Collector's Items

shyboy

Kudos to Revi! Apparently, he has done well in collecting and investing basketball cards. I've been unlucky in investing on cards. I used to have truckloads of Penny Hardaway cards (back in the 90s). Those cards are totally worthless now (while Penny is cashing in on a 15 Million dollar pay check this year!). I also speculated on Shareef Abdur-Rahim. I bought Rahim rookie cards for about 5 pesos to 10 pesos only back in the 90s. I thought he was going to be a huge 20-10 guy with tremendous value on collector's items. This guy was rock solid on the court -- but not on the collector's market. I think the only collections I have now which have some solid worth are my MJ cards, Shaquille cards and Kobe cards. The others have gone bust.

Revi -- what's your take on KG cards? Still on the way up or time to sell? :)

Many thanks..

Dude, if you have an autographed card of Penny.. Hold on to it.. coz it still sells nicely in the market.. Also his Finest rookie card lalo na kung may refractor na Finest RC ka.. It still commands a premium.. coz these cards are rare..

There is no concrete advise to be given if you want to invest in a player.. Merong pitfalls because of injury.. I have my own share of investing and going bust.. Like si Dajuan Wagner.. Dajuan who? :lol:

With regards to Kevin Garnett cards.. His rookie cards have stabilized now after they have gone up after he won the MVP 3 years ago.. His Topps Finest RC can still be sold at Php2K+++.. Sad to say, his inserts at autographs na hind rookie year have stayed the same.. I would say that its not yet time to sell coz he is not hot now.. But the potential is still there especially if he transfers to a contender.. And I doubt kung bababa pa ang presyo ng mga cards ni KG.. So, my take is, hold on to them and just sell them if bumulusok siya ulit.. Worth the gamble naman eh.. I do think there are plans of him transfering to the Lakers.. Just hope so, for his own sake.. Partnering with Kobe can do wonders to his career and to his cards as well.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Case in point.. Dirk Nowitzki's cards are selling like hot cakes now in e-bay.. His autographed card that is valued at USD40.00 in Beckett is being sold at around USD200.. way above book value di ba? Kahit cards ni Dwyane Wade ngayon sobrang high ng demand.. ;)

I saw some promise in the game of Raymond Felton.. The rookie Point Guard from the Charlotte Bobcats.. I bought several rookie cards of Felton.. and got one of his most prized RCs.. (as pictured below: got the card at Php750.00 only).. around USD30-60 yata ito sa price guide..

I shared this to you guys so that you would have an idea how the rookie cards of today look like.. (autographed na ang mga mahal - hindi kamukha noon na puros Topps Chrome lang at Finest ang mahal)..

Rather than investing much on Chris Paul (this year's rookie of the year), whose cards are flying off the shelf.. I'd rather invest in Granger or Felton RCs whose RCs are not that high as compared to Paul's.. at least may chance pa na tumaas ang mga ito.. dahil sa upside ng mga players na ito.. Especially si Danny Granger (of Indiana) whose cards are way-below his hype..

This is a sample of an SPX Rookie Card of Raymond Felton.. numbered ito to 750 only..

post-75683-1149833762.jpg

I saw some promise in the game of Raymond Felton.. The rookie Point Guard from the Charlotte Bobcats.. I bought several rookie cards of Felton.. and got one of his most prized RCs.. (as pictured below: got the card at Php750.00 only).. around USD30-60 yata ito sa price guide..

I shared this to you guys so that you would have an idea how the rookie cards of today look like.. (autographed na ang mga mahal - hindi kamukha noon na puros Topps Chrome lang at Finest ang mahal)..

Rather than investing much on Chris Paul (this year's rookie of the year), whose cards are flying off the shelf.. I'd rather invest in Granger or Felton RCs whose RCs are not that high as compared to Paul's.. at least may chance pa na tumaas ang mga ito.. dahil sa upside ng mga players na ito.. Especially si Danny Granger (of Indiana) whose cards are way-below his hype..

This is a sample of an SPX Rookie Card of Raymond Felton.. numbered ito to 750 only..

Danny Granger is hyped as another Scottie Pippen. Could be another winner right there. :thumbsupsmiley:

Hard Evangelista - Tabi mo muna bro, tama si Revi wait for him to get hot ulit. Benta natin sa ebay ko.

