Insomnia Remedies

Melatonin works. But you also need to find the root cause of your insomnia.

Maybe getting a better bed, or pillow will help.

Making sure the room is a pitch black as possible is a big help.

Blackout/Dark curtains help. Or eye mask (but can be warm).

Thinking too much about work, or other stress sources.

Not giving yourself a chance to slowly wind down.

Reading a book, not watching an action movie, is much better.

Me, I got a different problem. Since I'm used to getting only 6 hours of sleep a day because of work, all of sudden I have trouble sleeping during the holiday season because nakakatulog na ako ng 8 to 10 hours. Normally I'd fall asleep paghiga pa lang, but because I've been oversleeping so much lately parang di na sanay ang katawan ko.

Anyways, for those wanting medication here are my suggestions:

Sleepasil - para sa hindi pa nakakasubok ng medication. It's herbal and effective

Dormicum - para sa sanay na sa sleep medication at may immunity na.

Ambien - para sa wala nang pag-asa makatulog, strong stuff.

Personally I don't like benadryl cause it makes you sleep for an hour or 2 only and then di ka nanaman makatulog. Plus if you take it regulary, you will develop an immunity to anti-histamines which is bad specially kung may food allergies ka.

• 2 weeks later...
Me, I got a different problem. Since I'm used to getting only 6 hours of sleep a day because of work, all of sudden I have trouble sleeping during the holiday season because nakakatulog na ako ng 8 to 10 hours. Normally I'd fall asleep paghiga pa lang, but because I've been oversleeping so much lately parang di na sanay ang katawan ko.

Anyways, for those wanting medication here are my suggestions:

Sleepasil - para sa hindi pa nakakasubok ng medication. It's herbal and effective

Dormicum - para sa sanay na sa sleep medication at may immunity na.

Ambien - para sa wala nang pag-asa makatulog, strong stuff.

Personally I don't like benadryl cause it makes you sleep for an hour or 2 only and then di ka nanaman makatulog. Plus if you take it regulary, you will develop an immunity to anti-histamines which is bad specially kung may food allergies ka.

Bro delikado yang Dormicum, nakaka addict and masama effect sa tao pag nag quit cold turkey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The most common cause of sleeplessness is mental tension brought about by anxiety, worries, overwork, and overexcitement. Suppressed feelings of resentment, anger, and bitterness may also cause insomnia. Constipation, dyspepsia, overeating at night, excessive intake of tea or coffee, smoking, and going to bed hungry are among the other causes.

I've been taking sleeping pills and anti-histamines of different kinds and brands. I've become immune to some of them. Iterax gave me a hangover. Whenever I take Iterax, it puts me to sleep for 8 hours, and then from 9am-6pm in the office- I’m lethargic! Then without taking it the next night, it can still put me to sleep for another 12 hours.

Natural ways to treat it: I started to replace my curtains into thick, heavy and dark ones. I used my new bed sheets. I transferred my television set in my brother’s room. Take a shower before bedtime. It worked for a while.

It got worst again this year. My doctor’s advice: Moderate my alcohol intake, (which took me a hard time) drink warm milk before going to bed. Don’t work out at the gym in 4 hrs or less before bedtime.

I did everything, but the most effective treatment: I tried not to think too much of my problems and it worked! My sleeping habit is slowly getting better.

If i cant "pump" anybody

I'll pump some iron :)

. . .

Buti ka pa nakakatulog ka pag nakapag work out...i tried that pero 3-4 hrs akong hyper...lalu ako di nakatulog...hehehehe....

For me read a boring book...ala stephen covey or IT(Stephen King).....it will only take me 30mins to zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZ... :thumbsupsmiley:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...