Pick Up Vehicle Users

The first gen 4x4 was already rated 170+ hp. Not just the techExtreme. You were the one who said that increasing the disp does'nt mean increasing hp.

Try towing heavy loads on those small engine vehicles and compare them with those big bore engines. Maybe you'll see the difference.

What do you mean by typical american way of thinking? Are you trying to prove you think better than them?

Yes I have towed 2500kg upwards on my smaller displacement suv/pick-up over a gas engine with more cylinders. I own a v6 explorer ecoboost and I pittted it against my 3.2 ranger, 2.2 santa fe and all of them were at par if not better. I do expedition missions across the Phils and Australia and I know what I'm talking about. Same logic why an F1 high revving engine inspired V10 LFA is easily beaten by a 911 or even gtr. Nope, there were 2 variants of the navarra. Not all were the 170+hp..bmost were 140hp+. Just google it or go to websites like autoindustriya or motioncars.

I thought towing had more to do with torque than with horsepower?

True, it's more to do on torque that's why most heavy industry vehicles run on diesel. Advantages of diesel engines over gas are: fuel efficiency, max torque at low revs, are less prone to factors like altitude wherein a gas engine would suffocate and lose hp. Also in cold conditions the diesel engines are more robust whereas gas engines tend to freeze over. Cons lang ng diesel engine over gas is that it's not as customizable.

Yes I have towed 2500kg upwards on my smaller displacement suv/pick-up over a gas engine with more cylinders. I own a v6 explorer ecoboost and I pittted it against my 3.2 ranger, 2.2 santa fe and all of them were at par if not better. I do expedition missions across the Phils and Australia and I know what I'm talking about. Same logic why an F1 high revving engine inspired V10 LFA is easily beaten by a 911 or even gtr. Nope, there were 2 variants of the navarra. Not all were the 170+hp..bmost were 140hp+. Just google it or go to websites like autoindustriya or motioncars.

Really?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What happened to the challenge I issued??? No reply? Ok, to give myself a handicap I'll let you compete against my tuned hilux 3.0L. Lol, if you also think that's weak then just watch this simple video.

at paano naman umabot sa "Tuned Hilux" mo ang usapan? san ba galing yan?

at paano naman umabot sa "Tuned Hilux" mo ang usapan? san ba galing yan?

Put up or shut up time, remember!? C'mon! Time and place! It's very hard if this "debate" is just online. If you want I have another stock Hilux no problem. Diba duda ka kaya mag tow ng 2500kg ang pick-up?? Haha baka mamaya yung auto mo dala mo i tow ko yan unless you bring a humvee or a vehicle that's soo ridiculously heavy just to win an argument. ;) 18 wheeler?

Edited by ej_qn
  • 1 year later...