The Football Thread

Labuyo

mahirap talaga maka-goal si jason terry, 3pt shot pwede pa.. :upside:

chelsea controlled the proceedings coming out of the tunnel and promptly took ball possession over 50% of the time.. they created chances but missed them.. drogba had a shot that clearly beat van der sar only to be denied by the post.. lampard also had one that hit the crossbar..

rooney was busy butting heads and getting into word wars in the first half than trying to get goal scoring oppurtunities himself.. malouda and cole, non existent in the first half for chelsea..

in the penalty shoot out after carrick put his away, the tv cameras focused c ronaldo.. im tellin you, he had a look on his face that belies his tag as the world's best player at the moment, i knew then that he would miss his shot.. the stutter step didnt fool peter cech as it was easily saved.. chelsea captain JOHN terry missed his chance on the slippery pitch and the pressure instantly shifted back to chelsea.. van der sar meanwhile also made a great save on anelka ensuring man utd would lift the european champions cup..

the drogba sending off was crucial, he was very active in the 2nd half.. at first i thought it was a harsh straight red card, then i remembered david beckham getting sent off in the 98 world cup vs argentina.. drogba gave the referee no choice but to send him off..

i dont know why man utd didnt exploit ronaldo vs essien.. in the first half, it was clear that essien couldnt keep pace with the man utd winger.. most of their chances coming from the left flank..

injury time in the 2nd half couldve easily gone over 5 mins.. ferdinand cramped up took about 3 mins, tevez' headlock on makelele produced another 3 mins of lull in action.. tevez also gave a mean body check on joe cole (? cant really remember im still sleepy here at work :lol:) that would make some hockey coaches proud.. is it just me or does tevez look somewhat like ben stiller?

it also seemed that everyone was cramping up during the game.. conditioning? performance anxiety? poor pitch? :unsure:

congrats to Manchester United, 2008 UEFA Champions League Champion

bubuy is right, c ronaldo was clearly nervous and did not take his penalty with any confidence.

also, terry did not deserve that - he played a hell of a match. remember his unbelievable save from ryan giggs shot in extra time? what a moment to slip. how cruel fate can be.

but i do admit man utd was the best team in europe this season, and ronaldo is the best player in the world. congrats to all man utd fans.

Guys first of all it's JOHN Terry.

and tevez looks like Ugly betty's America Fererra.

Drog has the red comming slapping Vidic in front of the ref was an idiot move.

BLUE IS THE COLOR!

Of defeat that is. :P (sorry I just had to.)

makelele was a recipient of a few blows himself, the elbow by scholes (the play were scholes got a bloodied nose) and the headlock by tevez.. :upside: hehehe..

yah. but he caused both scholes and hargreaves a bit of blood. typical english game. i rmmber gavin mcanns series of bloody noses and head yet they still allow him to play even with a turban on his head. lol

whatever happened. Man U was destined to win. If ever it was Chelsea's it should have been on Terry's shot.

I pity J Terry. Im sure he will have lots of sleepless nights.

Terry was crying. I actually felt emphatic towards the guy. But Im over the moon that my club won the double.

A Great Championship Game :thumbsupsmiley:

CongRatS ManChester UnIteD !!!! :thumbsupsmiley: http://www.uefa.com/ml/images/logos/70x70/52682.gif

Van der Sar Save Cristiano Ronaldo..hehehe ;)

http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/photo/competitions/ucl/69/97/43/699743_mediumsquare.jpg

GLORY! GLORY! GLORY TO MANCHESTER UNITED AND ALL THEIR FANS THROUGHOUT THE WORLD!

What a great game, I mysef stayed upo late and didnt got to the office just to catch the game live, just like the rest of us. i bet.

Hehehehe! This game was written for the movies and for stories to be told through generations. How i wish we could have a league of our own here in the philippines!