Motorcycles and Scooters

Good day mga sir, hingi lang sana ako ng opinion niyo, mas okay ba na mag big bike agad ako or scoot muna. Never drove a motorcycle ever. Eyeing ninja400 or cbr650 for bigbike. Hope you can help me mga idol. Thank you! 

P. S. 

Planning to take honda motorcycle driving course din. 

On 4/9/2022 at 12:27 AM, betislife said:

Good day mga sir, hingi lang sana ako ng opinion niyo, mas okay ba na mag big bike agad ako or scoot muna. Never drove a motorcycle ever. Eyeing ninja400 or cbr650 for bigbike. Hope you can help me mga idol. Thank you! 

P. S. 

Theres a large price gap between cbr650r and Ninja400, at least 150k. 

I youre after practicality, I would choose which one that can take a rack to mount a topcase/box. You can skip getting a scooter entirely once you have topbox on a 400-650cc bike. Nevermind the topbox if ur a weekend rider

It would alse depend who ur riding with if ur gonna go with a group. It would be wise to have a more or less similarly priced/powered bikes cause you can get hit by "severe upgraditis" - upgrading to new vehicle altogether. 

Edited by Jun_dg

Just to add id take a honda cbr500r, since I think your after the sportsbike styling.

Firstly, it can take a topcase rack.

Theyre new for 2022, (dual disc front brakes)

Only costs 30k more than Ninja400, and 170k less than cbr650r

Theyre 47Hp and a legitimate expressway bike (471cc vs 399cc for Ninja400).

*The 47hp is a magic number for A2 License in European countries. It might not mean anything here but thats what they allow new motorcycle riders to have for a few years before they can get full license. 

Edited by Jun_dg
A2 license

P. S. 

Better if you settle to a manual naked bike first within 150cc to 200cc range since di ka pa nakakapagdrive ng motorcycle. Take rider courses, and invest in proper gears. Then from there if confident ka na, saka ka na mag bigbike. Try mo din mag sportbike and mag naked bike na low displacement muna para malaman mo alin yung para sayo talaga.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Winner! (+1) 1
On 4/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, Jun_dg said:

Just to add id take a honda cbr500r, since I think your after the sportsbike styling.

Firstly, it can take a topcase rack.

Theyre new for 2022, (dual disc front brakes)

Only costs 30k more than Ninja400, and 170k less than cbr650r

Theyre 47Hp and a legitimate expressway bike (471cc vs 399cc for Ninja400).

*The 47hp is a magic number for A2 License in European countries. It might not mean anything here but thats what they allow new motorcycle riders to have for a few years before they can get full license. 

On 4/10/2022 at 1:47 PM, Arinola said:

Better if you settle to a manual naked bike first within 150cc to 200cc range since di ka pa nakakapagdrive ng motorcycle. Take rider courses, and invest in proper gears. Then from there if confident ka na, saka ka na mag bigbike. Try mo din mag sportbike and mag naked bike na low displacement muna para malaman mo alin yung para sayo talaga.

thanks for the insights and for sharing knowledge mga idol, highly appreciate it. solo lang naman ang use ko for it, need lang talaga for expressway, medyo nahihirapan na kasi ako makihitch sa company shuttle eh. So in summary, need ko expressway legal, just asking for people's insights kung skip or go muna for lower cc motorcycle. 

P. S. 

Skip the advice about low cc bikes, go straight for the n400. The main problem with bikes 200cc and below is that you need to rev them high to make any power, which is bad for beginners as it wont help you develop proper throttle control. 400 or 650 parallel is the way to go.

• Winner! (+1) 1