Motorcycles and Scooters

On 4/25/2022 at 12:27 PM, HouseBand said:

With the (possible) new coding scheme, I am now thinking of getting a motorcycle.

Hindi pa nga lang ako marunong ng manual transmission, so malamang scooter muna para automatic tranny.

What's a good starter scoot ba for a reasonable price?

I'm thinking below php50k sana.

Would appreciate tips and suggested options

😎

No japanese scoot goes for below 50k. Usually 70k up.

Chinese brands baka Meron.

1 hour ago, misteryoso168 said:

Sports: Ninja400

naked: KTM390

porma: Vitpilen 401

Lahat iyan pards mababa lang. I suggest that you try checking out their showrooms. Try their bikes

Ktm in general has a hight seat height. The 390 duke even has a higher seat then the 790 Duke. Same with Vitpilen whixh is really just a re-skinned ktm390.

My vote goes to Kawi Ninja/z400 which has a the lowest seat height than its main rivals

6 hours ago, janjarobo said:

Planning din ako kumuha ng motor now dahil sa pagtaas ng gas undecided lng ako if scooter or itaas ko na 400cc atleast expressway legal. My choices are benelli panarea or nmax for scooter okaya mstar cafe400 or nk400 

If these are my only options, I would get an NK400 over a cafe400 any day. Cf moto has better quality control than the motorstar.

Go for the Nmax - Benellis are just SYMs pretending to be Italian. If you’re fixed on the classic look at a bargain, consider getting a honda scoopy instead. 

On 4/29/2022 at 6:14 PM, viii said:

If these are my only options, I would get an NK400 over a cafe400 any day. Cf moto has better quality control than the motorstar.

Go for the Nmax - Benellis are just SYMs pretending to be Italian. If you’re fixed on the classic look at a bargain, consider getting a honda scoopy instead. 

Motostar cafe400 - carburated  - manual adjustment of idling, you should increase idling specially during cold morning, and lower idling when the engine warmed up.  The only advantage is the ability to use cheap euro 2 gasoline, but that is being phased out.  

cfmoto nk400 - fuel injected - on board computer automatically adjust idling, just drive slowly the first minute  when the engine is cold, that is your 'warm up'.  The only disadvantage is that due to sensitive electronics, you should only fuel up with high grade octane 95 or premium gasoline, can't use cheap euro 2 gasoline.  

Legally speaking, if environmental laws are strictly implemented, you can't use carburated (cafe400) engines on public highways.

On 4/29/2022 at 11:47 AM, janjarobo said:

Planning din ako kumuha ng motor now dahil sa pagtaas ng gas undecided lng ako if scooter or itaas ko na 400cc atleast expressway legal. My choices are benelli panarea or nmax for scooter okaya mstar cafe400 or nk400 

A lot of big bike owners have a big bike for low traffic (expressway) use and a scooter for moderate to heavy traffic (city driving) use. 

If your betlog can withstand the heat from the engines of big bikes, and you have no problem having low fertility, and if you don't mind NOT lane filtering, lane splitting, or camote driving, then a big bike can be your only ride.  

If you are not used to shifting gears, get an automatic (Click, Nmax, Xmax)

Edited by johnlove

Helping a friend.

F5D006D9-8655-4BE0-A4B3-EEF96BF73E0A.jpeg.78ada23010419c22714fa4dfbf5ce4e9.jpegHi here's the details:

**** FOR SALE (Negotiable)
Brand/Make: Bristol 
Model: Bobber 650
Year: 2021

- With COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE
- Liquid-cooled, 4 Stroke
- DOHC Parallel Twin, 8 Valve
- 649cc displacement
- ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System
- 6 Speed Manual Transmission
- 14.5 Liters Tank Capacity
- Wet,  Multiplate Clutch
- Chain Drive
- Steel Frame
- KYB Telescopic Fork
- Bosch EFI
- With USB port (mobile charging)
- Custom Handle Bar
- Custom AUX front lights
- lED Headlights
- Color Black
- Casa Maintained
- RFID READY North and South! (Easy Trip and Autosweep)
- First Owner with records (OR/CR)

* SEE TO APPRECIATE! Very well maintained bike! *

SMS or CALL 0 9 9 8 5 7 2 7 2 5 4
PM me your offers!

- RIDE SAFE -

On 4/29/2022 at 11:47 AM, janjarobo said:

decide first kung saan mo gagamitin. If expressway ang biyahe mo, get 400 cc and above. If not, a 125 cc scooter is the best option

Edited by mrbokals
spelling
  • Winner! (+1) 1

All my life, di ko nakahiligan mag-motor. NIlampasan ko college and 30's ko ng hindi nahilig sa motor, and samen magbabarkada dito, ako lang walang motor, hahaha. I was fine with that though..

