Pick Up Vehicle Users

Planning to get a ford ranger xlt by next year is it worth it

thanks for any advice

Just talked to my uncle who just got 1 last month. He got the 4x2 2.2 a/t. Ayaw nyang gamitin dahil di siya comfortable sa ride. Power and acceleration is fine pero nawawalan ng torque sa akyatan. 3.2 strada pa rin gamit nya kahit sobrang bugbog na comfortable pa rin siyang gamitin.

• 3 weeks later...

Any pick-up can wade thru 800 mm deep of water. But unless you are driving an amphibian, I don't advise going thru floodwaters that would reach your brake drums.

Because the time and cash you might spend 2 weeks after that adventure would tell you that it's not worth it.

I used to do off road a lot. The trick is to run the vehicle lightly stepping on the brakes while lightly stepping on the accelerator pedal as well. This will dry the brake casing and if it is drum brakes, allow traction or dry the contact surface since this suffers from low friction when the drum is wet. Do this trick after submerging your wheels in water or you may get into an accident due to weak or uneven brake. But nowadays, even the rear wheel is disc brake so that keeping it dry will not be a problem.

I find that a service truck that ply wet routes daily will develop less problems and stay lubricated longer than a weekend or special holiday vehicle. Just make sure you do PREVENTIVE wheel maintenance before storing your car and not using it for weeks. The long term issue is if the insides of the drum stays wet, the glued brake pad may eventually peel off the shoe. Moreover, some vehicles may use poor or easy to rust steel that can eventually cause metal to metal squeaks or even lock up or freeze bearings. A good idea is to have the wheel bearings lubricated by grease repacking - or by removing the old and placing fresh grease paste before prolonged storage.

Edited by hit05
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My Brother got New Ford Ranger last October 2013 (4x4 2.2l manual)

NOT GOOD :angry2: VERY VERY VERY UNDER POWER ANG ENGINE HE HE HE :lol:

imagine 4x4 2.2l lng ang engine displacement WTF :ohmy:

Your right bro, small engine displacement means not enough torque, paano ito maggamit sa off road??:ohmy:

Ha Ha Ha :lol: pang city driving lng to.. ano pa silbi na bmili ka ng 4X4 ?

I prefer my 1993 mitsubishi L200.

Why? Because a pick up is supposed to be able to go anywhere and carry anything. i can also park it anywhere dahil hindi takaw tingin.

The L200 has a sturdy body, ample suspension, simple looks, and a very very long truck bed. Yung mga bagong pick up ngayon can't compare to the truck bed of the L200.

Edited by Confusedcius

How about the ford explorer?

Too pricey for me. The 3.5l is close to P3M.

The 3.2l Wildtrak is almost half the price. The softer suspension and the better interior are definitely not worth the extra 1.5MM.

But, hey, that's just me.

• 2 months later...

for less maintenance worries, consider engines with timing gears instead of a timing belt. timing gears virtually last the lifetime of the engine. as far as i know, nissan and isuzu engines use timing gears.

It's TRUE ..

Edited by noyzky7