Utah Jazz

FF

Lakers advance. No shame for the Jazz. They upset a Nuggets team that was supposed to challenge for West supremacy and gave the Lakers a fight in Game 3 for the ages. I'm now firmly convinced that Sloan can part the Red Sea anytime he damn well feels like it.

They have some good people in there with D-Will, AK, Sap, Matthews, and Korver. They should move Booz to get a serviceable big with real size, though. Fesenko and Koufos make Ostertag look like Hakeem out there. The development of one of their swings to a consistent shooter or the acquisition of one is also a must. They better do it soon, OKC and Portland both look like they're ready to make even more noise in the West next year.

Edited by boibastos

the duo of d williams and c boozer pales in comparison with the stockton malone tandem. i thought it's going to repeat ie the dynamic pick n roll duo but boozer spoiled it. we'll never have a stockton malone combination again with the present core of the jazz. injuries did the jazz in. they could have given the lakers a good fight if not for the injury.

• 1 month later...

boozer and korver leaving? ngyek. but they did sign their draft pick and he's touted as as good a shooter as korver, plus the guy is taller than korver (6-9 daw, tulad ni ak47), the better to deal with zone defenses.

deron is the best pg sa west, but the frontline needs better bigs.

yeah, i'm thinking aljefferson will be even better than boozer on the offensive end, primarily because of his length, and secondly because of his desire/chip-on-hi-shoulder. but they still need another big man, and no okur doesn't count kasi he plays outside.

maybe they can make a run for shaq? hehehe

pwede si shaq dito! yung sina amare, hindi nagwork out kasi si amare face up big whose game suffered kasi shaq ate up so much space sa paint.

kung maging shaq & al jefferson, pwede sila on opposite sides of the paint, i don't think there's any team (short of a rejuvenated yao ming) that can body up those 2.

plus those 2 would k*ll the defending 1/2 when they set a pick for deron. although i can just imagine fisher fighting thru one of those picks and getting the call his way hehehe

• 1 month later...
Guest hastati

alas shaq went to the celts. looks like jefferson + dwill will have to take on the championship hopes on their shoulders. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking that Big Al will be a 20-10 guy with the Jazz. He averaged at least a 20-10 in 2 of his 3 seasons with the Wolves but dipped last year.

• 1 month later...

kakatapos lang ng first preseason game nila with Portland Trailblazers. my assestment, medyo naninibago pa yung mga noobs sa plays and pattern ng system ni coach sloan. in al jefferson's case, he is a big asset for Utah Jazz kaso parang mahina ang basketball IQ nya. na naging problema nya dati nung na introduce yung triangle offense ni coach rambis sa wolves, hindi nya makuha yung plays, mas ok pa si evans sa kanya considering na rookie pa lang sya. as a jazz fan, my hope is still up w/ these guys and the season is still young. plus with ante tomic of croatia possibly coming over next year when his contract expires with real madrid. the jazz will have a dominating frontcourt and we will finally taste championship. GO JAZZ!!!!

I'm definitely a Utah Jazz fan! I like Jefferson better than Boozer. Why? Ang sakin lang, kung ayaw na nung player maglaro sa isang team, why keep him? Carlos is a good player but he follows the money. Besides, he is a little undersized for his position.

Naaalala ko pa nung si Andrei Kirilenko ang focus ng team. He used to be the 15ppg-5+rpg+5asts-5stls-5blks guy but because of D-Will, malamang, the latter would run the show.

Ang point ko is, with D-Will, CJ Miles, AK, Millsap and Jefferson as the starters, heck, this team can compete! Even without Boozer, Utah pa rin!

Bah, I'm looking forward to this NBA Season. Utah ako since Stockton to Malone vs Michael Jordan and Pippen. Bsta ang team ko Utah and Lake Show!

I'm definitely a Utah Jazz fan! I like Jefferson better than Boozer. Why? Ang sakin lang, kung ayaw na nung player maglaro sa isang team, why keep him? Carlos is a good player but he follows the money. Besides, he is a little undersized for his position.

Naaalala ko pa nung si Andrei Kirilenko ang focus ng team. He used to be the 15ppg-5+rpg+5asts-5stls-5blks guy but because of D-Will, malamang, the latter would run the show.

Ang point ko is, with D-Will, CJ Miles, AK, Millsap and Jefferson as the starters, heck, this team can compete! Even without Boozer, Utah pa rin!

Bah, I'm looking forward to this NBA Season. Utah ako since Stockton to Malone vs Michael Jordan and Pippen. Bsta ang team ko Utah and Lake Show!

welcome to the thread sir zdenka! nawa'y dumami tayo. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Utah Jazz making history dahil sa mga comeback wins from their Eastern conference run. sa almost 2 decades ko pagiging fan ng Jazz, eto na yata pinaka exciting, pinaka malupit nilang season. and the season is just starting. i see them as frontrunners again sa western conference and eventually World Champions. Woohoo Go Jazz!!!

• 2 weeks later...