Home /private Gyms

I wanted something that would last me a long long time........Spent 100 plus also for me nordictrack and that didn't even last me a year if we are to consider actual usage since I was going to Westin for about 2.5 out of the 3 years I owned the machine...it was only the last 6 months that I started using it regularly when the deck of the treadmill cracked...I'm not that big (6'1, 200 lbs)...definitely well below the maximum user weight for the machine. Decided to go with Lifefitness because I see them all the time at healthclubs around the world.....I actually got the the t7 at first but it turned out to be a lemon and the people at Sportfit were servicing the unit almost every other day because the machine had a lot of problems...Finally, I just asked them to replace my unit with a new one but decided against it after seeing the t9i in the showroom. In fairness, the service was great...You'd call them and their service people will be at your place the next day unlike Chris Sports where I bought my previous treadmill from.....It would take you at least 2 weeks of constant phone calls before they show up at your place...I never have any problems with the t9 after and it's built like a tank...By far, one of the best treadmills I've used....The ride is so smooth and the flexdeck is not hard on the knees at all even at high speeds.....Great machine and great service......and when you consider the time and effort of driving to and from the gym everyday in Manila traffic.....I don't really mind paying P360t for it.....

san showroom nila? sa pasig ba?

Guest lustfortravel
I wanted something that would last me a long long time........Spent 100 plus also for me nordictrack and that didn't even last me a year if we are to consider actual usage since I was going to Westin for about 2.5 out of the 3 years I owned the machine...it was only the last 6 months that I started using it regularly when the deck of the treadmill cracked...I'm not that big (6'1, 200 lbs)...definitely well below the maximum user weight for the machine. Decided to go with Lifefitness because I see them all the time at healthclubs around the world.....I actually got the the t7 at first but it turned out to be a lemon and the people at Sportfit were servicing the unit almost every other day because the machine had a lot of problems...Finally, I just asked them to replace my unit with a new one but decided against it after seeing the t9i in the showroom. In fairness, the service was great...You'd call them and their service people will be at your place the next day unlike Chris Sports where I bought my previous treadmill from.....It would take you at least 2 weeks of constant phone calls before they show up at your place...I never have any problems with the t9 after and it's built like a tank...By far, one of the best treadmills I've used....The ride is so smooth and the flexdeck is not hard on the knees at all even at high speeds.....Great machine and great service......and when you consider the time and effort of driving to and from the gym everyday in Manila traffic.....I don't really mind paying P360t for it.....

true, Life Fitness is a very good investment. I bought the T-5 for around P300K ( I think, I don't remember anymore the exact amount) and it works beautifully.

i do hope you also put an aircon in your gym so that the machine doesn't overheat when you use it. since i bought the treadmill, i decided to go all the way and put a split type aircon together with cable tv in my mini-gym. now, all i need is the willpower to use it. ^_^

true, Life Fitness is a very good investment. I bought the T-5 for around P300K ( I think, I don't remember anymore the exact amount) and it works beautifully.

i do hope you also put an aircon in your gym so that the machine doesn't overheat when you use it. since i bought the treadmill, i decided to go all the way and put a split type aircon together with cable tv in my mini-gym. now, all i need is the willpower to use it. ^_^

They have a very impressive array of fitness machinery. I was almost tempted to buy too but I remembered I'm very inconsistent when it comes to doing cardio. Hahaha

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You guys should check out Pro Gym Equipment.

I went there a few months ago. A full and respectable home gym set will cost about 260k. (Weight training)

The stuff they sell are nice.

According to them, they provide the gym equipment of a lot of company gyms.

Mind you, the set up consists of individual machines/racks/benches. This is not a all-in-one machine they're selling.

That's what's so great about it.

Sayang, wala pa akong pambayad. Hehe...

• 7 months later...
Yep! Got my starter set a couple of days ago. 16, 24 and 32Kg. Planning to get another set and the heaviest they have, the 40Kg bell. Good investment if you ask me. I tried a couple of moves and it's a very demanding tool. Hardcore stuff!

Sir If I may ask how much total damage!? And where you bought it? Thanx

• 2 weeks later...

120/Kg. So that's 72Kg X 120= 8,640.00, but well worth it. If I didn't have jumper's knee today, I'd probably be hanging on the rim with both hands every time. I can hang on the rim using my dominant hand now even with a bad knee. The last time I was able to do this was when I was in college (10 years ago). I'm a 5'11 and 180 lbs.

