Pick Up Vehicle Users

meron ba available commercially? Mas mura pa ba yan sa multicab na 4x4?

Once in a while, you can see it in the grey market, not commercially - unless you are in India.

Nakakatakot mag-import, remember the DENR's proposal to ban all vehicle 15 years old & older? It might be implemented on April next year.

I don't think it will be cheaper than a multicab 4x4.

Edited by johnlove

i have driven navarra, the second row is some what tight for some person, i owned a 2008 Mitsubishi Strada, powerful with 3.2L diesel engine, i like the Mazda BT50, i also waiting for the new Navarra ,

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/11/nissan-frontier-np300-navara-official-videos/

Agree, Navarra's second row is too tight for me too, sometimes I feel like taking out the 2nd row seats.

• 3 months later...

The Rangers now are too heavy. Nakalagay sa manual ko that it's in the 2100kg range for the 3.2L. Now that is surprising since majority of it's competitors like the hilux and navarra are probably within the 1700-1800kg range. Weight is really a factor. I think the old Hilux 3.0 can go toe to toe with the 3.2 Ranger just give the Hilux a 6 spd tranny for better power distribution and fuel economy. Good thing I managed to sell it considering that there is a new model for this year.

The Rangers now are too heavy. Nakalagay sa manual ko that it's in the 2100kg range for the 3.2L. Now that is surprising since majority of it's competitors like the hilux and navarra are probably within the 1700-1800kg range. Weight is really a factor. I think the old Hilux 3.0 can go toe to toe with the 3.2 Ranger just give the Hilux a 6 spd tranny for better power distribution and fuel economy. Good thing I managed to sell it considering that there is a new model for this year.

di kaya ng Hilux ang 3.2 ng Ford. Ang layo sa power and torque but I still choose the Hilux for its reliable, bullet proof engine.

PS:The only pick up that can match the Ranger's speed is the Navara.

di kaya ng Hilux ang 3.2 ng Ford. Ang layo sa power and torque but I still choose the Hilux for its reliable, bullet proof engine.

PS:The only pick up that can match the Ranger's speed is the Navara.

Well, displacement alone and having a 5 cylinder engine versus the competition that has 4. Of course di kaya ng Hilux yung Ranger coz the 3.0L was stuck with the age old 4spd A/T from 13 years ago. I think the Chevy Colorado 2.8 would be a better match for the 3.2 Ranger spec wise.

What specific Navara are you referring to?

The first gen with the YD engine.

You said it yourself that it can go toe to toe with the 3.2 wildtrak. The number of gears doesnt matter kasi nagkakatalo pa rin yan sa final drive ratio. If you want more power change the ECU, increase displacement or might as well change the engine with VGT turbo.

The first gen with the YD engine.

You said it yourself that it can go toe to toe with the 3.2 wildtrak. The number of gears doesnt matter kasi nagkakatalo pa rin yan sa final drive ratio. If you want more power change the ECU, increase displacement or might as well change the engine with VGT turbo.

Gears do matter. Final drive ratio isn't actually the decision making factor here rather than how many gears and the gear ratio. Will a 4 spd A/T be able to outrun a 6 spd A/T considering both are turbo diesel and change gears in almost the same 2000+ rpm range? Of course not. Simple mechanical fact is that a 6 spd has more gears to play around with and gives the engine less stress and higher top speed. Sure, maybe on the 1st-3rd gear it'll become toe to toe but after that it's just how much stress the 4 spd can take. I know, I own a 3.0 hilux and 2014 3.2 Ranger. Like what I said earlier.. the 3.0 Hilux can challenge the 3.2 Ranger IF it was given more gears. Increasing displacement doesn't necessarily give it more power. Example, the powerplant of the 2.0 VGT Sportage.. It's just 2.0 but packs 184ps and 394nm torque.

• Like (+1) 1

Sobrang piga ginawa ng hyundai sa mga engine nila. If you're saying higher displacement does not give more power, bobo pala mga taong gumawa ng muscle cars? More gears means less engine stress and better fuel efficiency. Power? I dont think so. Sa makina pa rin nag kakatalo. Higher top speed? Maybe.

Sobrang piga ginawa ng hyundai sa mga engine nila. If you're saying higher displacement does not give more power, bobo pala mga taong gumawa ng muscle cars? More gears means less engine stress and better fuel efficiency. Power? I dont think so. Sa makina pa rin nag kakatalo. Higher top speed? Maybe.

Muscle car is... muscle car. Typical American way of thinking. There are different ways of getting more power, turbocharging, bigger injectors, higher compression. What do you mean "sobrang piga?" Haha, then I guess you'll feel sorry for Euro cars like BMW, Volvo and MB then. Those cars are as heavy as SUVs and they only use 1.6-2.0 diesel engines to run it. So why be biased with just Hyundai??? ;) Volvo's V40 Cross Country is a 2L twin turbo, now that's putting stress on a tiny engine.

Btw, the 1st gen YD engine, do you own a Navara? What trim? Back then there was just the 142hp and the 172hp and the only way you can be certain you're getting the 172hp version is from the Techxtreme trim.

The first gen 4x4 was already rated 170+ hp. Not just the techExtreme. You were the one who said that increasing the disp does'nt mean increasing hp.

Try towing heavy loads on those small engine vehicles and compare them with those big bore engines. Maybe you'll see the difference.

What do you mean by typical american way of thinking? Are you trying to prove you think better than them?

• 3 weeks later...

Really? Watch out for the new

NP 300 NAVARA

It was an ok pick-up. Got to test drive it along Ilocos last month with some reporters. The rear legroom was greatly improved, engine is a carryover but with a VGT this time, 7-A/T only available for top trim. Np300 was a little bigger than it's prev model. Overall, it was an ok pick-up but I'm still leaning towards the new Wildtrak

http://s1.postimg.org/n2m8iv7sv/x2015_ford_ranger_spec_xlt_03_jpg_pagespeed_ic_X.jpg