The Football Thread

Labuyo

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the World Cup groups for Russia 2018!

Group A - Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay

Group B - Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran

Group C - France, Australia, Peru, Denmark

Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria

Group E - Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia

Group F - Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea

Group G - Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England

Group H - Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan

Groups D, F, and H all look set to be thrillers! But I feel bad for South Korea! Out of all the AFC countries, they got screwed by the hardest draw!

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the World Cup groups for Russia 2018!

Group A - Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay

Group B - Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran

Group C - France, Australia, Peru, Denmark

Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria

Group E - Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia

Group F - Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea

Group G - Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England

Group H - Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan

Groups D, F, and H all look set to be thrillers! But I feel bad for South Korea! Out of all the AFC countries, they got screwed by the hardest draw!

Russia will take group A

i wonder how portugal and spain matches will end up. Portugal will be a contender but spain is in good form this 2017. Spain will top group B

France fielding young players might finish their group as leaders

I hope iceland beats argentina in group D

Brazil is brazil.

Germany will lead Group F.

Belgium and england. the latter might prevail.

dont know anything about group H. will James lift columbia? Japan might win.

italy must be really frustrated...

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good luck to Ceres for their game tomorrow vs. Tianjin...sad for their visa woes though... added struggle. bad trip

Not to mention the near freezing conditions as well!

Despite them going down 2-0, I tip my hat to them! They did all they could! But damn the AFC for being so careless with their scheduling, especially considering that they govern football in the world's BIGGEST continent!

Not to mention the near freezing conditions as well!

Despite them going down 2-0, I tip my hat to them! They did all they could! But damn the AFC for being so careless with their scheduling, especially considering that they govern football in the world's BIGGEST continent!

The visa issue though falls squarely on the lap of Ceres... expensive rookie mistake from the team... though understandable... PFL ended late December 2017, and all the players immediately left. and coming back only on Jan 10 with their first game on Jan 16 in Myanmar. So medyo gahol talaga sa oras.

Yung travel lang talaga... from Myanmar -> Manila -> Brisbane -> Manila -> Tianjin all in a span of two weeks or so... kawawa talaga sila... but despite that, well played game by Ceres. they gave Tianjin a good fight.

The visa issue though falls squarely on the lap of Ceres... expensive rookie mistake from the team... though understandable... PFL ended late December 2017, and all the players immediately left. and coming back only on Jan 10 with their first game on Jan 16 in Myanmar. So medyo gahol talaga sa oras.

Yung travel lang talaga... from Myanmar -> Manila -> Brisbane -> Manila -> Tianjin all in a span of two weeks or so... kawawa talaga sila... but despite that, well played game by Ceres. they gave Tianjin a good fight.

I think the main problem (part of the "rookie mistake" you were referring to) for Ceres is that they were NOT expecting to beat Brisbane in the first place so were not looking too far ahead as far as the visa issue was concerned. If you were Ceres, with a budget that is far smaller than many clubs in the AFC CL, you wouldn't want to spend money on a visa you may not need (which is what I think you meant by "though understandable"). :)

Though I still refuse to let the AFC completely off-the-hook due to them scheduling these matches too closely to each other. They should take into account these visa issues as well when they schedule matches by giving teams enough days in between rounds so they can organize visas, travel (Asia is by far the largest continent on earth after all), and have some days to rest and prepare for the game at hand to ensure the teams involved are on a relatively even playing field.

Edited by mrconfusion87
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ceres negros buhay pa sa afc champion's cup. i really like this team :) :)

sana lumago pa ang pfl. sayang naman iyong improvement ng local football kung mag fold pa ang ligang ito. they've got to be aggressive in marketing the league. ang laking bagay ng na contribute ng ufl at ngayon pfl sa sa national football cause natin

btw, the malditas failed to make an outright qualification into the women's world cup but they still have an outside chance of making it to the big dance on monday. i hope they win din :)

ceres negros buhay pa sa afc champion's cup. i really like this team :) :)

sana lumago pa ang pfl. sayang naman iyong improvement ng local football kung mag fold pa ang ligang ito. they've got to be aggressive in marketing the league. ang laking bagay ng na contribute ng ufl at ngayon pfl sa sa national football cause natin

btw, the malditas failed to make an outright qualification into the women's world cup but they still have an outside chance of making it to the big dance on monday. i hope they win din :)

I hope the local league improves by having more teams in the first division. Talagang konte kung nasa 6 teams lang ang naglalaban laban at lalo na walang spending powers are ibang teams kumpara sa Ceres. Ang mahirap dito is sa nakikita ko parang nagiging one horse race na yung liga.