• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm ok na ba starting na

11K plus 130% night diff 150% holiday pay 14 months contract  ===>call center inbound

13K plus 130% night diff 150% holiday pay  + commission 6 months contract ===> outbound call center

16K starting ===> IT company

san to?

makalipat na nga ng career line

etellecare yung call center

accenture ung IT

i was wondering if anyone shares my opinion about 13th month pay.

while its great to have a nice little bonus at the end of the year to go christmas shopping, wouldn't it be better to get it spread out through out the year? some ideas:

1. the companies retaining 13th month pay actually get an interest free loan from employees because they are not obliged to pay the amount until the end of the year.

2. people are not not encouraged to save and therefore stunts learning the responsibility of cash planning.

3. It assumes that as an employee i have no better way to manage my finances except to splurge it all during chistmas.

anyway, some quick thoughts.

cheers all

a company is not obligated to teach an employee what he should do to his money. after all, that money now belongs to the employee. the two parties no longer have any obligations to each other.

playing purely on the mental aspect of it, a 13th month pay is designed to 'clean-up' a professional's personal financial condition at the end of each year. this is with the belief the he spent one whole year struggling to make ends meet. the fact that the holiday season coincides with the calendar year-end is neither here nor there.

as to financial rewards, it doesn't matter whether you give it lump at year-end or distributed throughout the year. it's present value is included in the computation for an employee's total package.

hey guys for those who are for looking for jobs right now we have have an opening!!!!

CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES-SYKES ASIA-MAKATI

*COLLEGE GRADUATES

*ANY COURSE

*COMMUNICATION SKILLS ARE EXCELLENT

*WILLING TO UNDERGO NIGHT SHIFT SCHEDULES

for those interested just PM me ok!!!!

Id like to go back to the reason why there's a 13th month pay. Based on PD 851 its the Season of Christmas wherein an opportune time for society to show its "concern" for the plight of the working masses so they may properly celebrate the holidays. On this concept alone, its clearly stated that 13th month pay should be given and consumed during the period of the holidays. Its the concern of the employee now, how he or she going to spend it.

In my opinion, this definition has been outgrown by the economic situation we have right now and also is abused by some employers i.e. packaging it to appear as another benefit to employees.

Here are the manifestations:

1. While its been true that it should be given at the end of the year, there are some employers who give it in two installments, on the months of May or June and December. Take note that the months May and June are high expenses months because of the enrollment season (try to see also how much is education today). Employees who are sending their children to school will be scampering for sources of funds, thanks to the 13th month (half the amount) given in advance.

2. Some employers hitched-hike on this situation. They make it appear that they are extending another kind of benefit to employees by providing them loans or advances payable by their 13th month pay instead of creating another benefit for this purpose.

We all know that 13th month pay is already baked at the start of the year because its part of the budgetted cost of the company.

Edited by Tokoy

interesting thread you got here, very informative

my turn naman to ask.

i just started working (barely 2 mos) for a company as a supervisor. during the orientation, i was informed that all employees are entitled for an o.t. pay provided that their salary hasn't reached the limit (e.g. 50,001) so no problem, loud and clear yun. ang nagpagulo sa part ko is when i filled my o.t., i was advised by our hr that am not entitled to it anymore since am a supervisor already. my contract did not stipulate that am not entitled, and am receiving below the limit wage (e.g. 50,000).

question, tama ba sila not to grant me my o.t.'s or am i wrong in my assumption. conflicting kase yung policies e

Good Day papabitch

Hows life lately?

You're right its really conflicting. I suggest you go back to your company's manual or better try to consult someone in HR who is credible enough to give you accurate information. I say this because in some companies supervisors are treated as middle managers who are not entitled to overtime pay although they have other perks to enjoy.

I believe that this was not properly communicated to you during the orientation. There are occasions, wherein HR would tend to become too broad in the orientation process. This is due to happen specially when one giving the orientation has been doing it for the rest of his/her life.

Job contracts of course would not discuss details of overtime pay. So dont worry about that.

hello. i finally got online again. :glasses: finally got to see the thread ive been wanting to see. glad to her its up. hello sirs!! ma'am!! anyway, hope to hear from you guys sometime again.

human resources ---> we take out the best in you.......in other words..we screw with your minds!!!

pao

the evolution of how HR view people:

In traditional point of view, people was viewed as merely workers who are out there to earn, somehow in the process they became more of a liability.

Then came another view, wherein people is considered as a resources an asset that is vital to the growth in an organization at this point - the personnel work has become the human resources work.

Recently, another viewpoint came up this time people is viewed as "KNOWLEDGE WORKERS" that they dont only earn income or a resources of the organization to be managed but they form part of the organization because of the Knowledge and Skills they possessed.