Revi - looks like pareho predictions natin bro sa mga up and coming stars. Got loads of Felton and Granger autos. I even got the orange variant jersey of the card you have. May dalawa pang puputok dyan si Charlie Villanueva and Gerald Green. Suggestions ko lang sa mga gusto mag-invest magtabi na kayo ng Dwight Howard RC autos, Josh Howard RC autos, Jason Terry Spx RC autos. For Spurs fans now is the time to buy! Habang mura! Babawi ulit yan next year! For Detroit collectors naman... now is the time to think about whether collection yan talaga or investment. Kobe is still a safe bet. Maganda pa din ang hobby sa kanya and madali ng bumili ng auto(unlike during the lakers three-peat).

MJ, Dwade, Dirk(definitely will reach the 100++ mark in beckett), TD and LBJ will be a safe bet to invest on this coming off season. As for the next batch of rookies...what do think of Rudy Gay Revi???

Revi - looks like pareho predictions natin bro sa mga up and coming stars. Got loads of Felton and Granger autos. I even got the orange variant jersey of the card you have. May dalawa pang puputok dyan si Charlie Villanueva and Gerald Green. Suggestions ko lang sa mga gusto mag-invest magtabi na kayo ng Dwight Howard RC autos, Josh Howard RC autos, Jason Terry Spx RC autos. For Spurs fans now is the time to buy! Habang mura! Babawi ulit yan next year! For Detroit collectors naman... now is the time to think about whether collection yan talaga or investment. Kobe is still a safe bet. Maganda pa din ang hobby sa kanya and madali ng bumili ng auto(unlike during the lakers three-peat).

MJ, Dwade, Dirk(definitely will reach the 100++ mark in beckett), TD and LBJ will be a safe bet to invest on this coming off season. As for the next batch of rookies...what do think of Rudy Gay Revi???

With regards to Gerald Green, derrick.. Hindi na yata investment si Green eh.. Ang taas ng bentahan dito sa atin eh.. I have his auto as well.. Was speculating.. But just like Dorrell Wright of Miami hindi kaya ma-bangko lang ito next year.. Coz you know in the hobby.. mahirap ang bumili ng mahal na cards ng isang player na puros potential.. Medyo mataas ang bentahan ni Green eh.. Sana kung mababa.. Like Monta Ellis for example.. Don't get me wrong, though Green can definitely play.. and has tons and loads of potential.. Well, time would tell..

But you are right with Dwight Howard.. Mabababa pa ang cards niya.. at I think a lot of potential can be seen in him.. Although, wala ako masyadong RCs ni Howard.. I have his auto though.. 2nd year nga lang..

Danny Granger, in my opinion, has the most potential in the hobby coz his cards are not really being bought that high in e-bay or here..

Rudy Gay? I dunno dre.. I am thinking of Adam Morrisson more.. Coz I could see potential that he might be billed as a Larry Bird.. Definitely, Morrisson, Gay, Adridge, JJ Reddick will be the hobby hot rookies next year.. Can't wait for OJ Mayo..

yeah, im into comics as well.. though not much into Marvel Comics. Personally, I like the DC universe better.  <_<

Hey Hard, I also collect comic books.. but mostly Marvel ako.. I am more into Spider Man stuff.. Maganda yung Civil War story line ng Marvel.. DC's Infinite Crisis was kinda a dissapointment.. Did not really disrupted the DC Universe.. Well, haven't read my issues of the 52 Weeks Storyline of DC.. Hope it lives up to its hype..

How interesting, we have the same interests.. NBA and comicbooks..

I was also in comics collecting. Marvel and DC universe. My collection worth mentioning is Alternate-X. A special event last 1995, where Prof. X was killed in the past by his son, Legion. Magneto was the one who organized the X-Men to honor his friend, Xavier.

Dun nagspawn yung mga titles na X-Man atbp. Ganda ng story. Anyone here who knows kung magkano na to ngayon?

Ser Revi is it true na dapat yung mga first issues ang cinocollect?

If you browse through Wizard (A Guide To Comics).. The #1 issues do have prices beyond our imagination.. Action Comics #1, Amazing Spider Man #1.. to name a few..

