Pick Up Vehicle Users

Nasubukan mo na ba sakyan bro?

I have already tried sitting in the current model of Navarra.

Compared to current Ranger & Colorado - Navarra is designed for short people only.

Last week I read bad news that the 2015 Navarra has lower roof & higher ground clearance, so you imagine how small the headroom is.

I have already tried sitting in the current model of Navarra.

Compared to current Ranger & Colorado - Navarra is designed for short people only.

Last week I read bad news that the 2015 Navarra has lower roof & higher ground clearance, so you imagine how small the headroom is.

I dont own a navarra but I have driven one. Lots of downside but the interior is fine. I'm 6'3" but can still sit with comfort and ease even at the back. We still dont know anything about the new model kya its too early to tell.

I dont own a navarra but I have driven one. Lots of downside but the interior is fine. I'm 6'3" but can still sit with comfort and ease even at the back. We still dont know anything about the new model kya its too early to tell.

When the Navarra first came out, we were impressed at it's power and acceleration, but when we noticed that the pick-ups from Ford and Chevrolet have more spacious cabins that comes close to that of their suv counterparts, we feel that Nissan is still stuck in the stone age.

Edited by johnlove

When the Navarra first came out, we were impressed at it's power and acceleration, but when we noticed that the pick-ups from Ford and Chevrolet have more spacious cabins that comes close to that of their suv counterparts, we feel that Nissan is still stuck in the stone age.

still too early to tell. wag ka muna magsalita habang di pa natin nakikita ang loob. Have you seen one already? Have driven one already? Kung wala pa, eh di, tahimik na lang muna tayo at wag maging manghuhula.

I'm 6'1" no problem with my nissan navara in term of comfort in driver seat.. in the past ( eagle, frontier ) model medyo masikip talaga ang back seat but not in navara..

"STONE AGE"? he he he :lol: i dont think so.. Nissan pickup specially the diesel engine is far advance than toyota, mitsubishi, and even ford..

Ito lng masasabi ko , pagdating sa diesel engines good choice parin ang ISUZU and NISSAN..

I'm 6'1" no problem with my nissan navara in term of comfort in driver seat.. in the past ( eagle, frontier ) model medyo masikip talaga ang back seat but not in navara..

"STONE AGE"? he he he :lol: i dont think so.. Nissan pickup specially the diesel engine is far advance than toyota, mitsubishi, and even ford..

Ito lng masasabi ko , pagdating sa diesel engines good choice parin ang ISUZU and NISSAN..

I totally disagree. Better than mitsu and toyota?? I dont think so. Sobrang dami problema ng YD25 dito sa pinas. Di lang engine problema pati transmission din ng navarra palpak. Paano mo nasabi na far more advanced???

I totally disagree. Better than mitsu and toyota?? I dont think so. Sobrang dami problema ng YD25 dito sa pinas. Di lang engine problema pati transmission din ng navarra palpak. Paano mo nasabi na far more advanced???

It was more advanced in the sense that when the Navarra first came out about 4 years ago, it is the 1st to offer a state of the art 2.5 liter engine with 174 hp @4,000 rpm with a 6 speed transmission. We have our share of thrills on the highway.

However, the interior space sucks. My 5'11 and 6' nephews would rather sit in the back seat of a Suzuki APV. And now the engine looks like it needs an overhaul . . .

It was more advanced in the sense that when the Navarra first came out about 4 years ago, it is the 1st to offer a state of the art 2.5 liter engine with 174 hp @4,000 rpm with a 6 speed transmission. We have our share of thrills on the highway.

However, the interior space sucks. My 5'11 and 6' nephews would rather sit in the back seat of a Suzuki APV. And now the engine looks like it needs an overhaul . . .

It came out around 2008 here in the Phil with lots of problems in the engine, trans, fuel system, etc. What makes the YD25 state of the art?? Aluminum na ba block nya? Magnesium na ba ang liner?

• 1 month later...

It came out around 2008 here in the Phil with lots of problems in the engine, trans, fuel system, etc. What makes the YD25 state of the art?? Aluminum na ba block nya? Magnesium na ba ang liner?

Nope, it doesn't have aluminum engine block or magnesium.

But way back then it is the powerful and fastest pick-up that cost around P1.5m that can carry 1 ton.

Would you mind letting us know which model do you have in mind?

The engine in the Navarra is definitely not in the stone age, although there the better offers from other companies today.

Unfortunately, the legroom and headroom in the rear seats are still stuck in the stone age.

Nope, it doesn't have aluminum engine block or magnesium.

But way back then it is the powerful and fastest pick-up that cost around P1.5m that can carry 1 ton.

Would you mind letting us know which model do you have in mind?

It came out with lots of defects, what makes it state-of-the-art? What I have in mind is the 4m41 and the 1kd-ftv. I still have limited knowledge of the new Ford 5 cylinder engine but the 2.2L is definitely trash.

From experience:

Reliable performance - Nissan TD27 engine (frontier)

Very Quiet and Responsive - Ranger 2.5TDCi (trekker)

Good power output - Strada 4D56-16V

These are the brands I have used extensively in the last 10 years. Im sure other brands have their pluses too no doubt and would eventually try them soon.

Cheers to the pick-up lovers!

It came out with lots of defects, what makes it state-of-the-art? What I have in mind is the 4m41 and the 1kd-ftv. I still have limited knowledge of the new Ford 5 cylinder engine but the 2.2L is definitely trash.

4m41 in Pajero

1kd-ftv in Prado

They are good, but they don't compete at the same level as the Navarra because they cost about P1M more.