The Football Thread

Labuyo

hehehe.. real madrid has time and again shown it would not back off off any offer.. we've already made an 80M euro offer for kaka, it is milan that won't budge.. the team has spent millions on non-performers, i dont think they will hold out on a player of kaka's caliber..

of all the players i listed, it is messi that is wishful thinking coz he plays for our rivals.. torres nearly signed for madrid, i dont know what happened in between.. liverpool has management/ownership problems right now.. i know players are wary of that and that has to be a factor on every player's mind thinking of moving to anfield..

but i have to agree with captain raul's assessment to calderon during the championship parade, make little to no adjustment as far as player personnel is concerned.. any more major changes to the current lineup will ruin team chemistry.. they've won b2b, there's no reason they couldn't make it 3 in a row, specially if everyone will be healthy..

and i still hate the robben signing.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

i dont think torres wouldve signed for madrid in the first place or else he would get sniped at by the club where he grew at. Just imagine if Gerrard went to Everton or Rooney going to Manc City. its a death sentence for them esp with all the hooliganism hype you see on TV nowadays.

i agree with you on future prospects coming into liverpool being wary but i do hope it will settle down, and once the new stadium is built and problems resolved, its a whole new ball game again.

Kaka, for me, has not been performing well recently. ddnt bring his team up the serie a rankings. failed to deliver against arsenal. does not like the italian crowd. he might as well go elsewhere; RM for instance as bubuy has mentioned. But not the same Kaka i used to know.

i knew the torres signing would be a long shot being from the cross town rivals and all.. same thing as well in trying to sign cesc.. :( spain seems to take those 'kind' of transfers seriously, noh? unlike in italy, it's pure business..

as for kaka, he's young.. he'll have his ups and downs.. from what i know before, ac milan had interest in robben and drenthe, maybe they could work out a player for player plus cash deals in the off season.. :D

Rooney might go to MANC we never can tell once Fergie gets "sawa" of him. Look at Andy Cole and P. Shmiekel. right?

I hope Zlatan goes to the EPL he is one of my fave strikers.

Bubuy,DutchessIX...

Are you guys interested in playing fantasy footie next season?

Rooney might go to MANC we never can tell once Fergie gets "sawa" of him. Look at Andy Cole and P. Shmiekel. right?

Bubuy,DutchessIX...

sure. why not. i believe next football season would be my 8th season in playing fantasy football. i play yahoo fantasy football where all the big guns are. we have a competition format there (3 points per win, 1 pt loss, etc) and different stages of the comp., the host sets up a knock out comp to play in another comp., weird but hella exciting.

i knew the torres signing would be a long shot being from the cross town rivals and all.. same thing as well in trying to sign cesc.. :( spain seems to take those 'kind' of transfers seriously, noh? unlike in italy, it's pure business..

as for kaka, he's young.. he'll have his ups and downs.. from what i know before, ac milan had interest in robben and drenthe, maybe they could work out a player for player plus cash deals in the off season.. :D

yes they do, thats why derby matches are important because its in the heart of the fans. i could just imagine what W Rooney (manu) or Thomas Gravesen (real mad) could do for us if they have signed. but no, bring down the other team, ship em to other camps.

good news, Kewell and Crouch should be leaving for next season. 15 mill pounds price tag on Crouch? ridiculous. lol! but understandable because hes one of the rare CF's you see these days with quick feet and a talent for showmanship. haha.

and G. Barry to come to liverpool? i think another wrong move for Rafa, he has abundance in CM's, i prefer he get wide role players or someone to replace crouch.

this is going to be one exciting summer transfer window..

Bubuy,DutchessIX...

add to that list ruud..

im playing this season in Yahoo.. im at 94th percentile, not bad for a first timer.. but i've already decided that i will forego any more fantasy football games.. my sched's full all year round with fantasy nba, fantasy nfl, salary cap nfl, fantasy mlb, fantasy nhl, fantasy f1.. my performance in the other games took a dip so im cutting down on my sched, most notably fantasy football and fantasy nhl..

Edited by bubuy

lets change the topic for a short wee bit. any of you guys have any contacts there? hha

i have this friends bday to party to attend to TOM. (sat.) with all the booze and s@%t, so im planning to bring a chick over.

pm me if you have any. thats all. haha tnx.

