shyboy

Ser Revi penge isa :)

:D

Guys.... an event to look-out for:

THE FIFTH PHILIPPINES

Toys, Hobbies & Collectibles

CONVENTION 2006

June 17-18, SM Megamall, Megatrade Hall 2

Looks like this convention would be a big event.. Mga 2 months na siguro since I received an invitation from a friend who owns a franchise of FILBARs.. Madami-dami na sponsors ang sumali sa event na ito..

Will see if I could drop by.. Dunno kung may entrance fee ito.. Sana wala.. ;)

This is the card that started my Duncan collection.. I got a similar card from a pack of Press Pass-Double Threat 1997 Cards waaaay back in 1997.. This card was priced at USD250 at that time.. but went down when the jersey craze died and stabilized at the USD100 mark..

It is a very very difficult card to obtain as it is seeded at 1:720 packs.. This is one of my most cherished Duncan cards.. Mine is numbered to 151 out of 400..

Here it is, fellas.. A card that has a swatch of Duncan's Wake Forest game used Jersey (College Jersey).. :D

post-75683-1150311125.jpg

Punta ko sa convention na yan.

Sana merong sale.

But most likely tingin tingin lang ako.

Sana may naka-sale.. Sabi ng friend ko regular na daw na may back issue sale ng comics dun and some opened toys.. Last time I went to a convention in megamall was about 4-5 years ago and that was a card (Magic and NBA) convention..

Hope to be able to find some stuff na kailangan ko at a cheap price.. :boo:

Sir Revi baka Sat mga 3:30pm andon ako.

Mybe we could meet along with the others......

Makabenta kayo ako ng cards don?

Baka sa Sunday pa ang dating ko dun dre.. Saturday is a trading day in Galleria (Courtside store) for NBA card enthusiasts and "smackers.." I have to be there coz I am meeting up with somebody there.. If you wanna meet up with collectors sa NBA.. hwag sa Megamall.. sa Galleria ka pumunta.. Saturday around 2:00 and up.. :D

Wanna share another Tim Duncan autographed card I have.. In my opinion this is the best autographed card of TD that I have.. Napakaganda at makapal ang pirma niya.. Ganda!!! It may be not the most expensive but its the most beautiful..

post-75683-1150524865.jpg

Edited by revi
Ano balita sa Toy Convention???

Dami ko ginagawa sa school, try ko tmrw.

Ser Revi wag kang mangiingit :)

Dre, FR/kwento lang ako.. Hindi ako mag-iingit coz wala naman talaga akong binili na "wow" items eh..

Just came from the convention.. was able to see a bunch of my fellow collectors (of comics, toys and cards) there.. But was actually shopping for some comics that I missed when I stopped my comic collection at around 1996.. In other words, naghahanap ng bargain stuff.. Was also looking for (loose) cheap Spider Man figures but was not so lucky..

Was able to buy the Hush storyline of Batman (all copies were first printings, except for the last ish) for just Php2K.. That is kinda cheap considering the Hush came out at around 2003-2004 and is now being sold at around 3-4K a set.. Parang binili ko lang ng retail price each eh.. :)

Another comic book set I bought was the New Avengers 1-6 for just a measly 800 bucks.. Variant pa yung first ish.. Ewan ko ba? A set of that would take you at around Php2-2.5K eh.. :) Parang cover prices lang yun eh.. At ang isang variant would usually be sold at around Php1K.. Eh dun kasama na yung variant Php800 lang eh.. Galing!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Nilibot ko yung buong Toy Con.. And init.. at ang daming tao.. Entrance was at Php60.. Was almost going to buy those sets in one shop good thing naglibot ako.. coz I got those sets at a cheap price.. Sayang nga eh.. Coz the seller had the Green Lantern Re-Birth set at Php600 lang at yung Batman: Year One at Php1.2K lang.. Those sets are being sold at 1.5K each.. Sayang at hindi ko inabutan.. :wacko:

What caught my attention was an old set of a Voltes V toy that was displayed there (the owner was JAE Collectibles - the shop at Megamall).. He had 2 sets complete with boxes.. Grabe!!! Naka-display lang and its stated there that its not for sale.. Its not the price that I am salivating but its the rarity.. Yabang! hehehe!!!

All in all, I had a blast.. Just stayed for over an hour.. coz my wife is just waiting for me outside the megatrade hall.. And I promised her that I would buy her some clothes.. Ayun.. syempre I succumbed to her wishes para lang hindi niya pakialamanan ang aking mga binili..

Paktay na naman wallet ko.. :(

Edited by revi
Wow Ser Revi you must be a rich guy. heheheheheheh....

Bc sa school, ala bang mga Gundams or Anime VCDs???

Malamang kasi yon ang bibilhin ko. Kung pumunta man ako don, mga 2k lang ang max na gastos ko.

Gundams and Anime Vids? Ang dami at nagkalat.. You should have gone.. Baka yung 2K mo na balak mo gastusin would buy you a lot.. Ang alam ko kasi medyo binagsak na nila ang presyo nung bandang 8-9pm na eh.. Andun ako from 7 to around 8:15..

I am not rich dude.. I just set my priorities.. my family, my collections, and then girls on the side.. bwehehehe!!! Just joking.. Just wait til you graduate dude.. then money would just come easily.. Sure yan dude.. ;) Just work hard.. I am already 32 dude.. kaya alam ko yan..

Nakakatawa nga eh.. Yknow kung ano ang mabili dun? NBA Cards na tig-sa-sampung piso up to 50 bucks.. In other words, commons.. Why? Coz iisang shop lang ang nakita ko that sells sports cards with toys as well.. Sabi nga sa akin ng friend ko (he owns the shop) that kung alam lang niya kinuha niya lahat ng NBA cards niya at binenta niya dun..

Kuya Yugi

Nagcocolect nga din pala ako ng Jordan Shoes, yung mga nabibili sa Green Hills every 6months bili ako bago.

Merong akong

Jordan 12

Jordan 17

Jordan 18

Jordan 19

Jordan 20

Tapos yung Team Jordan Retro.

Di ko alam kung orig yon, 1k-1.5k lang bili ko. Yung Jordan 12 ko alam ko Orig, 5k bili ko sa Sm.

Nauso yan nung Hi School ako Nagsimula ang NIKE na maglabas ng Signature shoes nakinalokohan ng mga basketball fanatic who's feeling na if they wear the shoes ay gagaling sila parang si Jordan.(hmmm....parang isang scene sa SPACE JAM). Well di me nahilig sa basketball coz from the star i really like guns and speed shooting ang pangarap kong sports ( hangang ngayon pangarap pa rin....) and guess wats my favorite target........BASKETBALL PLAYERS......hehehehehehe :evil:

By the way, bakit ka nagkawarning???? Mukhang nabura ah....yung sa akin di na natangal eh......