The Football Thread

Labuyo

Yeah, it was a sad day for all of us Messi and Argentina fans. Kudos to the Argentinian defense and kudos to Germany for giving us a thrilling world cup finals.

Congrats to Germany!

And... since the World Cup has officially ended. Any thoughts on the recent transfer news? Like Toni Kroos to Real Madrid? Luis Suarez to Barcelona and Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal.

Luis Suarez apparently has a clause in his contract to Barcelona that if he bites someone, he's to be fined 3-5 million pounds.

Woah, is this true? I wonder if can behave under Luis Enrique? I feel bad for him though, Barcelona cannot unveil him to the fans since FIFA stated that he is banned from anything football related. Even charities and the likes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good day Football fans! Champions League group stages are out! What are your predictions?

http://i.imgur.com/QJDDdgN.jpg

Here's mine:

Group A: Atletico Madrid, Juventus

Group B: Real Madrid, Liverpool

Group C: Benfica, Leverkusen

Group D: Dortmund, Arsenal

Group E: Bayern Munich, Manchester City

Group F: Barcelona, PSG

Group G: Chelsea, Schalke

Group H: Porto, Shaktar.

• 4 weeks later...

El Clasico is nearing! Can't wait for Suarez's official debut for Barcelona and how much a difference can he make, especially when his professional debut as Barcelona player is against Real Madrid.

hey there, does anyone know of any pubs / bars where i can catch the clasico on sunday am?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...