Houston Rockets

SoulMTC

what do you think of the rookies of the rockets after the 07 draft? carl landy, 6'7", aaron brooks, 6' 0", and brad newley, 6'6"..i thought the rockets were looking for big guys because they only have chuck hayes, dikembe mutombo and yao ming as their bigs, what the hell were the scouts of the rockets thinking? please convince me the picked well :D..

i really dunno what the rockets are up to drafting a guard in the first round. could it be that spanoulis is not coming back?

hopefully they'll be able to get a quality power forward via trade. (I'm hopeful for udonis haslem)

however, i do not see many of the rockets with trade value. (luther head, rafer alston, kirk snyder & bob sura)

available free agents pfs/centers: milicic, nocioni, pj brown (not really good prospects)

does anyone know anything about justin reed? (he was also acquired by the rockets together with mike james)

could he be a contributor?

i was looking at the rockets roster..eto ang perspective starting 5 nila..pg-rafer alston, sg-tmac, sf-shane battier, pf-chuck hayes, c-yao ming..

pg (5)- rafer alston (6'2"), mike james (6'3"), aaron brooks (6'0", rookie), luther head (6'2"), john lucas III (5'11")

sg (4)- tracy mcgrady (6'8"), kirk snyder (6'6"), vassilis spanoulis (6'4"), brad newley (6'6", rookie)

sf (3)- shane battier (6'8"), bonzi wells (6'5"), steve novak (6'10")

pf (3)- chuck hayes (6'6"), justin reed (6'9" pala to), carl landry (6'7", rookie)

c (3)- yao ming (7'6"), jake tsakalidis (7'2"), dikembe mutombo (7'2")

total players- 18

the rockets also have lior eyahu, sino to? 2006 draft pick daw nila..

kulang na lang tlga ng rockets ay 3rd scorer to support tmac&yao ming, sana yung makuha nilang pf sa offseason can bring an all around game (Scoring-has a consistent midrange jumper), Rebounding-averages about 6-8 rebs/game, swerte na kung >10 a game and Defense-esp.post defense, dami kasi magagaling na post-up pf's sa nba), sino kaya to? pwede si udonis haslem, kurt thomas, mala-ganung player..

1. they already traded juwan howard for mike james.

2. milicic is expecting a figure higher than the 5-6mil/year that the rockets can afford to offer, kaya medyo mahirap makuha siya unless sign & trade with orlando.

i do not think milicic is worth that much

3. spanoulis has just said he'll not play for the rockets :angry:

4. will be interested in eliyahu, he's 6'9". he's had a good season in the euroleague. he'll be joining the summer league, hopefully he'll turn out to be good.

5. jake tsakalidis is a free agent, not sure if houston will re-sign him

6. denver is way over the salary cap & is looking to unload marcus camby, what do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

sana nga magdilang anghel ka howard..i really think with proper teamwork, the rockets now have the pieces to make a championship run, wag lang magchoke ulit si tmac hehe & yao stays healthy :D..

ayos na ang starting 5 nila..pg-rafer alston, sg-tmac, sf-shane battier, pf-luis scola, c-yao ming..6th man-bonzi wells..ayos di ba? eto na ang line-up nila ngayon..

pg (5)- rafer alston (6'2"), mike james (6'3"), aaron brooks (6'0", rookie), luther head (6'2"), john lucas III (5'11")

sg (4)- tracy mcgrady (6'8"), kirk snyder (6'6")

sf (3)- shane battier (6'8"), bonzi wells (6'5"), steve novak (6'10")

pf (3)- luis scola (6'9"), justin reed (6'9")

c (3)- yao ming (7'6"), jackie butler (6'10"), dikembe mutombo (7'2")

no. of players=15

tsakalidis&hayes are still free agents..newley&landry are still unsigned rookies..i think this will be the squad for the incoming season, dami pa din msyado guards, there are 3 true pgs (alston, brooks, lucas), 3 sgs (mcgrady, james, head)..at least they got a 3rd scorer in either battier, scola, james or wells to support tmac&yao..

mcgrady&battier most of the time switch positions in sg/sf, ang ok dito, bonzi wells can come off the bench as your 6th man, as long as he's healthy&he can get his game back..

go rockets! :D..

scola should blend well and hopefully aaron brooks will bring his summer league credentials to the main season........yup, alston should be traded and maybe another veteran PF will do the trick plus steve franchise gets another chance ....... :upside: go go ROCKETS !!!

haha

mike james, luther head, rafer alston,aaron brooks and john lucas III for the starting lineup. Yeah, I can see it now. Fast midgets.hahaha

with steve francis rejoining the rockets, i guess you can also add him to the list :thumbsupsmiley:

they're opting to trade either alston or lucas III, even both of them..plano nila i-retain si head&brooks, guards who can shoot the 3, support sa lowpost threat ni scola&ni yao..ayos yan, ganda ng 1st five ng rockets pg-steve francis, sg-tmac, sf-shane battier, pf-luis scola, c-yao ming :D..sa ganitong line-up, they can run as well as play a set offense, ayos na..ok pa ang bench nila with brooks, head, mutombo & their 6th man, bonzi wells..go rockets!! :)