Are You From The 80s?

i was a child in the 80's but i did enjoy life back then...

money was easy... kinda peaceful... no ps2's though but still life back then rocks!!!

tumbang preso... taguan... patintero... i dunno if kids these days still play 'em...

please take me back... i don't wanna stay here no more...

kaso nga lang... walang MTC nun... korny!!! :mtc:

sigmund the sea monster, nail clippers, jojo alajar had a dance trio.. penthouse live, ate vee still had a show where she would dance, flor de luna and ana liza were still hits on tv, electric company and sesame street were educational shows, uncle bob's lucky 7 club was still alive, and so was banco filipino's happy savers club. DX diamos where Richard was always screaming for Erica and Prince Zandoz was the bad dude. Mekanda robot, Aphrodite A and Mazinger Z and Koji Kabuto. We still had the small tex you could get when buying from tarzan, and you could exchange your bottles for cheese curls. Buhay pa nga ang choco-vim. Gabby Concepcion and Janice de Belen were an item. Sharon was linked with someone else.. Star Wars was just in the 2nd movie, and Pepsi Paloma was still alive. New Wave wasn't a phase it was a mode of living.

• 2 weeks later...

it's funny, but in a lotta ways, i am still stuck to the 80s. still think that the music was better...ok so the clothes and hairstyle was crap but who cares? as long as there's new wave in the background, ok na :) and yeah, i dunno why, but i often do great renditions of classic new wave anthems....band out there looking...for vox...hehehe.

=====

nga pala tanong lang. dontcha think that the early, early U2 songs sound like the old The Dawn songs? not to mention they had the same themes...just asking.

ahhhh the 80's..

i like the life back then. miss it so much.

miss watchin perfect strangers, alfie and mcgyver, manimal, knight rider and one million chance of a lifetime.

miss watchin bioman and shaider.

miss playin atari then family computer.

miss elementary school.

miss seeing people wear tigh pants.

i miss being eight years old.

sana makapag time space warp tayo noh? NGAYUN DIN!

chill. ;)

acid washed jeans, tretorn, no socks, espadrills, glorietta was still called quad with the go cart racing at parking lot. Toppings.. sarap dun ha. Thats entertainment, the original pa ha. Yagit, the tv show... cant forget that... kamukha ko kasi si tomtom nung bata pa ko e... hehehe

hey, i grew up in the 80's!!! its really true that life was simpler then...no hassles, no worries. hindi pa ganon ka-complicated ang childhood natin nun! play was really PLAY, parents let their kids play in the streets with their friends, without any fear of them being kidnapped or raped. mababaw lang kaligayahan ko nun! cheese curls na naka-wrap sa cone-shaped na papel ng yellow pages na pinagpapalit sa bote garapa, magnolia chocolait or fresh milk na nasa bote tapos, nirarasyon tuwing umaga( tanda ko, 3pesos ata isang bote nun eh), isama mo na rin ang yakult na 1.50 lang isa, courtesy of your friendly yakult lady, hehehe...fishball na tig di-diyes lang isa, at marami pang sari-saring kutkutin. tanda nyo pa ba ung candy na mr. singko? ung brown na beads na maliliit na masarap papakin, na minsan eh binabala sa straw na ginawang sumpit? ska yung milo na candy(kaya milo tawag dun kse chocolate flavor)? tagal ko ng naghahanap ng ganyan sa mga palengke ngayon, wala na akong makita!!!

