The Football Thread

Labuyo

I was rooting for Barca but the game did not disappoint. It was a fantastic game of attacking football. Mourinho must be give some praise for having the balls to have four attackers from the very beginning - Duff, Kezman, Gudjohnssen, Cole. It proved to be the right strategy as it exploited Barca's sometime suspect defense.

Ronaldinho's second goal was just pure magic.

I was rooting for Barca but I could'nt be that disappointed because it was a wonderful game to watch. And coming from a land so obsessed with basketball, watching football at its highest intensity and form is a blessing.

Chelsea vs AC Milan next round? Another good match to watch.

I was rooting for Barca but the game did not disappoint.  It was a fantastic game of attacking football.  Mourinho must be give some praise for having the balls to have four attackers from the very beginning - Duff, Kezman, Gudjohnssen, Cole.  It proved to be the right strategy as it exploited Barca's sometime suspect defense.

Ronaldinho's second goal was just pure magic.

I was rooting for Barca but I could'nt be that disappointed because it was a wonderful game to watch.  And coming from a land so obsessed with basketball, watching football at its highest intensity and form is a blessing.

Chelsea vs AC Milan next round?  Another good match to watch.

darn, i really did miss something- i was planning to check in a hotel or something just to watch the match but then i had clinics so no time...

i dont exactly like mourinho-hes definitely a good manager-what i hate about him is he keeps on whining..he blabbers too much.....why can't he just shut up and let his team do the talking.....am pretty sure terry, lampard, cech and robben can do that for him....

as for barca, i could almost pity the next team they play against...and i think they need to shore up their defense...marquez i guess wasnt around during the match...puyol needs more reliable guys with him at the back.......

Lyon kicked Bremen's ass big time.

Latest results

Italian Champions Juventus 2-0 Real Madrid (Agg. 2-1, 2nd leg decided via extra time)

Leverkusen 1-3 Liverpool (Agg.: 2-6)

Monaco 0-3 PSV Eindhoven (Agg.: 0-3)

English Champions Arsenal 1-0 Bayern Munich (Agg.: 2-3)

Last match

Inter Milan v. European Champions Porto

Sinong may bracket?

Sino ang magtatapat for the next round?

Inter and Porto have yet to play.

Pairing for quarters will be done after, I think by Friday next week.

yeah- march 15 i think the match will be held and then on fri- that would be 19 i guess, not sure... with the 8 teams left- id root for ac milan too...i have to see them play a full match but i also like kaka....

btw, do anyone here play championship manager?

yeah- march 15 i think the match will be held and then on fri- that would be 19 i guess, not sure... with the 8 teams left- id root for ac milan too...i have to see them play a full match but i also like kaka....

btw, do anyone here play championship manager?

cm5 is cpoming out soon.

if you like a game na similar pero on-line. Play www.hattrick.org Gawa ka ng team sa Philippines. There are over 500,000 players worldwide. Hope to cya there!

on topic... i hope Chelsea will do well in the Champion's League and how I wish to see you a pinoy make it to the top teams in Europe.

i used to admire mourinho because he was so cool and collected. now he's becoming a dick. it's not really smart to slander referees then start a word war with the uefa bosses. now the uefa chief executive and the uefa referees' chief both brand mourinho an "enemy of football".

respect authority jose!

brazil 1 peru 0, world cup qualifying

i didnt see the match but i read the newsclips. ronaldo missed an open goal and 2 other easy chances, and basically "huffed and puffed his way" throughout the match.

i think its time to give inter milan's adriano a chance. at the very least, it would make ronaldo work harder. ronaldo should no longer be considered an automatic starter for brazil. heck, he shouldn't even be automatic for real madrid, considering michael owen's good form.