Just like any living organism ... HR work keeps on developing following the mutation process of people and organization...

ei! nice thread..

im a graduate of human resource management..but i work in a call center. sayang nga, ganda pa naman ng course ko. about the salary, yun din isa ko napansin,mababa nga ang starting sa HR,lalo na pag nalaman nilang fresh grad or wala pang work experience in HR. very interesting pag-aralan ang HR..daming functions but i find it very interesting.

well i agree with you sis, well me din I work na rin sa call center, usually the trend right now is call centers has high paying salaries...For the HR people kaya siguro mababa ang starting salasy kasi on the first place they are not a profit oriented department but i think companies must give priority sa mga HRD dept's. nila cause di ba tayo ngaproprovide ng people and we train them if the HR is not effective definitely the employees will not be productive also....Opinion lang po....

Hello...heard that you guys work in a call center. i used to be a team leader and officer at one before. they pay high but sometimes at what price. anyway, good luck. i agree with you Tammy that HR is very interesting. im a HR practitioner myself several years now. its a fun but most of the time thankless job. its fun anyways. Also, HR is a thankless but important asset of a company. Without that function, how do people improve, have better opportunities and benefits if HR doesnt exist or do its job well.

if you really want to pursue such, i can try to direct you to some people who are interested in people who are really interested in HR. just thought i could be of help, those who have the drive to learn and be in such. anyway, good luck ladies...hello peeps. Fearless! Django!! musta!!!

• 3 weeks later...
may alam ba kayo na hiring?

eLLo aishamitch...dito lang pala kita mahahanap...

alam ba ni bossing betong ito? hehehe... post ka naman sa ibang threads, tulad ng sa Eminem thread... plugging ba? sowee..

nweis... to stay OT (on topic,hehe)... try to log on to job sites as www.jobsdb.com or wwsw.trabaho.com... and buy... Manila Bulletin every Sunday... same with Inquirer... makakakita ka rin niyan...

cge ill look around sa ofics... secretary ok sa iyo? hehe biro lang... shempre IT related ang hanapin ko para sa iyo... :D

Guess who's back?,

Tim

Mga Friends, head, assistant, manager,supervisor,etc. sa HR thread( mga bosing) may question lang po ako:

ako ay isang empleyado dito sa isang banko. ngayon ang tanong ko ay ganito:

- paano po ako magsisimula para magtrabaho sa department ng HR?bilang isang HR assistant or clerk? ako po ay isang fresh grad. 2 months pa lang ako nagwowork dito sa banko bilang csr.nais ko po kasi maging career ang HRD dahil yun po ang tinapos kong kurso.

ano po ba nag una kong dapat na requirement? mayroon po ba kayong nais i share na dapat kong malaman? dapat po ba kong maging office staff muna o clerk?

may maipapayo po ba kayo? salamat po sa pagtuon ng pansin.

mabuhay ang HRD thread!

grace

Maraming mga openings ngayon sa jobstreet.com for various HR positions. Ano bang aspect ng HR ang gusto mong i pursue? Training and Development, Compensation and Benefits, Recruitment, o Organizational Development?

Anyway- the first step you should take is apply :)

Keep us posted for any developments.

Mga Friends, head, assistant, manager,supervisor,etc. sa HR thread( mga bosing) may question lang po ako:

ako ay isang empleyado dito sa isang banko. ngayon ang tanong ko ay ganito:

- paano po ako magsisimula para magtrabaho sa department ng HR?bilang isang HR assistant or clerk? ako po ay isang fresh grad. 2 months pa lang ako nagwowork dito sa banko bilang csr.nais ko po kasi maging career ang HRD dahil yun po ang tinapos kong kurso.

ano po ba nag una kong dapat na requirement? mayroon po ba kayong nais i share na dapat kong malaman? dapat po ba kong maging office staff muna o clerk?

may maipapayo po ba kayo? salamat po sa pagtuon ng pansin.

mabuhay ang HRD thread!

Hello Friend Grace

First, let me congratulate you for planning to join the HR bandwagon. Only few dared to take this journey.

I'm glad youre one of those willing soul.

Anyways, your question regarding how to start your HR career.

The fact that you're an HR graduate gives you the most advantageous position in the world. All you need to do is "constant" persistence. Now you have to consider if you want it pursued in your current company or in others.

If you decide to take the former then you have to wait until you will become a regular employee in that company. Although you can start expressing your interest by volunteering or participating any HR activities. Remember this is for pogi or ganda points dont expect renumeration in return. Rub elbows among this people. This will be your investment to be reapped in the future. Once regularized, express your intention and ask HRD if they have a crossposting program and volunteer to be part of it. This is now the jumping point of your HR career.

If you decide to take the latter. Then go hunt HR job in papers, net and others.

Thanks...

maraming salamat Tokoy.

nauunawaan ko na ang ibig mong sabihin. nais ko po kasing magconcentrate sa recruitment. nais ko po kasing palawakin pa ang aking kaalaman sa ganitong aspeto.

noong ako ay estudyante pa lamang, lagi akong nagtatanong sa ganitong paksa sa klase. kaya sa aking palagay, ay ito ang gusto kong gawing karera.

mahalaga po ang mga empleyado sa isang kompanya. kaya gusto ko mapaglingkuran at makatulong ang mga ito kung ako ay mabibigyan ng pagkakataon sa mga susunod na panahon.

mrami pong salamat sa lahat. :flower: