i have shared connection here at home. my modem router is far from the desktop thus checking if i'm gonna get wifi or powerline. powerline considered as LAN right?

how about for RAM? i have 4gb now. I've monitored my system usage is my RAM is normally at 75% having 10 chrome tabs. There would be some times it would hang. Depend on what web app or website open. I should considered getting extra RAM right? How do i select what ram module be compatible to what i have now?

powerline is an extender... so it is considered as WLAN. If you will be using a powerline but of the same speed, pareho lang ang internet speed mo. the only difference that you would be getting is a stronger signal. I think what you need to do is to upgrade your connection speed to around 4-5 mbps. cheap na lang yan ngayon, costs around 1.2k/month sa globe.

on your RAM, Chrome is really a RAM hogger specially if you are on multiple tabs. two things you can do: (a) get additional ram (B) use other browsers if you would really like to maintain lots of tabs. i personally would want to try the second option first (use Firefox or Opera) and see how it goes out. As far as i am concerned, 4 GB would be enough. and if you would be adding more RAM (lets say, another 4 GB for a total of 8GB), you would need to upgrade your operating systems to 64-bit, otherwise, hindi din madedetect yung additional RAM mo.

kung shared connection then mag wifi ka na nga lang muna. Saka mo na i-consider mag extender/powerline kung kinakailangan na. Modern routers are usually strong enough to cover an entire 2-story household.

Before you get off and buy additional RAM sticks, go to your task manager and k*ll start up tasks that runs in the background. Usually that improves performance pero kung ganun pa din then saka ka na bumili ng addt'l RAM. Personally, I'm currently on 6GB (4GB + 2 GB) tapos I killed background running apps/tasks that I don't need and my 6 year old acer laptop runs smooth kahit na simultaneous ang browsing, downloading, photoshop and watching a movie.

To know the RAM you have installed in your computer, use this: http://www.wikihow.com/Check-Computer-RAM

• 4 weeks later...

gtx 1060 performs better than the rx 480 by about 10 - 13 % in the benchmark tests.

gtx 1060 is more expensive than the rx 480 by 20%.

gtx 1060 is better at overclocking than the rx 480

If you're using it straight forward with minimum overclocking you're better of getting the rx480. But if money is not an issue by all means the gtx1060

Boss bibili kasi akong laptop..

heto yung napili ko saan dito prefer nyo: Asus K Series or Dell Insperon.

Gamitin ko sya pang Photoshop, Sound recorder na pang studio, Gaming(Di naman hardcore Ex. NBA2k,DOTA2,) at dual OS Linux and Windows kelangan kasi sa trabaho.

durability wise, i prefer the Asus.

three times na akong naka experience ng Dell na nasisira kaagad yung LCD within 4-8 months of use. its either the hinge, the ribbon or the entire LCD itself. meron dito sa office, after 4 months, nag spots na yung LCD nya.

haven't experienced that with Asus.

Gusto ko sana magstart ng computer shop business with starting 6 units. Anong specs ng unit ang advisable good for gamings? Like dota2 and online games. Thanks!

an i3 with 4 GB RAM willl be fine. however, online games do not just depend on the specs of the hardware alone. you need to factor in the speed of the internet and your network setup.

need help po sa mga IT experts. ano po magandang business router sa office? around 100 employees po ang makikinabang. Yung may bandwidth monitor at bandwidth control per device sana. salamat po sa sasagot.

we use an Asus RF-AC5300 (google na lang the specs) here at the office.

however, 100 employees using one wifi router will still clog up the network. it would be best if you can do a centralized management console (e.g. PFsense) tapos multiple access points wherein max 20 users will just use a specific AP for optimal use.

durability wise, i prefer the Asus.

three times na akong naka experience ng Dell na nasisira kaagad yung LCD within 4-8 months of use. its either the hinge, the ribbon or the entire LCD itself. meron dito sa office, after 4 months, nag spots na yung LCD nya.

haven't experienced that with Asus.

My Issue sa hardware talagang itong si Dell, sa Dami kung napagtanongan prefer talaga Asus.

Ano mas ok na model sa Asus K Series o yung X Series.

Gusto ko kasi SSD wala akong may makita sa K series.

ive been using the timeline x series for nearly 6 years now and ok naman sya for daily use. Medyo depreciated nga lang ng todo yung battery pero ok lang kasi i only use it plugged in all the time tapos i had to replace the hard drive once. Kinabitan ko ng win 8.1 then upgraded the RAM to 6GB tapos proper maintenance lang kaya maganda performance hanggang ngayon.