Edited by duchessXI

today is judgement day!!! both games of chelsea and manutd will be aired tonight at espn and starsports, i hope they don't cancel the manutd telecast, alam mo nman espn, sumasablay sa mga coverage nila..

go manutd!!!:)

dun sa pinagtatalunan nyo about liverpool and manutd, pana-panahon lang tlga yan, minsan manutd ang malakas na team, minsan liverpool, they both have trophies to boast about, liverpool has been successful in the CL pero manutd has been successful domestically; ayos nga at nagkaayos kayo eh hehehe :)

dumadami na tyo ulit dito redshirt, dati unti lng tyo nagppost dito hehehe

ok heres the headcount so far:

Man Utd - 3

Liverpool - 1

Real Madrid - 1

anymore out there?

Arsenal in a crisis right now: Flamini on his way to AC Milan, Hleb to follow to Italy? Fabregas to go to Spain? Wengers philosophy showing cracks.

Liverpool: Kewell, Crouch, to leave. Rafa please add Voronin in there. and dont get G. Barry. Let Plessis play. and throw in Bentley.

Man Utd: Berbatov?

Chelsea: last chance, expect a series of players to leave. watch out for Romans wishlist.

Fulham & Birmingham: GG..

I play my fantsay footie at the official Premierleague site.

I have been in the PHL top 10 for 3 yrs in a row.

Im currently on 3rd...

I wanna end my season by being 1st or 2nd...

mtc football league:

1 Love United Alister Bernhard Donaire 74 2209

2 Mojo Gunners Dexter P 38 1652

3 Xycho FC Homer Simpson 29 1601

bottom of the table... wat a waste. i think im relegated. haha

Man Utd - 3

Liverpool - 1

Real Madrid - 1

anymore out there?

Arsenal in a crisis right now: Flamini on his way to AC Milan, Hleb to follow to Italy? Fabregas to go to Spain? Wengers philosophy showing cracks.

Liverpool: Kewell, Crouch, to leave. Rafa please add Voronin in there. and dont get G. Barry. Let Plessis play. and throw in Bentley.

Chelsea: last chance, expect a series of players to leave. watch out for Romans wishlist.

i think there are 2 real madrid fans here. sir bubuy and i.

just bought a new real madrid jersey at gh. raul at vnistelrooy lng meron. i got raul for 500 lng na may shorts na dn. may bago nko pang futsal. hehe

sana tlga ipalabas mmya ung game...id prefer to watch manu-wigan..

WIG 1-1 MANU

CHE 2-0 BOL

Itaga nyo sa bato! :evil:

It seems that the stone has become mud.

ahahhahahaha!

Campiones campiones óle óle óle óle!

We retained the Premier league, today at the JJB, today at the JJB, today at the JJb, we retained the Premier league today at the JJB.

Glory Glory Manchester United!

i'm so happy!!! we won the league again!!! MANCHESTER UNITED ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE EPL AGAIN!!!!! :) :) :)

sana ganito din mangyari sa Moscow on May 21 hehehe

badtrip ang ESPN di nila pinalabas game ng ManUtd vs Wigan, sa Starsports pinalabas Chelsea vs Bolton, kaasar, buti na lng nakapanuod ko sa net ng game nila thru live streaming hehehe sarap panuorin nung awarding ceremony at trophy raising, Congrats Red Devils!!!! :)

shellshocked ang Chelsea sa game nila against Bolton, nakascore kasi Bolton sa last minute ng game to draw level with the blues, bad ending for a great season for the blues..malas pa si john terry, nagkainjury due to an accidental collision with Petr Cech, kala broken arm, pero dislocated elbow daw injury nya, di pa sure kung makalaro siya sa Moscow on May 21..

Relegated clubs: Reading, Birmingham and of course, Derby...wawa ang Reading at Birmingham, kahit nanalo sila sa final game nila sa season nila, tanggal pa din kasi nanalo Fulham against Portsmouth, 1-0..

Tapos na ang 07-08 EPL season, madami na nman player movement this offseason, sana lalo pa lumakas ang ManUtd para maka3peat next year hehehe

Next game nila on Moscow, the CL final on May 21, sana manalo ang red devils ulit dun, go ManUtd!!!! :)

Edited by _eRon_

Man Utd - 3

Liverpool - 1

Real Madrid - 1

anymore out there?

im the barcelona and liverpool fan...yes i know - talo na naman ako this season

It seems that the stone has become mud.

ahahhahahaha!

Campiones campiones óle óle óle óle!

We retained the Premier league, today at the JJB, today at the JJB, today at the JJb, we retained the Premier league today at the JJB.

Glory Glory Manchester United!

if you'll take a second look, the scores are right, i just mixed up the teams :grr:

bawi na lang sa muscovy