• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I only borrow money from banks. Not friends or family. And I never lend money to friends or family. Best way to poison a relationship is to lend money.

Credit cards - pay them off every month. You get to use their money for a month interest-free. My latest car - 0% interest - so I get to use their money interest-free for my investments. Only other debt I have is my home mortgage. Tax decuctible interest payments, and lower interest rate than what I can earn from investments, so I still come out ahead.

nothing wrong with debt if you manage it carefully.

• Like (+1) 1

When you are lending money to someone, approach it as donation. This means you only lend to people where you agree to donate the money. Two examples. First, I had a neighbor whose child got hospitalized. I didn't bother asking for the money back because I know they won't have capacity to pay back. Another is to my ex whose nephew died and her tita asked her to reach out to me to help pay for the funeral services.

Otherwise, my response to people who asks for utang is to apply for credit card.

Btw, since my ex' tita don't have money and my ex guaranteed the payment and she couldn't come up with the money, she suggested to pay it "In kind". This was fine by me. :D :D :D

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

When you are lending money to someone, approach it as donation. This means you only lend to people where you agree to donate the money. Two examples. First, I had a neighbor whose child got hospitalized. I didn't bother asking for the money back because I know they won't have capacity to pay back. Another is to my ex whose nephew died and her tita asked her to reach out to me to help pay for the funeral services.

Otherwise, my response to people who asks for utang is to apply for credit card.

Btw, since my ex' tita don't have money and my ex guaranteed the payment and she couldn't come up with the money, she suggested to pay it "In kind". This was fine by me. :D :D :D

lugi ata ex mo dun sa bayad sa utang based on your handle name. hehehe! good concept yun regarding lending money ah