Greatest Single Performance From An Athlete

Guest bleeding_angel
jesse owens - 1936 berlin olympics - wins three (of four) gold medals in athletics. a black man who came into what was called 'hitler's olympics' - a supposed stage to show the world the surpremacy of the aryan race. at the, end jesse owens wins the respect and admiration of the german public

agree. james cleaveland "jesse" owens has my vote... :thumbsupsmiley:

lebron james 48 pts kanina

Yes.....Dun sa mga hindi nakapanuod iisipin nila na sisiw lang yung 48 points pero kung napanuod yung game...................................Grabe!!! Baluktot na yung ring ng detroit kakadunk ni Bron Bron nung closing minutes ng 4th quarter.....

Pati yung mga perimeter shots nung overtime grabeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Yes.....Dun sa mga hindi nakapanuod iisipin nila na sisiw lang yung 48 points pero kung napanuod yung game...................................Grabe!!! Baluktot na yung ring ng detroit kakadunk ni Bron Bron nung closing minutes ng 4th quarter.....

Pati yung mga perimeter shots nung overtime grabeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

O baka halikan mo na tumbong ni Lebron ha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wag na lang, ayaw ko sa Cavs, ang corny ng mga players :thumbsdownsmiley:

Panuodin mo yung game kanina hindi ka macocornihan........Lalo na dun sa ginawa ni Bron Bron.......Bastusan yun kanina......Sa home court pa ng pistons.........Kung ako sa pistons magpabugbug na lang sila ulit kay Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson kaysa yung ginawa ni Bron Bron........ :lol:

Edited by edc

i have to agree with most of what has been written here:

MJs flu game, 1997 finals

Magic's game 6, 1980 finals, where he started at center against Darryl dawkins (Moses Malone came to the 76ers in 1982-83 seasn) i am sure it was just an oversight on your part, Larry

Joe Montana and his superbowl winning pass to Dwight Clark in the late 80's (i-forget-what-year)

In golf, Jack Nicklaus, in 1986, at the age of 46, shooting a 65 in the final round of the Masters to come from behind and win his 6th Masters crown. He beat out Greg Norman that year, and became the only player to win a Masters in three different decades (60s, 70s and once in the 80s)

allan caidic scoring 68 points including 15 three point shots in a game against alaska in 1989.

and then scoring 79 points against ginebra in 1991.

Allan Caidic holds the all-time, one-game individual high scoring record in the PBA for local players. Caidic scored 79 points while playing for Presto Tivoli against Ginebra on November 21, 1991.

The record of having the most number of three-point shots in a single game belongs to former Tivoli hotshot Allan Caidic. Caidic accomplished this feat when he sank in 17 three-point shots while playing for the Tivoli against Ginebra on November 21, 1991.

1) Jim Thopre winning the Pentathlon and Decathlon in the 1912 Stockholm Olympics earning him the praise from Sweeden's King Gustav as the World's Greatest Athlete.

2) The Flying Finn, Paavo Nurmi winning 5 gold medals in middle and long distance running in the 1924 Paris Olympics. He won the 1,500 M and 5,000 M runs which were held only an hour apart. He also took gold in the individual cross country and the team events for the 3,000 M and cross country. Over all, he won 9 Gold Medals and three Silver medals in three Olympiads. In the 1920 Antwerp Games, he won gold in the 10,000 and 8,000 M cross country, team cross country and silver in 5,000 M run. He then took the 10,000 M Gold and the silver in the 5,000 M and 3,000 steeplechase in the 1928 Amsterdam Olympics. He could have probably added to his stash if he wasn't banned from competing in the 1932 Los Angeles games after being ruled as a professional.

3) Carl Lewis equalling Jesse Owens 1936 Berlin Olympics feat of winning 4 gold medals in the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. Lewis struck gold int he same events that Owens competed in, 100 M, 200 M, 4 x 100 M Relay and the long jump. Lewis will equal the Flying Finn's record of 9 gold medals in track and field by winning in latter Olympiads in the same events (Gold medal in the 100M, 1988 Seoul, 4x 100 M relay, 1992 Barcelona and the High Jump, 1988 Seoul, 1992 Barcelona and 1996 Atlanta. He also won a Silver medal in the 200 M in 1988 Seoul).

1) Jim Thopre winning the Pentathlon and Decathlon in the 1912 Stockholm Olympics earning him the praise from Sweeden's King Gustav as the World's Greatest Athlete.

Jim Thorpe is a monster, and was the first multi-sport athlete who excelled in each (Track and Field, Basketball, Football, and Baseball I think)

Greatest Single Performance by An Athlete:

Wilt Chamberlain's 100 point game is the most underrated individual performance of all time. Oh yeah and the 2 times he also grabbed 50 rebounds.

AND

Mike's Flu Game.

Runner Ups:

Game 6 of the 1998 Finals with Michael Jordan taking the last shot of his Bulls career. (Sentimental favorite)

Kobe's 81 point game (I'm not a Kobe fan but that was sick)

• 1 month later...

tnx for the tmac vid, that for me is the current greatest performance of his career, galing, grabe, 13pts in 33 seconds, to win the rockets the game..

if only he could do that in the playoffs then my rockets can finally enter the 2nd round of the playoffs hehe :D..