Until recently, siguro a month ago or less, I had this weird vibe. Parang gusto ko matuto mag-motor, kumuha ng license. Currently lurking in FB Marketplace looking for bikes like Yamaha R3/R15 or Honda CBR 150. Haven't pulled the trigger, just found it weird.

Could be passing fancy, but then...

• Winner! (+1) 2

Go to different driving schools, try different kinds of bikes.

Watch different youtube videos about motorcycle accidents, try to put yourself in their shoes (or sandals hehe), think about what you would to to prevent that kind  of accident.

Good Luck!

8 hours ago, Darwin69 said:

Which is better for a beginner motorcycle? Honda click125 or honda airblade? Which is more practical? For city use only. Thank you for the response.

I suggest Yamaha Aerox. I bought Yamaha Mio i125S and nagsisisi ako dahil di ko pa pinush yung Aerox. Sobrang tagtag ng Mio i 125 hehe.

sa mga undecided kung anong motor ang kukunin, ask yourselves these questions first 1.) para saan? saan gagamitin? 2.) budget.

kung pang city/daily errands/short rides - definitely 125/150/155cc scooters. cheap to maintain and acquire, cheap insurance, light, easy to lug around, tipid sa gas, madali i-park, madami din pagpipilian - Honda Beat/Click/PCX/Airblade, Yamaha Mio/Aerox/Nmax, etc

400cc and above - naked bikes or scooters. pwede sa expressway, practical, relatively easy to use, comfortable, economical, mejo marami din pagpipilian like Kymco S400, Yamaha TMAX, KTM 390, Honda CB650/CB500, Kawasaki Z650, Versys Family, etc.

** 600cc+ leisure bikes - sports bikes, bobbers, cafe racers, 900/1000cc bikes, adventure bikes, etc. Not really suggested as  your first bike, has 1 or more disadvantage than you'd like, hassle sa traffic, mabigat, usually mataas seat height (especially sportbikes, some nakeds, adventure bikes), lakas sa gas, mahal insurance, most often than not mga "weekend bikes" mga to. in short, tiis pogi. hehe Examples -Yamaha R6/R1/XSR900/XSR700/MT09/MT10/Bolt, Kawasaki ZX6R/ZX10R/Versys 1000/Ninja 1000/Vulcan, BMW S1000RR/S1000R/S1000XR/F900/GS1250/GS750, Ducati V4/Multistrada/Panigale/Hypermotard, Aprilla Tuono/RSV4/RS660, Honda Fireblade/CBR1000/CB1000/ADV 750/Rebel. These are the usual bikes you see roaming every weekend sa NLEX/SLEX.

and lastly, kung mag decide kayo mag motor, please do yourselves a favor and get good protective gears - at least helmet and jacket, pero ideally head-to-toe sana. :)

On 5/4/2022 at 11:01 PM, Panibugho said:

All my life, di ko nakahiligan mag-motor. NIlampasan ko college and 30's ko ng hindi nahilig sa motor, and samen magbabarkada dito, ako lang walang motor, hahaha. I was fine with that though..

Until recently, siguro a month ago or less, I had this weird vibe. Parang gusto ko matuto mag-motor, kumuha ng license. Currently lurking in FB Marketplace looking for bikes like Yamaha R3/R15 or Honda CBR 150. Haven't pulled the trigger, just found it weird.

Could be passing fancy, but then...

Here’s a tip for those that want to get into manual motorcycles.

it’s much easier to operate a higher cc bike than a smaller one because it takes less effort to balance the clutch and throttle. The stop and go traffic is the most difficult part of riding so having less things to worry about will boost your confidence as a rider. Another caveat of learning from a low cc bike -150 and below- is that you won’t be able to appreciate the importance of throttle control since you’ll always be using high revs to make any power. The sweet spot for beginners would be the 400 - 650 segment but whatever you do, do not get a 600.

On 5/13/2022 at 6:53 PM, viii said:

Here’s a tip for those that want to get into manual motorcycles.

it’s much easier to operate a higher cc bike than a smaller one because it takes less effort to balance the clutch and throttle. The stop and go traffic is the most difficult part of riding so having less things to worry about will boost your confidence as a rider. Another caveat of learning from a low cc bike -150 and below- is that you won’t be able to appreciate the importance of throttle control since you’ll always be using high revs to make any power. The sweet spot for beginners would be the 400 - 650 segment but whatever you do, do not get a 600.

1200 CC yung sa daddy ko, he's been saying na gamitin ko, fuck, ang bigat bigat and nakakatakot baka masemplang...

I told him to sell his bike then bili siya nung mga YAMAHA na AUTOMATIC na 400-500CC alam ko mayrun na ganun eh..

I have an NMAX v2 kasi kaya sarap na sarap ako dun gamitin,