Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

Hi! Could someone probably help me out with my MSI / C2R installation issues? MS Office Pro Plus 2016 and Visio 2016 (C2R) conflict.

Its coming up as conflicting kasi may detected na existing MS OFFICE software in your system. First, do a COMPLETE removal of your existing MS OFFICE from your computer (check installed programs from your control panel and do the uninstall from there). Then retry installing this one. Kung ayaw pa rin, i would strongly suggest getting an earlier version of MS OFFICE na lang para iwas hassle when it comes to compatibility.

source: https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/t/355428

Magiging issue kasi to in terms of bringing and accessing your office documents that you've done from your computer TO other computers which does not have the same MS OFFICE version installed as yours - commonly, object, formatting, formulas, etc showing rather "different" kapag in-open mo na sa ibang pc, or worst, hindi biglang bubukas. Hassle yun lalo na pag importante at last minute pa naman yung ginagawa mong documentation or presentation na pinagpuyatan mo pa tapos pagdating mo sa office nyo biglang hindi gagana, gets?

Its coming up as conflicting kasi may detected na existing MS OFFICE software in your system. First, do a COMPLETE removal of your existing MS OFFICE from your computer (check installed programs from your control panel and do the uninstall from there). Then retry installing this one. Kung ayaw pa rin, i would strongly suggest getting an earlier version of MS OFFICE na lang para iwas hassle when it comes to compatibility.

source: https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/t/355428

Magiging issue kasi to in terms of bringing and accessing your office documents that you've done from your computer TO other computers which does not have the same MS OFFICE version installed as yours - commonly, object, formatting, formulas, etc showing rather "different" kapag in-open mo na sa ibang pc, or worst, hindi biglang bubukas. Hassle yun lalo na pag importante at last minute pa naman yung ginagawa mong documentation or presentation na pinagpuyatan mo pa tapos pagdating mo sa office nyo biglang hindi gagana, gets?

I have no probs sir with the compatibility of documents used in different version of MS Office. My concern is on the type of installation. We have MSI (Microsoft Installers) and the new one which is the C2R or click to run. Since I used an MSI sa Office , nag eerror if I try to install the Visio kasi C2R sya.

I'm simply wondering if someone was able to do a workaround or tweak for this kind of issue.

I have no probs sir with the compatibility of documents used in different version of MS Office. My concern is on the type of installation. We have MSI (Microsoft Installers) and the new one which is the C2R or click to run. Since I used an MSI sa Office , nag eerror if I try to install the Visio kasi C2R sya.

I'm simply wondering if someone was able to do a workaround or tweak for this kind of issue.

for that, pinaka practical mo na lang na magagawa is uninstall the existing one including yung mga standalone ms office products na nagcoconflict (tulad nga ng visio) and then reinstall the C2R one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Can you recommend a program to monitor my data usage?

Lately, i've been getting the fair usage warning from Globe, notifying me that I'm almost over my daily usage of 10GB (DSL). I haven't watch a movie or downloaded anything since February pero this month lagi ako nag-oover. I wonder if this is just a ploy for the users to upgrade. I want to verify if their tool is credible. I just called them earlier to check on my usage and to see if there's a link where I can check my data consumption since they can monitor it anyway. Pero ang sabi sakin di pa ako kasali sa accounts na na-migrate na with a dashboard so di ko pa machecheck ang usage ko.

Thanks!

use this http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Can you recommend a program to monitor my data usage?

Lately, i've been getting the fair usage warning from Globe, notifying me that I'm almost over my daily usage of 10GB (DSL). I haven't watch a movie or downloaded anything since February pero this month lagi ako nag-oover. I wonder if this is just a ploy for the users to upgrade. I want to verify if their tool is credible. I just called them earlier to check on my usage and to see if there's a link where I can check my data consumption since they can monitor it anyway. Pero ang sabi sakin di pa ako kasali sa accounts na na-migrate na with a dashboard so di ko pa machecheck ang usage ko.

Thanks!

Sorry if this is rather late, but is this for smart phone or for home internet connection? If it is for home internet and you are using Windows 10, then there is now on Settings a way to view data usage. I think this might just apply to the PC that has Windows 10, but I think it's at least a rough guide on how much you've been using. To go there: Start>Settings>Network & Internet>Data Usage. Again it might not exactly show how much overall you've been using (especially if you have wi-fi and there are other people as well in your house) but at least more or less you have a rough idea how much you are using.

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry if this is rather late, but is this for smart phone or for home internet connection? If it is for home internet and you are using Windows 10, then there is now on Settings a way to view data usage. I think this might just apply to the PC that has Windows 10, but I think it's at least a rough guide on how much you've been using. To go there: Start>Settings>Network & Internet>Data Usage. Again it might not exactly show how much overall you've been using (especially if you have wi-fi and there are other people as well in your house) but at least more or less you have a rough idea how much you are using.

Thanks! Its for a home internet connection. I haven't upgraded yet to windows 10. I'm using glasswire na. Thanks!

sorry if this should be posted in another thread, but have any of you tried getting gaming PCs from suggested pages from FB such as EasyPC, etc? and would you suggest buying from them?

nothing wrong with them. however, if i would really want to have control on my gaming rig, i will build it from scratch, using selected and best components.

I need help! replacing my old laptop's HD. I have a voucher from Lazada so I'm planning on getting the HD there. However, I don't know the difference between a desktop HD and a laptop HD. If anybody can please help me find an internal HD for an acer aspire laptop from Lazada, please send me a message.

Thanks. :)

I need help! replacing my old laptop's HD. I have a voucher from Lazada so I'm planning on getting the HD there. However, I don't know the difference between a desktop HD and a laptop HD. If anybody can please help me find an internal HD for an acer aspire laptop from Lazada, please send me a message.

Biggest difference of course is size--generally desktop hard drives are bigger than laptop hard drives. If it doesn't fit, then it's not for the laptop.

only difference is the size.

a laptop HDD

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/160861262507-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

a desktop HDD

http://techreport.com/r.x/barracuda-7200.10/drive.jpg

if you would notice, laki ng difference, kapal pa lang.

i suggest not getting this from Lazada, kung may problema yung item, matagal ang proseso ng pagbalik. mas maganda kung sa mga reputable computer shops na lang din para ma test na dun, and madali magbalik.