Living Solo/alone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I lived alone for more than a year. It was my first time to experience to walk around the house naked. Very liberating indeed. It was fun cause it’s all your own rules. With regards to cleaning, I hired one of the janitress at work to clean my apartment every weekend (day off nya). What I dont like is washimg the dishes so I ate out most of the time. Yun mga labahin ko naman I bring to the laundry every other week.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 12:44 AM, METALFREAK said:

I Would Highly Recommended This to every one specially our young members here. Once you have a stable job, find a place for yourself and be Independent. That's what I did before. THE LIFE LESSONS you will learn will be PRICELESS. It will definitely contribute in your Success in your Career and in your Life. Decision Making palang siguradong magiimprove ka na No One will influence you with your decison, so if you made the wrong choice No One to Blame but yourself. You will Learn how to Budget your Salary at an Early Age, No More Mom and Dad to pay the Bills or Brother or Sis to Split the BIlls with, Its All on You. So you will really Budget your Salary and this will Push You Harder To EARN MORE!

The Best Perk in Living Alone is You Can Do Everything You Want!!! And No Need for Motels, You Can Bring Your Date Home. Hahaha.

Just a Follow up to My Post last year.

To our young and not so young single members I hope you will try Living Alone even for just a year or 2, I think every one must experience this. LIFE LESSONS YOU WILL LEARN ARE PRICELESS AND WILL DEFINITELY MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON, THE PROS OUTWEIGHS THE CONS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Winner! (+1) 1

I want to start living alone but I have no idea how to start.

Im not even sure if my monthly salary (around 20k) is enough to sustain myself although di naman ako pihikan at ready naman ako kumain ng de lata oftenly.

Siguro my main worries are laundry and rent. 

The idea of living alone being free to do what you want interests me so much. I will be meeting a friend soon that would help me try to find an apartment that i can rent so hopefully I can start from there.

To veterans out there, may I ask what should be my top priorities when solo living, aside from being good with budgeting? Any noteworthy skills I should learn or know beforehand?

Edited by yukiteruu
  • Like (+1) 1
On 9/8/2021 at 10:21 PM, Slapsoil said:

How much should you be earning to live alone comfortably?

I think you have to itemize it bro...,

say for example:

HOUSE RENTAL: P 8,000

ELECTRICITY: P 2,000

WATER: P 500

INTERNET: P 1500

FOOD: 6,000

MISCELLANEOUS: (gimik, etc..) P 5,000

GROCERIES: 4,000 

ayan, just a rough example, sa miscellaneous you can put there sa labada etc

Edited by harahirana

Traditionally and culturally, we live in a multi-family household. The “living alone” idea is relatively new probably through western influence particularly from the Americans. 
There will always  be some pros and cons on whatever lifestyle you choose.  

Edited by id6230
On 9/29/2021 at 10:20 PM, yukiteruu said:

I want to start living alone but I have no idea how to start.

Im not even sure if my monthly salary (around 20k) is enough to sustain myself although di naman ako pihikan at ready naman ako kumain ng de lata oftenly.

Siguro my main worries are laundry and rent. 

The idea of living alone being free to do what you want interests me so much. I will be meeting a friend soon that would help me try to find an apartment that i can rent so hopefully I can start from there.

To veterans out there, may I ask what should be my top priorities when solo living, aside from being good with budgeting? Any noteworthy skills I should learn or know beforehand?

It will really depend on how much is your monthly overhead if your monthly salary will do, specifically your rent, power, water and internet. Then you could budget the rest, set aside more budget for food of course dont settle for canned goods and instant food everyday, you need to stay healthy and so that your brain will function well for your everyday work and activities.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/29/2021 at 11:26 AM, Madvillain said:

I think you have to itemize it bro...,

say for example:

HOUSE RENTAL: P 8,000

ELECTRICITY: P 2,000

WATER: P 500

INTERNET: P 1500

FOOD: 6,000

MISCELLANEOUS: (gimik, etc..) P 5,000

GROCERIES: 4,000 

ayan, just a rough example, sa miscellaneous you can put there sa labada etc

Okay na budget ito.  Gayahin ko except I'll remove groceries and move it to Miscellaneous.