Collector's Items

shyboy

Just dropped by a hobby shop the other day and I saw a green lantern replica ring, dunno how much but It was way cool

Something like this saw it also on ebay

What do you think?

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7631/gl23zz.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5241/glring18wd.jpg

Edited by kUrTsKY
Ser Revi

Ano po ba yung mga sinasabing condition ng NBA cards at Comics?

May nakikita kasi akong nakasulat na Mint condition, ordinary, etc

There are usually levels.. but it depends on the comic/card grading company..but I will give you the usual levels:

Gem Mint - this means the condition of the item is almost as if it came out of the printing press.. free of smudge.. perfect colors.. perfect centering.. no creases.. damages..

Near Mint+-Mint - condition is almost perfect but has certain defects (e.g., centering, colors, etc.).. usually only minor blemishes that would not be seen easily by the naked eye.. or if you won't analyze the card or comics on all angles..

Near Mint(minus) - condition is kinda blemished and can easily be seen.. ex. would be creases, obvious centering and color problems..

VG - halata na talaga at usually sira na ang edges nung card or with comics naman may tatak na pangalan or price tags sa front page.. or sobrang dami nung mga creases..

Good/Fair/Poor - wasak na yung comic/card.. not necessarily ripped through sheds or punit punit but more of sira yung ibang pages.. sa card nman folded, etc..

*** One more thing.. I haven't seen a comic graded gem mint.. Its usually Mint copies that I have seen.. I do think that comics are more difficult to maintain in good condition than cards.. But card grading companies (in my opinion) are stricter in their grading policies than Comic Grading Companies..

Say, this card that I recently bought (please see below).. a Tim Duncan RC Chrome Refractor.. the edges are perfect.. the card is smudge free.. colors have not faded.. but it is kinda off centered.. If I will grade the card it would be at around Near Mint (plus) to Mint.. But if I wanna have it graded professionally.. I have to send it to the States.. Then they will place it in a plastic container and have the grade stated above the plastic..

I have a Jordan autographed card that is graded Mint (9) by Beckett Grading Services.. and the autograph was also graded at 10 Pristine.. This would make the card more valuable than your usual un-graded card.. That Jordan is worth 500.00USD in the price guide.. If graded it should amount to +200USD dollars more.. Bale 700USD.. See the difference?

Marami pang instances/factors to make a card/comic be graded below what you are thinking.. Grading a card/comic is a risk.. it can lower the value.. but it can (usually - esp. for the new cards/comics) increase its value plus its saleability.. But it would also cost you a buck or two to have your cards and comics graded.. Dollars yan plus shipping and handling pa.. So, I don't have my cards and comics graded.. I just buy some graded cards but usually dun na ako sa magagandang grade.. ;)

post-75683-1151212393.jpg

oops maling thread pala na click ko.

madami pa akong nba cards. natigil ako nung nanakaw sakin yung complete set ng kevin garnet rookie cards. lahat ng card brands andun and lahat ng sets basta rookie card ni garnet nandun. ninakaw.

huhuhu pati yung tops finest na ang mahal na ngayon .. huhuhu

So I guess Near mint pala yung mga card ko kasi ala naman mga damages yung sides nya.

Tama po ba?

I sure hope so.. Joke lang!!! I would assume that they are in near mint to mint siguro after I saw the pictures.. Naka-binder naman eh.. And I think you kept them well..

Hi Revi! I got lots of Jason Kidd NBA cards. Actually it was my younger brother who collected them during his highschool days. Could you pls. tell me if these cards are valuable today.

It depends.. Jason Kidd's Rookie cards still sell if they are in good conditions especially his Finest RC.. Its still at a high price of $25.00 and the refractor version is still at a whopping $150. Meron ba kayo niyan? His other RCs do not sell that much.. But there are still collectors who get them.. His inserts (die-cuts, foil cards..) are not too hot anymore.. His 2nd year and above cards do not really sell anymore especially if they contain pictures of Kidd in a Mavs or a Suns jersey.. Nowadays, his cards wearing a Nets uni na lang talaga ang nabebenta..

For those who have old cards.. yung mga regular or common cards are not really hot anymore.. Usually kids buy them but the collectors.. nope.. I don't even buy common cards of Tim Duncan.. I get them kung ibibigay lang sa akin or I buy them kung magandang tingnan (ex. EX, SPX brands) or kung meron akong ipapartner na numbered version or variant sa binder..

I have an autographed card of Jason Kidd in his college uni.. But I can't seem to find its price.. Got it for Php700 bucks waaaaay back.. around 1999 yata yun.. I am not selling it though.. Tagal na sa akin nung card and I find it rare.. Haven't seen a card like that in another collector's binder..

Hope I answered your query, mr. the_Shadow.. ;)