The Football Thread

Labuyo

Dapat kasi yan ang sports natin.. Not Basketball (i have nothing against basketball) pero mga kabayan.. d naman tayo ganon katangkad..

Pansin ko lang, parang ni hindi nababanggit sa TV news ng regular channels o kaya sa mga diyaryo natin maswerte na yung may isang maliit na item about the World Cup? Hello!!!! The whole f**** planet is tuned (except us and the US) in to the greatest show on earth!

Medyo OT: Paano tayo aasenso sa basketball eh kahit 5'8 na player natin, gusto Michael Jordan ang laro puro saksak sa gitna (para sikat!). OK yan dito pag tayo-tayo lang naglalaban pero sa international competition puro mas matangkad, di uubra yang showbiz style na pabali-bali ng tira. Puro palpal aabutin natin nyan!

Sa football, speed and agility are more important than height and muscle.

dami pala soccer fans.

I wish fans in the philippines also get wild as fans in world cup events.

If you seen gals take of their tops on such events.

Its really wild in soccer than basketball.

Who used to play with Go For Goal by Coca Cola?

just joined MTC two days ago. am surprised top see a soccer thread!!!

I plaYED FOR COKE GO FOR GOAL 1986!!!!

i STILL PLAY FOOTBALL TILL TODAY!!!

i THINK GERMANY WOULD WIN TONIGHT!!!! we'll see maradona cry!!!! sorry for the argentinia's fans out there, I GO FOR THE UNDERDOGS!!!!

I cheered for france when they played against spain, but I think their game against brazil would be Zidane's last!!!!

there is a 7 aside football festival on the 23rd of july. sponsored by the blueguards. pwede mag field ng team ang MTC!!!!

sali nyo ako!!!!!!

true this oh so true!! andami kasi chavs  dito sa pinas eh!! I think sa tagalog they are called coño or whatevry they call themselves! ask some of them who Kaka or Dida is they wont be able to answer!

Go England!!

Don't be too harsh on wannabe's... we all know that pinoys don't have much idea about soccer, the same as with the World Cup. Americanized kasi mga pinoy eh... even Americans don't give a damn watching the World Cup because they know they are not too good on it compared to basketball or baseball (it's just now that they are picking up the hype)... It's not like when you're in other places like Kuala Lumpur where we are, nakupo, every corner every restaurant, people would really watch the games even if it's late at night or the early hours of the morning, grabe sigawan talaga pag naka- goal...

Most likely in the Pinoy culture they would just rather know some kind of information on a particular topic, so if you mention to them soccer it would be either Brazil or Argentina that they know.

Problema dito, football is not promoted as much as basketball is.....di ganun kalaki ang sponsorships ng football.

Indeed, even in the local news every night, di masyado banggit ang world cup unlike sa cnn and bbc na extensive ang coverage nila sa quadrennial event na ito.

the philippine football federation should take action to address this lack of interest.....

Sasabihin ko lang... kahit late na...

Luto ang Aussie-Italy match!!!!!!! Blame the ref!

With that said, I'd like to win:

Germany vs. Argentina: Argentina

Italy vs. Ukraine: neither. Schenchenko (whatever) sucks.

England vs. Portugal: England

Brazil vs. France: Brazil

Semis: (I think)

Germany vs. Italy

England vs. Brazil

(I'd love to see)

Argentina vs. Italy

Portugal vs. Brazil (forget about POR-ANG, this one's old school colonialism)

Final:

I'd love to see England vs. Argentina

Although I'd expect that it'll be Argentina vs. Brazil