The MOVIE REVIEW Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wonder Woman

I have not read the DC comic version, and thus my basis will always be the Justice League animated series.

Against the animated series, Gal Gadot's character is as bad-ass as can be. She kicks ass, she knows what she is after, what her goal is, she exudes the sheltered innocence of someone who has not been corrupted by the cynical and corrupt world. Her fight scenes show someone who has indeed trained for the role.

Chris Pine's punchlines provide a comic relief to an otherwise dreadfully serious film. He is perfect for Steve Trevor. I did not see James Kirk in his acting, I saw Steve Trevor.

The biggest surprise? David Thewlis as Ares. As Professor Lupin in the Harry Potter franchise, he is a powerful wizard. In "Wonder Woman," he is indeed, a god.

I approve.

• Like (+1) 1

Wonder Woman

Just some points that I really loved from the movie:

1. The story was well written. It was not crammed with too much information that may have led to the confusion of the audience. The introduction of Diana to the telling of her story flowed in well. Humor was injected at the right place and the right time. Nothing forced. You'd either laugh about it or smile widely. The scenes leading to climax when all were revealed built a nice tension between the protagonist and antagonist of the story. They also lent a good line to follow as to how Diana discovered her inner strength quite well.

2. The costumes were not distracting. They merely emphasized the fact that they were not from this world, they are/were Amazonian Warriors.

3. The CGI, some may say too much, but for me it was a good balance that helped in telling the story more effectively.

4. As for Gal Gadot - she gave justice to the role. It could have been for and because of several reasons. She is perfectly fit. Physically she could play the role because of her real life experience as a combat trainer for the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF). Long before playing Wonder Woman, she already had the skills that may contributed to her almost seamless fighting technique in the movie. And while the setting of the movie was during WW1, it would have been a choke up for her or a great emotional source of strength since her maternal grandparents are survivors of the holocaust. Some of her emotions were quite raw. I may be wrong about this, I am merely speculating.

Overall though, Wonder Woman is the next best movie that DCEU came up with after the dismal Batman movies, including Batman v Superman. This movie stood on its own without the help or introduction of any other superheroes from the upcoming Justice League movie. A good movie to watch for superhero fans and have been wonderinb if DC would ever come up with something really well made,

• Like (+1) 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...