Rolex Watches

meatpacker426

I agree, the reason why you wear a original is to satisfy yourself not others. You must feel good with what you're wearing. I agree too that rather that buy a fake buy something that you can afford and be happy with.

In another thread i said that one should be able to invest in one good watch in one's lifetime, though rolex is a "sacred" brand amongst some people, there are other better brands out there.

Yep.. I agree with Vertu and ladyboy.. if you cannot afford to buy an original.. Get something that you can afford... :cool:

Edited by qrv777
A man's watch shows his stature. :D

Tradition sa family na when you turn a certain age you get one as a gift.

That is an interesting tradition ... I will have to tell my brother about that. At what age do you get your Rolex? Is it part of some sort of coming of age ceremony? What about the career minded women in the family?

When he was younger my father collected clocks ... grandfather clocks, ship's clocks, factory clocks, all kinds ... my brother got interested and now has his collection and is adding various watches. I've never seen him wear one but I know his collection has several Rolex; all relatively new unlike the clocks. Anybody out there collecting antique watches?

Yep.. I agree with Vertu and ladyboy.. if you cannot afford to buy an original.. Get something that you can afford... :cool:

Agree as well. Why bother with a fake when you dont feel confident about it. Buying original is more of a feel good about yourself thing, not to impress the others. I agree also that one has to invest on a real good watch at least once. It may take long, but it will surely be worth it.

Next to the wedding band, the watch is the only (traditionally and universally) accepted accessory for men. I think a nice, well-built, fashionable (to your taste) watch is a mark of one's achievement in life. Like when you get/buy your first brand new car or your own home. If you choose to mark that particular stage in your life is just a matter of personal taste, same as whether you get a Rolex or an Omega.

Personally, I like Vacherons, Frank Muellers and Pateks slightly over the "granddaddy" watches, but I come from a generation where we still would shoot for that first Rolex to pass on to the next generation.

guys, what do you think of the yachtmaster? :P any cons? lots of pre-owned are available, dunno why :blink:

bonito,

does owning a ferry count as boat? :boo:

paolo22,

i have one, given by my dad, a solid gold yacth master with a white face. well....it's quite big, you have to get used to it, plus, bragging aside, mine is a solid gold so it's quite heavy compared to other rolex watches.

if you can buy a prowned one, why not, just make sure it's not stolen, if it has papers, the better.

last time i checked with lucern was a few years back, i can remember it's close to a million pesos. during that time it wasn't available tho, they had still had to order it if you want to purchase one right there and then. ;)

Edited by mild seven
bonito,

does owning a ferry count as boat? :boo:

paolo22,

i have one, given by my dad, a solid gold yacth master with a white face. well....it's quite big, you have to get used to it, plus, bragging aside, mine is a solid gold so it's quite heavy compared to other rolex watches.

if you can buy a prowned one, why not, just make sure it's not stolen, if it has papers, the better.

last time i checked with lucern was a few years back, i can remember it's close to a million pesos. during that time it wasn't available tho, they had still had to order it if you want to purchase one right there and then. ;)

paolo22,

what i mentioned above is the men's size yacht master....i just remembered, meron nga palang junior version niyan, obviously it's smaller....my older brother has one (from my dad too), solid gold din kaso blue (dark) yung face. yan ang hindi ko alam kung magkano ngayon.

atong,

any idea how much a junior yacht master costs?

Personally, I like Vacherons, Frank Muellers and Pateks slightly over the "granddaddy" watches, but I come from a generation where we still would shoot for that first Rolex to pass on to the next generation.

My sentiments exactly. I have outgrown Rolexes when I started investing in Pateks and FMs.