member ako nun ng uncle bob's lucky 7 club(sosyal ka pag kasali ka dun!), junior company na kids club ng glorietta (open air pa glorietta nun), jollibee friendship club (bah, nanalo ko ng name-the-club-newsletter-contest nun ha!), ska banco de oro kiddie savers club (ung little twin stars pa ang mascot nila)...madalas kme sa magnolia ice cream house sa aurora, meryenda muna dun bago derecho sa fiesta carnival sa cubao. tapos pag birthday, laging ice cream cake ng magnolia house ang handa (aliw na aliw ako sa dry ice na kasama nun sa packaging!)...picnic saka boating sa manila zoo, picnic sa luneta, kainan sa savory chicken house...ang jollibee pa lang nun, ang tanda ko, yung sa may quiapo pa eh, at meron pa silang milkshake nun! hindi masarap ang mcdo kse puro sibuyas and pickles ang hamburger nila, pero madalas kme mag-take out ng apple pie nila...favorite tv shows: starman, ALF, punky brewster (na ginagaya ko pa nun), perfect strangers, macgyver, A-Team, may CHIPS pa nga yata nun, hawaii five-O, who's the boss, charles in charge, twilight zone, TODAS, iskul bukol, chiks to chiks, palibhasa lalake, ska sino nga ba yung character na nagiging animal sha, or nakaka-connect sha sa animals? english yun eh, di ko lang tanda ung title nung show na yun. :blink: ...

new wave, punk, teddy diaz, jet pangan, U2, tears for fears, sinead o'connor, annie lennox, breakdance, strut, mars, faces, equinox, euphoria, dean street cafe, shakeys, angelinos, mango brutus, orange julius, tapsilog, tanda nyo pa ba yung original na squid balls ng little samurai sa harrison plaza food court? yung saksakan ng baho pero sobrang sarap! ninja kids, aga muhlach, jc bonnin, herbert bautista, lilet, eula valdez, jobelle salvador, yayo aguila, liezel martinez, brooke shields, karate kid, ralph macchio, tom cruise, pretty in pink, st elmo's fire, charlie sheen, laura brannigan, name game, hey mickey, bmx, bmx showdown sa CCP grounds, holiday on ice sa araneta center, COD christmas display, menudo, greenhills ska yung mini-train and mini-fishpond sa greenhills....

...hay, at madami pang iba!!! sometimes, i just cant help but reminisce about the 80s, as i said, life was much simpler then, and people are not hard to please. at ang mga bata nun, hindi spoiled unlike ngayon!!!

sana nga may time machine, babalik ako dun ng maraming pera para mabili ko lahat ng gusto ko!!! :lol:

Not to mention that everyhing else was way cheaper and life was not as hard.

You know you're from the 80's if

*You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.

*You wore tights under shorts and felt stylish.

*You ever had a Swatch Watch.

*You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off. Or even when he had those freaky eyes in

''Thriller'' at the end of the video.

*You wore a banana clip or one of those slap on wrist bands at some point during your youth.

*You wore french rolls on the botom of your splatter painted jeans.

*You had slouch socks, and puff painted your own shirt at least once

*You know the profound meaning of ''Wax on, Wax off.''

*You fell victim to 80's fashion: big hair, crimped, combed over to the side, and you wore spandex pants.

*You knew ''The Artist'' when he was humbly called ''Prince.''

*You ever wore flourescent -neon if you will clothing...(or nailpolish)

*You could breakdance, or wished you could.

*You know who Max Headroom is.

*You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system. (Remember Pong?)

*You know all the words to ''Ice Ice Baby''.

*You remember MC hammer well.

*You own any cassettes.

*You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.

1) nagkalat non ang mga punks!

2) grease

3) tambay sa quad

4) gino padilla (pepsi commercial)

5) "campus beat"

6) menudo

7) kuya bojie, ate shiena, kikong matsin, pong pagong, manang bola, ging2x at ning2x, ching... (alin alin alin ang naiba...isipin kung alin ang naiba) :lol:

8) randy santiago

9) lilet

10) pops and martin

11) lovely Ness (tanga queen!)

12) tito, vic and joey (iskul bukol)

• 4 weeks later...

new wave!! naalala ko me mga naka trench coat pa sa mga parties sa corinthian clubhouse. local new wave/punk bands: the dawn, charlotte rousse andun pa si iya yotoko, cool carla and identity crisis, chicoy pura and the jerks, arnold morales and urban bandits, papa dom and buddy trinidad and betrayed, jack sikat and ethnic faces, tapos mga mobile.. audio venture, RSL, mode zero, audio tech, first release, transizionne, harmonic trend.. tanda ko na! hehe.. :D