Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

Hi Guys.. need help...problem sa laptop model lenovo G40...my mom was just using it to play solitaire or minsan just to type some documents..almost 6 months palang toh,maingat naman kami gumamit nung laptop and never bumagsak. Problem is bigla nalang nagdistort yung monitor while playing solitaire..shinutdown namin at pag-open eh totally black display na sia...pag kinonect ko naman sa external montior...working sia pero totaly black screen na yung sa laptop at di rin marecognized pag inidentify yung display..i tried to search sa google but mostly totally replace ang solution..dinala ko sa repair shop kaso sabi naman sa board na raw.. para kasing imposible masira agad yung led display nia,i was bit dis appointed na kahit ano ingat eh bigla nalang nagblack screen....isa pa padala lang toh so ang warranty niya ay sa abroad pa at medyo hazzle .is there any other way pa ba to solve this... also inaavoid ko na mag flash ng bios at baka lalo lumala..and trying as much to replace agad yung screen..baka may iba pa ba na solution na possible you can share... tnx in advance..

specs... Intel core I5...tapos may sticker pa sia na amd radeon as graphics...

This happen few times sa mga users namin dito sa office Toshiba Z30 ang model - No display pero pag connect sa ext monitor may display, some cases wala din display sa ext monitor . So since may warranty - pagpunta ng technician ready to replace the LCD na , kaso laging nakukuha sa pag unplug - reinsert ng cable from mobo to lcd .

Hopefully yung case mo sana ganun lang din .

Ever since i upgraded to Windows 10, I'm always getting this prompt box - One Click Starter - "The program was started in compatibility mode"

Any insights? :)

are you talking about the oneclickstarter.exe? if you can post a screenshot sana so i can see.

imho, my laptop and my home desktop PC is in Win 10, wala akong na encounter na issue on this.

Edited by Google

This happen few times sa mga users namin dito sa office Toshiba Z30 ang model - No display pero pag connect sa ext monitor may display, some cases wala din display sa ext monitor . So since may warranty - pagpunta ng technician ready to replace the LCD na , kaso laging nakukuha sa pag unplug - reinsert ng cable from mobo to lcd .

Hopefully yung case mo sana ganun lang din .

tnx sa tip sir...nagawa ko narin iunplug yung connector ng lcd sa motherboard..yet still the same parin...natuto nga tuloy me magbaklas ng laptop makita lang yung mga connection nung lcd..ok naman sia once connected sia sa external monitor but the lcd/led talaga is totally black...again thank you sa info...

Do you find Windows 10 better in terms of performance compared to Win 8? O medyo hindi pa stable and release?

Nagdadalawang isip pa kasi ako mga boss eh.

performance wise, slightly better.... probably if i have to rate it, it is around 15-20% better performance wise..... it depends on the specs of your computer.

i still find ubuntu's performance better imho.

you are using AVG AV right? based on what I've read, AVG installs this as part of its package.

what you can do is to disable it...

or if you want it to run, locate the program, right click it, properties and at the compatibilities part, run it as compatible to Win 8.

or you may totally want to uninstall this program.... i dont think it has a huge use.

you are using AVG AV right? based on what I've read, AVG installs this as part of its package.

what you can do is to disable it...

or if you want it to run, locate the program, right click it, properties and at the compatibilities part, run it as compatible to Win 8.

or you may totally want to uninstall this program.... i dont think it has a huge use.

No, I use Avast AV..

tnx sa tip sir...nagawa ko narin iunplug yung connector ng lcd sa motherboard..yet still the same parin...natuto nga tuloy me magbaklas ng laptop makita lang yung mga connection nung lcd..ok naman sia once connected sia sa external monitor but the lcd/led talaga is totally black...again thank you sa info...

have your flex cable replaced. if under warranty, claim it!

performance wise, slightly better.... probably if i have to rate it, it is around 15-20% better performance wise..... it depends on the specs of your computer.

i still find ubuntu's performance better imho.

for me, i was able to max out my pc resources by installing OsX (hackintosh), using geekbench, etc, the results were consistently higher compared to when i am on winblows or any linux platforms using the same exact hardware.

Hence, i boot pure OsX nowadays :-)

• 2 weeks later...

okay na.. hehe.. just removed the tune up utilities =) thanks!

now i have a new problem haha..

Ever since I updated my iPhone to IOS 9.0.1 and iTunes to 12.3 version, my iPhone won't USB tether to my laptop anymore.

Before updating never had any problems with USB tethering. I tried rebooting both laptop and iPhone. I tried updating the iPhone driver software through device manager but it says "Windows could not find driver software for your device".
Would like to note that my iPhone has no problems with being detected by iTunes as i can manage music and back up and etc. I can also open my iPhone photo files through windows explorer. So that driver has no problem. It's the iPhone USB tether driver that has a problem.

okay na.. hehe.. just removed the tune up utilities =) thanks!

now i have a new problem haha..

Ever since I updated my iPhone to IOS 9.0.1 and iTunes to 12.3 version, my iPhone won't USB tether to my laptop anymore.

Before updating never had any problems with USB tethering. I tried rebooting both laptop and iPhone. I tried updating the iPhone driver software through device manager but it says "Windows could not find driver software for your device".
Would like to note that my iPhone has no problems with being detected by iTunes as i can manage music and back up and etc. I can also open my iPhone photo files through windows explorer. So that driver has no problem. It's the iPhone USB tether driver that has a problem.

try uninstalling and removing itunes and install the newest version, remove the ios device from device manager (the iphone), and try to plug the device back.

it should auto-detect and give you the correct phone driver.

How is that different and how do you do it? Thanks!

if you are already in Windows 10:

a. click on settings

b. on the settings page, click the button that says update and security

c. on the update and security page, click on recovery

d. on the recovery page, under the reset this PC option, choose Get Started

e. choose the provided option to REMOVE EVERYTHING. Backup your PC first. or you can choose the retain the personal files (preferable).

f. You will be presented to just remove my files or remove files or clean the drive. If you intend to use the PC to yourself, choose the first option. If you intend to dispose or sell the PC, choose the latter.

g. After choosing the option, click the reset button and that is it.

The computer will restart and after somewhere between 10 minutes to half an hour, or maybe longer depending on the speed of your PC, you will have yourself a computer with Windows 10 freshly installed. However, take note that resetting your machine in this way means you'll lose the option​ to rollback to the option where you can go back to your last OS.

• 2 weeks later...

hope someone can help me :(

i cannot access certain sites using my wifi (using a macbook) .

i am able to open other sites, though, iike twitter, instagram, etc.

but not mtc and the rest.

i think it is still working, but somehow it became selective.

any reason? and what should i do???

p.s. it is a personal wifi. And i am the only user.

Edited by ermita rojo

hope someone can help me :(

i cannot access certain sites using my wifi (using a macbook) .

i am able to open other sites, though, iike twitter, instagram, etc.

but not mtc and the rest.

i think it is still working, but somehow it became selective.

any reason? and what should i do???

p.s. it is a personal wifi. And i am the only user.

is that on smart? baka naka block...

try to use a different DNS.