But is it safe to say that the first issues are a safe bet that you are investing in a winner? I have to say no or only on a case to case basis.. Usually, first issues do have premiums but right now that there are a lot of #1's running around.. I have to say that it is not a sure bet.. Ang pinakamaganda ay you have to read comics and find out the issue that would introduce a character that has lots of potential.. (case in point, Impulse in Flash, Bishop, Gambit in the X-Men.. Rogue was introduced in Avengers Annual #10).. or an event that could make very big consequences in the universe like DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths.. or the first issues of a great artist like Jim Lee or Todd McFarlane..

Unlike comic books, sports cards are easier to speculate on.. coz you have to watch a player's potential and do not really have to spend many days and nights reading di ba? But comics just like card collecting involves risk (which means lows and highs)..

The most important thing in comic book collecting is you enjoy to read the storylines and enjoy the artwork.. Kung your just in it for investment purposes baka mas madalas kayong masunog than kumita.. Kaya delikado if you buy mulitple copies of a single issue..

Attached isa pic of one of my rookie cards of Danny Granger.. I also have an SPX Autographed Granger rookie card.. As I have said, his cards are still low.. Like this one.. Only got this for 600 bucks..

Hope, Granger exceeds his expectations.. I believe that he can be a very very big contributor for the Pacers.. Hope he remains injury free.. Injuries barred him for being a top 10 pick in last year's draft.. ;)

post-75683-1149920396.jpg

Attached is the picture of a card I recently won in e-bay (today).. Haven't seen or touched the card yet but it is something that I really need for my Duncan collection.. I just hope that the seller and myself would be able to meet up soon so that I could have the card already..

This is a Topps Chrome RC Refractor of Tim Duncan.. People were trying to trade this with my Vince Carter Platinum Medallion Rookie Card #d to 66.. Hindi ako pumayag before coz there were high discrepencies in prices as the Duncan card is only at $100 and the VC at that time was in the $600 mark.. Good thing I did not coz now the Carter card is sitting at $250 and the Duncan card is just at $100.00.. Manloloko talaga ang mga smackers kadalasan.. Haaaay!!!

Here's the card:

post-75683-1149947801.jpg

Its me again, just want to share my recent purchase.. today as well.. An Allen Iverson autographed card.. #d to 224.. Sweet card.. Another card for my ever growing autographed card collection.. Got it for Php5,500.00.. :D

post-75683-1149948004.jpg

Edited by revi
With regards to Gerald Green, derrick.. Hindi na yata investment si Green eh.. Ang taas ng bentahan dito sa atin eh.. I have his auto as well.. Was speculating.. But just like Dorrell Wright of Miami hindi kaya ma-bangko lang ito next year.. Coz you know in the hobby.. mahirap ang bumili ng mahal na cards ng isang player na puros potential.. Medyo mataas ang bentahan ni Green eh.. Sana kung mababa.. Like Monta Ellis for example.. Don't get me wrong, though Green can definitely play.. and has tons and loads of potential.. Well, time would tell..

But you are right with Dwight Howard.. Mabababa pa ang cards niya.. at I think a lot of potential can be seen in him.. Although, wala ako masyadong RCs ni Howard.. I have his auto though.. 2nd year nga lang..

Danny Granger, in my opinion, has the most potential in the hobby coz his cards are not really being bought that high in e-bay or here..

Rudy Gay? I dunno dre.. I am thinking of Adam Morrisson more.. Coz I could see potential that he might be billed as a Larry Bird.. Definitely, Morrisson, Gay, Adridge, JJ Reddick will be the hobby hot rookies next year.. Can't wait for OJ Mayo..

Hey Hard, I also collect comic books.. but mostly Marvel ako.. I am more into Spider Man stuff.. Maganda yung Civil War story line ng Marvel.. DC's Infinite Crisis was kinda a dissapointment.. Did not really disrupted the DC Universe.. Well, haven't read my issues of the 52 Weeks Storyline of DC.. Hope it lives up to its hype..

How interesting, we have the same interests.. NBA and comicbooks..

yeah.. same hobbies. :) though I'm not into Marvel comics that much. I kinda stopped midway JMS' spiderman run. as for cards, ive stopped na. nalulugi lang ako eh. hehe

Again, its me, just wanna share my recent purchase.. for just Php1900++.. This is an Octo Jersey of Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire, Kenyon Martin.. etc.. and of course, Tim Duncan.. This card is being sold at around 2,500 to 3,000 pesos.. Cheap ko lang nakuha..

Here is pic #1.. (front of card)

post-75683-1150275765.jpg