Blizzard: Starcraft 2

Darkliquid

@Sir Galahad®

Yes. I believe Koreans have the "Professional Edition" wherein they are allowed to have a LAN connection. Can't blame Blizzard for that.. they can really make a lot of money from Korean fanatics. Even Korean Air has its planes printed with a StarCraft II picture.

@Intense Lover

Patch everytime you play? I only patched 2 or 3 times since I bought it, as well as with my friends. And Battle.Net is always up aside from maintenance periods. Did they have a server maintenance this morning?

Yeah its somehow inconvenient not having an internet connection to play StarCraft II. However, you can always buy (or borrow from friends) one of the prepaid net services (Smart Bro, Globe Tattoo, etc.) to play the game. It's just an initial authentication. And buying StarCraft II means spending 3,500PHP... likely that you can also afford an internet connection.

@Sir Galahad®

Yes. I believe Koreans have the "Professional Edition" wherein they are allowed to have a LAN connection. Can't blame Blizzard for that.. they can really make a lot of money from Korean fanatics. Even Korean Air has its planes printed with a StarCraft II picture.

@Intense Lover

Patch everytime you play? I only patched 2 or 3 times since I bought it, as well as with my friends. And Battle.Net is always up aside from maintenance periods. Did they have a server maintenance this morning?

Yeah its somehow inconvenient not having an internet connection to play StarCraft II. However, you can always buy (or borrow from friends) one of the prepaid net services (Smart Bro, Globe Tattoo, etc.) to play the game. It's just an initial authentication. And buying StarCraft II means spending 3,500PHP... likely that you can also afford an internet connection.

Ah really?! O_o

Oh...wow then I guess there's something wrong with the version at the Cafe I rent at :P Fail eh...keeps on patching but I can't play. No maps show up when I click on multi-player and what not. Also there's a message that keeps on popping up: "Your version of Starcraft 2 is not authentic. Please purchase the original version online blah blah blah blah...." -,....,-

@Sir Galahad®

@Intense Lover

http://koreagames.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/starcraft2jet.jpg

Guest hastati

I was just wondering. Why are there no protoss or zerg missions? That leviathan that the zerg has is difficult to k*ll. 4 battlecruisers at full upgrade ain't enough.

I was just wondering. Why are there no protoss or zerg missions? That leviathan that the zerg has is difficult to k*ll. 4 battlecruisers at full upgrade ain't enough.

There are a few protoss missions (when Raynor views the memory crystal)

The Zerg Missions will come at the next Expansion - Starcraft 2 - Heart of the Swarm

The Protoss Missions will be released with Starcraft 2 - Legacy of the Void

Guest hastati

The Zerg Missions will come at the next Expansion - Starcraft 2 - Heart of the Swarm

Thanks dude. I just remembered I played the Zeratul mission. Have you tried using specters coz I chose the ghosts instead of the specters? Do they also have nuclear bomb capability?

Thanks dude. I just remembered I played the Zeratul mission. Have you tried using specters coz I chose the ghosts instead of the specters? Do they also have nuclear bomb capability?

Both can still use nuclear strike

Ghosts have more HP - 100, Spectres have 80 HP

Spectres deal more Damage - 15 (+5 against armored) vs. Ghosts who has 10 (+10 against light)

Spectres have Ultrasonic Pulse and Psionic Lash

Ghosts have Snipe and EMP Shot

I like Tosh's mind blast attack though :D

Guest hastati

Both can still use nuclear strike

Ghosts have more HP - 100, Spectres have 80 HP

Spectres deal more Damage - 15 (+5 against armored) vs. Ghosts who has 10 (+10 against light)

Spectres have Ultrasonic Pulse and Psionic Lash

Ghosts have Snipe and EMP Shot

I like Tosh's mind blast attack though :D

I didn't get to use Tosh coz I chose Nova over him. Maybe after I finish the missions, I'll revisit that stage which you choose between Tosh and Nova and I'll choose Tosh. I just had to help a damsel in distress. Hehe. I liked the cinematic where it showed Kerrigan being overrun by the zerg.

Edited by hastati

kelan release dates ng expansion? sabi na eh, perahan na naman ito ng Blizzard para may pondo sa pagtapos ng Diablo 3

Starcraft 2 Walkthrough

^ SPOILER ALERT.

I'm halfway done with the campaign (I think!) and although I've scanned thru the walkthrough eh madami din syang easter eggs and secret missions.

Anyway, that link includes strategies on playing custom games and skirmishes and how to win when playing against different opponents sa battle.net.

It's like chess though...you have this preset openings and "battle orders" for the specific races...I never knew I was actually using one until I read this... :D

Is the Yamato cannon of the battlecruisers advisable against Kerrigan when she goes near your base in the "all in" stage?

uhm, if you can get past the hydralisks and the mutalisks then yes I guess.

problem with battlecruisers is that they are soooooo slow...and the yamato gun does not reload as fast...

Guest hastati

There are no more mutalisks in the all in stage since I took out the zerg's air power in that mission which you choose which to take out, their air power or the nydus worms. Kerrigan is much more devastating in SC II than she was in SC I.

In battle.net, can I choose someone in a multi-player game who's more or less in my level? Preferably the mid-tiered caliber players.

Battle.net's matching system already does that. It pits you to players that are of your own league. Just click on the Quickmatch and let Battle.net search for the suitable opponent for you.