Greatest Single Performance From An Athlete

Not sure if this has been posted before:

Wilt Chamberlain's 100 points in one NBA game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilt_Chamberl..._100-point_game

Si Wilt Chamberlain kaya, ... 100 points sa NBA game

Partida wala pang 3 points nuon

guys 100 pts wilt chamberlain

Was Wilt a 3 pt shooter? Was he a Dirk Nowitzki? Anong partida dyan? Ever wonder why centers/forwards have high FG percentage? Ever wonder why Chamberlain was just around 50% free throw shooter? Do you think Shaq would gain anything by having a 3 pt shot compared to Chamberlain's time?

Just put it into perspective - http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/truth-about-wi...season-1313690/

Here's a few HUGE reasons why Wilt had such a monster season & a 100 point game.

- Horrible conditioning among players made for horrible defense, the worst in NBA history.

- Lack of athletic big men to challenge Wilt (Think of Dwight Howard playing a season in the WNBA).

- Offensive goaltending was legal at the time (Meaning Wilt could (And he did many times) touch,tip,dunk the ball while it was still on the rim (Think FIBA rules).

- Something people often fail to mention about Wilt's 100 point game is that his team intentionally fouled the Knicks (The only team in the league with 0 Hall-of-Famers) despite being up double digits to get the ball back for Wilt to score & they also called timeouts late in the game despite being up 20+.

Wilt is still great though! :thumbsupsmiley:

willis read (knicks team captain)....game 7 of the nba championship, lakers-knicks, not sure what year but it was early 70's. his knee got injured 2 games before that, didn't play in game 6 because of the injury....was doubtful for game 7....came out of the locker room (limping) just before tip off....started the game and scored his team's 1st 4 points....and didn't score again....i think he didn't even play the 2nd half anymore.

knicks ended up routing the lakers and winning the championship....talk about inspiring his team mates.

Edited by mild seven
  • 1 month later...

the babe's called shot. it was a home run hit in the 5th inning of game 3 of the 1932 World Series, held on 1 oct 1932 at wrigley field against the cubbies. during the at-bat, the babe made a pointing gesture, which existing film confirms, but the exact nature of his gesture is ambiguous. although neither fully confirmed nor refuted, the story goes that the babe pointed to the center field bleachers during the at-bat. it was supposedly a declaration that he would hit a home run to this part of the park. on the next pitch, the babe hit a dinger to center field.

Edited by xxxxdgnr8xxxx

rajon rondo-29 points, 18 rebounds, 13 assists in game 4 of the 2010 ecf.

nakita ba ninyo ginawa ni Rondo kahapon. Sinundot yung bola, hinabol, sinalubsob, pinulot habang nakadapa, tumayo at saka sinaksak.

For me that is the play of the season for the Celtics. When they win the NBA championship, that is the play that will symbolize the team this year.

rajon rondo-29 points, 18 rebounds, 13 assists in game 4 of the 2010 ecf.

nakita ba ninyo ginawa ni Rondo kahapon. Sinundot yung bola, hinabol, sinalubsob, pinulot habang nakadapa, tumayo at saka sinaksak.

For me that is the play of the season for the Celtics. When they win the NBA championship, that is the play that will symbolize the team this year.

No question, RR has been playing great this season and has been a main factor in the C's campaign this season. what he did in Game 3 could well be the play of the season ...

@ Hastati ... different name same old tune. Sensible ba yan? Ang topic Greatest Single Performance. Didn't know you can see the FUTURE coz you already know by now what RR's stats will be when they play the MAGIC tom 5/25 Manila time for you to say that will be his greatest performance.

Kim Yuna: 2010 Vancouver Olympics, 19 year old under pressure, heavy favorite, world record in figure skating, she completely dominated. First ever Olympic Gold Medal for South Korea and to top it all she's easy in the eyes!

Michael Jordan: Bulls vs. Utah finals game 6. Nuff' said.

Michael Phelps: 100 m butterfly in Beijing Olympics. The ending was epic.

Usain Bolt: 100 m in Beijing Olympics. Nuff' said.

Edited by jammerakwaii
Guest hastati

@ Hastati ... different name same old tune. Sensible ba yan? Ang topic Greatest Single Performance. Didn't know you can see the FUTURE coz you already know by now what RR's stats will be when they play the MAGIC tom 5/25 Manila time for you to say that will be his greatest performance.

it's obvious I was referring to game 4 of the boston-bleveland series. is it a big deal for you if i forgot to put one letter? don't sweat the small stuff. only pea-brained readers like you would make a big deal out of one missing letter and actually think that i could predict those numbers. :lol:

Edited by hastati

pete sampras nung inabot ng 5 sets tapos nagsusuka na sya.

diego corrales nung na-knockout nya si castillo.

bill wennington nung nag-combine sila ni jordan for 57 points para manalo. 55 kay jordan, 2 points kay wennington(assist from jordan), pero game winner yung kay bill, hehehe.

it's obvious I was referring to game 4 of the boston-bleveland series. is it a big deal for you if i forgot to put one letter? don't sweat the small stuff. only pea-brained readers like you would make a big deal out of one missing letter and actually think that i could predict those numbers. :lol:

WOW ... and now passing the BLAME of your FAULT to others. Why put the blame on the reader who took your post at face value? As I recall you have a history of not wanting people to interpret the meaning of your post RIGHT? And with your "what ifs" who wouldn't think that you've gone to predicting the future stats now. hehehehe

Well even a single letter counts a lot as it totally changed the meaning ... ECF is totally different from ECSF. ECF obviously refers to the Eastern Conference Finals and not the Semis.

Edited by CELTS
Guest hastati

it's obvious I was referring to game 4 of the boston-cleveland series. is it a big deal for you if i forgot to put one letter? don't sweat the small stuff. only pea-brained readers like you would make a big deal out of one missing letter and actually think that i could predict those numbers. :lol: