The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

who watched juno here? i heard its a great movie although the viewing is somewhat limited!

Check my WordPress post on this wonderful film. To think that this is the first screenplay written by a veteran blogger and erstwhile stripper Diablo Cody...

http://emperorbananaketchup.wordpress.com/...lease-for-juno/

I hear that it may get released her locally by mid-February

Meanwhile, stay tuned...don't buy pirated DVDs!!!

Check my WordPress post on this wonderful film. To think that this is the first screenplay written by a veteran blogger and erstwhile stripper Diablo Cody...

http://emperorbananaketchup.wordpress.com/...lease-for-juno/

I hear that it may get released her locally by mid-February

Meanwhile, stay tuned...don't buy pirated DVDs!!!

wow! thats good to hear! :thumbsupsmiley:

RAMBO starring Sly Stallone...the final (kaya?) installment of the saga of war-scarred and bemedalled Special Forces veteran turned reluctant mercenary John James Rambo, the ultimate "fighting machine". If you are a lover of blood and guts spillage matched only by eye-popping decapitation, this war movie is for you. Never mind how old & puffy Rambo may have become over the years since First Blood. Our hero has never lost his touch in this film, he himself directed again. :thumbsupsmiley:

3 hours ago..SM megamall cinema one

103.5 maxfm red carpet premiere

cloverfield

~ michael stahl-david (rob)..mike vogel (rob)..odette yustman (beth)..lizzy caplan (marlena)..jessica Lucas (lily)..t. j. miller (hud)

~one awesome, gruesome movie!! shades of blairwitch project meets godzilla & starship troopers!

:thumbsupsmiley:

down hyperlink is the cloverfield monster..

CLOVERFIELD

Uh, ah, where to start... Im still a bit dizzy from watching this movie.

I gotta admit, I watched this without any expectations at all. Didn't read about it. Didn't do my damn research before watching it. Hey, the movie's main pic involved a headless statue of liberty right? Let me guess... another Independence Day wannabe?

15 minutes into the opening sequence and I almost dozed off. There was this quirky little party being filmed using a pretty good handheld "videocam" and there was not a trace of an alien or a monster. Damn, I must have entered the wrong cinema!

Of course, the plot didnt stay that way and there was this creeping feeling inside of me that the video cam is gonna go all shaky throughout this film. And I was sitting three rows from the front.... Talk about bad luck. Then MY bad luck sort of "rubbed" into the movie's main characters and they all die one after the other. Oh shoot, did I just spoil it right here?

Anyways, it's an interesting movie that lets you think for yourself while watching the characters fiddle around with the videocam. Me? I just thought, "well, I didn't know JJ Abrams was a Blair witch fan!". Good thing the main characters didn't have a high-powered weapon with them or I would have thought, "hey, I didn't know JJ Abrams was a fan of Doom!"

All in all, it's an interesting movie, with some cool special effects sprinkled into some really cool scenes (critters and all). I looked up some more info on the net and it seems they're thinking about a sequel this early. Whoa. Should I even begin to talk about The Blair Witch Project 2?

Catch it for yourself but stay away from the front rows. Don't say I didn't warn you.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4276/cloverfieldtheatricalpouv2.jpg

Edited by kerrmit

RAMBO

First of all, if you are a fan of action films, this is the perfect film to catch this year.

If you don't like violence, or is too gay to admit it, do not watch this film.

Simply put, this is a film that would make you wish you were just as tough as Sly. Heads roll, limbs fly and everybody dies. And I am just describing 20 minutes of the film!!!

Towards the end of the flick, I thought the gore had passed. Then Rambo found more bullets. YEAH!!!

cloverfield! the best movie ive seen so far(atleast this year!) even tops national treasure and i am legend! i'll give it a 4.5 out of 5! a must see movie! i just hate when some people said some nasty comments like, "sayang ang pera and bitin!" well, if you dont even know what to expect or you dont even know the story of the film then dont watch it! the movie was great from start to finish! and sad thing here is that the people who said that were the type of people who'll watch enteng kabisote or shake rattle and roll on its premiere night! Gawd!

cloverfield! the best movie ive seen so far(atleast this year!) even tops national treasure and i am legend! i'll give it a 4.5 out of 5! a must see movie! i just hate when some people said some nasty comments like, "sayang ang pera and bitin!" well, if you dont even know what to expect or you dont even know the story of the film then dont watch it! the movie was great from start to finish! and sad thing here is that the people who said that were the type of people who'll watch enteng kabisote or shake rattle and roll on its premiere night! Gawd!

Nice take on the monster movie concept...I found myself one among the rampaging crowd !!!

Caught it at the Trinoma last Friday with a date...grabe ang sound!!!

Especially like the part where the main characters were trying to cross between the two buildings...

Nice take on the monster movie concept...I found myself one among the rampaging crowd !!!

Caught it at the Trinoma last Friday with a date...grabe ang sound!!!

Especially like the part where the main characters were trying to cross between the two buildings...

indeed! very nice concept of copying blairwitch's... ganda kaso nga lng medyo bitin kasi they didnt show kung pano namatay(kung mamatay nga ba) yung monster... or is it another tease na may part 2?

may part 2 ung movie

we cant be sure about that, if the monster isnt dead yet then paano nila napanuod yung tape? panu nila nakuha yung cam from the site? anyway, movies had its weird way of putting another chapter on it nman so may possibilty nga na may part 2 or prequel ang ipalabas to showcase yung origin ng monster di ba?

CLOVERFIELD

First of all, Ive read the write up at Yahoo for this movie, and form then on inabanggan ko siya sa big screen, cause i really want to experience what the write ups been telling about.

Honest to say IM VERY DISAPPOINTED sa movie na ito.

To watch a movie -- di ba dapat ang objective ng movie ay 1. to entertain 2. to open up our imaginations, ideas. 3. to be relaxed.

Sad to say wala ang Cloverfield ng ganyan, sorry sa mga nag post dito na nagustuhan nila ang Cloverfield but i think much better pa ang movie ni Bong Revilla na "REsiklo" atleast weve help pa our local movie industry, instead sa walang kwentang movie na CLOVERFIELD.

CLOVERFIELD THE WORST MOVIE OF ALL

I AM LEGEND

Now this movie is a must see movie of 2008.

why?

1. It teaches us to good values in life that we must have. Time we spent for our love ones, our self, our nature, our inter relation with our fellow humans and even animals, respect for privacy and considerations for each other.

Will Smith -- gave hes life to save the human races.

He's willingness to accept his consiquences sa mga actions nya? remember he said "God has nothing to do with this" nad the postive thing is that parating pinapatugtug nya yung song ni Bob Marley, "everything gonna be alright" He never surrenders, Hes very hopefull.

Magandang MOVIE

RATE Ko ay 8 out of 10

CLOVERFIELD

1. to entertain 2. to open up our imaginations, ideas. 3. to be relaxed.

no offense..

if you weren't entertained, didn't use your imagination and haven't relaxed,

there's only one thing you might have done..

that is - YOU THREW UP!!!! yeah!!!!

(if you still can't read between the lines,

you might still be on the floor still dizzy and throwing up, nyahahaha)

CLOVERFIELD

First of all, Ive read the write up at Yahoo for this movie, and form then on inabanggan ko siya sa big screen, cause i really want to experience what the write ups been telling about.

Honest to say IM VERY DISAPPOINTED sa movie na ito.

To watch a movie -- di ba dapat ang objective ng movie ay 1. to entertain 2. to open up our imaginations, ideas. 3. to be relaxed.

Sad to say wala ang Cloverfield ng ganyan, sorry sa mga nag post dito na nagustuhan nila ang Cloverfield but i think much better pa ang movie ni Bong Revilla na "REsiklo" atleast weve help pa our local movie industry, instead sa walang kwentang movie na CLOVERFIELD.

maybe you didnt catch what the movie is all about! and i think you're one of the guys ive mentioned in my first comment about this movie! to be relaxed? wtf! its not even a feelgoodmovie in the first place! you're telling me that when you're watching suspense thriller or a horror movie you feel relaxed? i guess you just dont know the TRUEmeaning of the word, disappointment! because judging the way you posted your comment, it looks like that you expect more...

I watched "In the Name of the King" last Friday.

I'd rate it about 3.5 to 4 :cool:

Truth is I never heard about it nor was I able to watch its advertisements if there were. I simply went to the moviehouse expecting to watch "I Am Legend" in its third or fourth (?) week. Unfortunately, it's not showing anymore. So I just settled for "In the Name of the King." It's poster teaser says it was inspired by "The Lord of the Rings" and was adopted from a video or pc (?) game. Besides, I knew the stars. Jason Statham, Kristanna Loken, Burt Reynolds, John Rhys-Davies, Ray Liotta, Leelee Sobieski and Clare Forlani. :wub:

The plot was relatively simple. But it was presented in such an entertaining way. It just so happened that I am a LOTR fan so in a way... I can't keep myself from comparing the two films which would not be in the INK's best interest. The movie's orc-like villain creatures were "ok" at best. The fight scenes are respectable and so are the special effects. I'm looking for more extras during battle scenes, what after watching the "siege of Minas Tirith" in LOTR: The Return the King, and I have to remind myself that this is not Peter Jackson's masterpiece. ;)

The money I sent watching the movie was a money well-spent. :)