120/Kg. So that's 72Kg X 120= 8,640.00, but well worth it. Bought them at Ensayo. If I didn't have jumper's knee today, I'd probably be hanging on the rim with both hands every time. I can hang on the rim using my dominant hand now even with a bad knee. The last time I was able to do this was when I was in college (10 years ago). I'm 5'11 and 180 lbs.

The kettlebell swing is a very unique and effective exercise. It simulates the movements that you do when you jump. Therefore, if done correctly, you will become explosive in no time (whatever sport you play).

Edited by impaler1432
Yep! Got my starter set a couple of days ago. 16, 24 and 32Kg. Planning to get another set and the heaviest they have, the 40Kg bell. Good investment if you ask me. I tried a couple of moves and it's a very demanding tool. Hardcore stuff!

16= 2 pcs 8 kg

24= 2 pcs 12 kg

32= 2 pcs 16kg

did I get it right??

16= 2 pcs 8 kg

24= 2 pcs 12 kg

32= 2 pcs 16kg

did I get it right??

Nope. Sorry for the confusion. Here is the breakdown

1 pc 16Kg

1 pc 24Kg

1 pc 32Kg

I will be getting the same set this week, so I will have pairs. I did not want to start with the 8' and 12's cause they were a bit light. I basically followed Mike Mahler's guide in buying KB's. Pretty excited to get the second set. Then after that, I guess I'll get the heaviest, which is the 40Kg. That will have to come much later. I can't even clean the 32Kg bell. Hahaha!

Nope. Sorry for the confusion. Here is the breakdown

1 pc 16Kg

1 pc 24Kg

1 pc 32Kg

I will be getting the same set this week, so I will have pairs. I did not want to start with the 8' and 12's cause they were a bit light. I basically followed Mike Mahler's guide in buying KB's. Pretty excited to get the second set. Then after that, I guess I'll get the heaviest, which is the 40Kg. That will have to come much later. I can't even clean the 32Kg bell. Hahaha!

Interesting...

I'm just curious as to why you decided to go with one pc each instead of one pair each and why you skipped the 20kg

I'm loving these toys. I love doing swings. I sweat profusely even after only the first set. It's like cardio and strength training and plyo all rolled into one. And I don't know what it is about Kettlebells, but after your done with a set of exercises, you feel all pumped up. I have never felt this pumped before in all of my training years. I'm not an expert by any means when it comes to strength training, but I think every decent gym should have KB's. Kudos to Eclipse. I saw a bunch of KB's in Shaw the last time I went there and got to try them out. It was love at first sight. LOL!

Interesting...

I'm just curious as to why you decided to go with one pc each instead of one pair each and why you skipped the 20kg

Yeah, I knew you'd ask that coach. I just followed Dr. Steve Freides' advise from the MMA Bulletin. He said in one of his articles that, one should start with what I bought.

"The usual guideline for adult men is building your collection to include one of each 16, 24 and 32kg kettlebells. After that, start over from the bottom, working on your second set. Two-kettlebell work can add variety to your routine and it’s usually done with two bells of the same size. You can and should do certain exercises with two kettlebells of different sizes; for instance you’ll hold one between your legs or at your side while working with the other."

I guess I'll get the in between bells in time. But for now, I have decided to get a second set.

What do you think coach? Think I can work with what I have? I still believe that I need Eclipse for deads and squats and all the good stuff that you can do with Olympic size BB's.

Edited by impaler1432
What do you think coach? Think I can work with what I have? I still believe that I need Eclipse for deads and squats and all the good stuff that you can do with Olympic size BB's.

yes you can work with what you have

Coah Oly, do you think I can incorporate my KB's in my program? I still think nothing beats doing deads and squats using Olympic bars. What would my training program look like? Will it be a 4 day thing?

you can always incorporate KBs into the program...

again, this is where a good and knowledgeable coach will come into play.

but first, you have to show up :D

yes you can work with what you have

you can always incorporate KBs into the program...

again, this is where a good and knowledgeable coach will come into play.

but first, you have to show up :D

That has always been the problem. Showing up. I have jumper's knee and still playing. I have 4 teams again. Can't say no. But after the season ends I will have to choose to play for only 2 teams. I can't handle the wear and tear anymore. I need to get stronger and faster to perform better and choosing to play in 2 leagues only and getting more gym time is the key. The Bosconian Alumni League will end soon, so I'm down to 3 leagues. RGM league is in it's final stages as well. So I will have MCBL and TPCBL left. Not planning to join any other leagues anytime soon. Plus I would have to rehab my knee (Moro Lorenzo Sports Center). I also need to pay for a whole year again, since my membership will expire this month. I'll definitely let you know when I'm ready. This is a classic case of having a lot on one's plate.