• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Football Thread

Labuyo

Chelsea should win the league cup! lets just wait and see, masyadong improbable na...

with 10 games to go. things could change esp when bottom teams are fighting to escape

relegation, i dont think its going to be a walk in the park.

united dropped 2 points against palace, but u could understand why ferguson reserved rooney,

ronaldo and scholes until the last 15 minutes of the game. they are preparing for san siro.

which is a very prestigous league. they tried to salvage the game, but just too unlucky ...

they got lots of possesion, attempts but nothings seems to fall in.

we never die!! we never die!! we keep the red flag flying high ... coz man united never die!! :) :cool:

Chelsea should win the league cup! lets just wait and see, masyadong improbable na...

chelsea did win the league cup. they are however, out of the FA cup, which is the REAL cup competition of england. almost all the premiership teams field reserves for the league cup, which i think is a joke. they should just scrap that competition and have one cup like the rest of europe.

so even if chelsea wins the premiership (which is a virtual lock), and manage to win the uefa champions league, it won't be considered as winning THE treble. "the treble" is winning your country's top league and cup competitions, plus the UEFA champions/European cup.

and yes, ruud, man utd was the last team to achieve the treble. ajax (not real madrid) has done it the most, 3 times.

damn, barcelona is out of the champions league.

they lost to chelsea 4-2 in a pulsating encounter, going down 5-4 on aggregate. cech is an incredible goalkeeper, and joe cole just tore van bronckhurst to shreds.

at this level, barcelona needs to strengthen its defence. van bronckhurst was just horrible, and his replacement, silvinho, is more an attacking fullback. same could be said for belleti. u can easily tell that chelsea is miles ahead on defense. they look so solid and organized at the back.

i think rijkaard also made a mistake in choosing gerard over demetrio albertini to replace the injured rafa marquez as holding midfielder. and iniesta over giuly was questionable too. its good to give young players playing time, but on matches of this magnitude, u need experienced players.

rijkaard needs to find a big solid defender. someone in the mold of sol campbell or rio ferdinand. tall, strong, and good in the air. until he finds one, the barca defense will always be suspect, esp in set pieces.

Hahaha Chelsea advances to the next stage, via a squeaker.

Sino ang susunod na kalabansa Champs lge?

As for the FA Cup and the Premiership, I look at them as co-equals, especially now that premiership clubs semd lghtened teams to the FA Cup matches.

Other UEFA Champions League results:

Chelsea 4-2 FC Barcelona (Agg.: 5-4)

AC Milan 1-0 Manchester United (Agg.: 2-0)

Lyon 7-2 Werder Bremen (Agg.: 10-2)

Upcoming matches and my predictions in bold:

Juventus v. Real Madrid (Agg.: 0-1)

Leverkusen v. Liverpool (Agg.: 1-3)

Monaco v. PSV (Agg.: 0-1)

Arsenal v. Bayern (Agg.: 1-3)

Inter v. Porto (Agg.: 1-1)

Edited by howard_the_duck
Hahaha Chelsea advances to the next stage, via a squeaker.

Sino ang susunod na kalabansa Champs lge?

As for the FA Cup and the Premiership, I look at them as co-equals, especially now that premiership clubs semd lghtened teams to the FA Cup matches.

Other UEFA Champions League results:

Chelsea 4-2 FC Barcelona (Agg.: 5-4)

AC Milan 1-0 Manchester United (Agg.: 2-0)

Lyon 7-2 Werder Bremen (Agg.: 10-2)

yeah, the FA Cup and the Premiership are both important. i just don't understand why england has a third competition, the league cup (which chelsea has won).

lyon beat werder bremen 10-2 on aggregate! wow! i wonder if they can come out of nowhere and win it all, just like porto last year.

oh, and eto'o should have buried his chance. 5 yards away, the goal at his mercy, the keeper nowhere in sight, and he blasts it over the bar. even i could have scored from that position!!!

hello! am a newbie pero been reading posts for quite some time already....am a barca fan...i almost banged my head on the wall when i read that barca lost......i havent seen the match- i dont have any cable tv or any tv in my room (tv and med studies aint a good combination especially when there is a champions league on the tube)...........

so how was it? ive read the news..it was terrific daw......

darn...when i finish my studies- id buy me a home theater just for watching games........

I was rooting for Barca but the game did not disappoint. It was a fantastic game of attacking football. Mourinho must be give some praise for having the balls to have four attackers from the very beginning - Duff, Kezman, Gudjohnssen, Cole. It proved to be the right strategy as it exploited Barca's sometime suspect defense.

Ronaldinho's second goal was just pure magic.

I was rooting for Barca but I could'nt be that disappointed because it was a wonderful game to watch. And coming from a land so obsessed with basketball, watching football at its highest intensity and form is a blessing.

Chelsea vs AC Milan next round? Another good match to watch.

I was rooting for Barca but the game did not disappoint.  It was a fantastic game of attacking football.  Mourinho must be give some praise for having the balls to have four attackers from the very beginning - Duff, Kezman, Gudjohnssen, Cole.  It proved to be the right strategy as it exploited Barca's sometime suspect defense.

Ronaldinho's second goal was just pure magic.

I was rooting for Barca but I could'nt be that disappointed because it was a wonderful game to watch.  And coming from a land so obsessed with basketball, watching football at its highest intensity and form is a blessing.

Chelsea vs AC Milan next round?  Another good match to watch.

darn, i really did miss something- i was planning to check in a hotel or something just to watch the match but then i had clinics so no time...

i dont exactly like mourinho-hes definitely a good manager-what i hate about him is he keeps on whining..he blabbers too much.....why can't he just shut up and let his team do the talking.....am pretty sure terry, lampard, cech and robben can do that for him....

as for barca, i could almost pity the next team they play against...and i think they need to shore up their defense...marquez i guess wasnt around during the match...puyol needs more reliable guys with him at the back.......

Lyon kicked Bremen's ass big time.

Latest results

Italian Champions Juventus 2-0 Real Madrid (Agg. 2-1, 2nd leg decided via extra time)

Leverkusen 1-3 Liverpool (Agg.: 2-6)

Monaco 0-3 PSV Eindhoven (Agg.: 0-3)

English Champions Arsenal 1-0 Bayern Munich (Agg.: 2-3)

Last match

Inter Milan v. European Champions Porto

Sinong may bracket?

Sino ang magtatapat for the next round?