WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

Bobby Lashley Update: He's Gone From WWE, Training for MMA Career

Submitted by Michael Bluth on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 1:42 PM EST

Source: WrestlingNewsWorld.com

After breaking the news earlier this morning that Bobby Lashley is gone from World Wrestling Entertainment, there are new details to report regarding this developing story.

In a phone call placed this afternoon to internet wrestling journalist Ryan Gray of WrestlingNewsWorld.com, Bobby Lashley confirmed that is gone from the company. While Lashley would not give any specifics, he made it clear that he did not want to leave but had to because of circumstances beyond his control.

Lashley told Gray that he was training hard for a potential career in Mixed Martial Arts. The former ECW Champion said that despite the fact that he wanted to pursue an MMA career, it would not be with UFC.

Lashley would not comment on whether or not he would be interested in going to TNA Wrestling. He said that WWE has granted his release but it would not be announced until the paperwork was finalized.

try to search HUSTLE videos in Utube...

medyo pambata yung mga tema ng storylines nila pareho hanep sa high-flying skills ang majority ng wrestlers...parang circus...hehehe

try to search HUSTLE videos in Utube...

medyo pambata yung mga tema ng storylines nila pareho hanep sa high-flying skills ang majority ng wrestlers...parang circus...hehehe

or UFC! hehehe brock vs lashley in ufc will surely catch everyones attention! :thumbsupsmiley:

Bobby Lashley Update: He's Gone From WWE, Training for MMA Career

Submitted by Michael Bluth on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 1:42 PM EST

The former ECW Champion said that despite the fact that he wanted to pursue an MMA career, it would not be with UFC.

Edited by howard_the_duck

RVD Shoots On Vince, HHH, The New ECW, & More

Credit: PWInsider.com

Credit: PWInsider.com

Rob Van Dam appeared on SportsTalkCleveland.com's Pro Wrestling Insider show last night and spent over 40 minutes discussing several controversial subjects such as Vince McMahon's new ECW, "one of the boys, that's married to one of the boss' daughters", and much more. The following are some excerpts from the interview:

On whether he is bitter over his WWE run: "Honestly, I don't feel I am bitter at all. When I went to WWE, in the summer of 2001, I didn't even want to go. It was never my favorite style of wrestling, even since I was a little kid and it was the only style of wrestling that I knew. So, when I went there in 2001, it was all business. At that point in my career, it was all business, and I was already tired of traveling. I already really peaked my interest in ECW, as an artist. In the original ECW, I felt like I was an artist out there, and I had the freedom to display my ability, my talents, and to show what I wanted to show, and win the fans over. It was in my control."

On the ECW revival in WWE moving away from the original ECW concept: "When they squashed the spirit of ECW, I was still kicking on the way out. I would tell Vince, "If you do this, the ECW fans aren't going to like this, that's not what this is about." That's when I realized (it was doomed) because he told me, exactly "Rob, I never intended this to be like the old ECW. Nobody remembers the old ECW." I'd say, "You've got to be kidding me! You don't think anybody remembers it? Why do you think the Pay-per-view was so successful, and the DVD! Isn't that why you're bringing it back?" (Does Vince McMahon voice) "Rob, for all I know, those 2500 fans at the Manhattan Center were the last of the old ECW fans."

Vince McMahon's reason why fans still chanted "ECW": "I said "Vince, why do you think they still chant ECW?" (Does Vince McMahon voice) "Because I've trained them to do that over the last five years." Seriously, how do you argue with that? You don't, eventually you throw in the towel, which is what I did."

On Rob's appreciation of his fans: "I would be the only person who would go out behind the building and ... oh wait, that was something else I used to do (laughs). I would go out back and I would sign autographs for the fans that are waiting out there, and they would say "Oh Rob, you're the only one who has come up to us all day!" and I would say "Of course, it's pouring rain, and you've been standing under a tree all day, you don't expect wrestlers to come out here, do you?" But I would usually do it, because I would get energy out of that, and know that they would remember that."

On his WWE Title win: "WWE never planned on pushing me, they had no choice because the fans demanded it. I was told, when we were talking about bringing ECW back as a third brand, and when Paul (Heyman) was talking about putting the World Championship Title on RVD to kickstart ECW, I was told that one of the boys, that's married to one of the boss' daughters, actually said that "RVD just doesn't have that connection with the crowd". Now, is that a genuine comment, or is that a back-stabbing, throat-slicing comment to try and keep yourself from feeling threatened by somebody else?"

Cena Says He Won't Be Wrestling at WM 24, More News

Source: TheSun.co.uk

"The Sun" UK newspaper has conducted an exclusive interview with John Cena. Despite recent rumors that he is trying to return ahead of schedule in time for WrestleMania, Cena revealed that he will NOT be competing at WrestleMania 24 and that he will probably not return to WWE until shooting for his new movie wraps up at the end of May.

Here are the highlights:

-- John Cena will "definitely NOT" be competing at WrestleMania 24

-- Regarding an appearance at WrestleMania: “I most likely will be at WrestleMania in some capacity, but you probably won't see me on camera.

-- The good news for Cena's fans is he will almost certainly return to action as soon as shooting is over. The bad news is: “The movie will take up the bulk of my time through to US Memorial Day, which is at the end of May."

-- Physical Therapy: “I do four to six hours of physical therapy each day. My goal is get back into the ring as soon as possible. I'm sick of sitting on the sidelines."

-- His Upcoming Movie: “I'm actually moving to New Orleans in one week and spending some time with the police there, to learn how to be a better cop as that's what the film is about."

Two More Names Added to the Royal Rumble; Updated List

- Chuck Palumbo and Big Daddy V have been added to the Royal Rumble match, according to WWE.com.

The updated list looks like this: Umaga, Snitsky, John Morrison, The Miz, Mick Foley, Hornswoggle, Hardcore Holly, Cody Rhodes, The Undertaker, Kane, Batista, Finlay, The Great Khali, Shawn Michaels, Mr. Kennedy, Jamie Noble, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, Santino Marella, Mark Henry, Triple H, Tommy Dreamer, Big Daddy V and Chuck Palumbo.

i hope lesnar gets pass frank mir on his ufc debut. kung matalo man sya i hope its not a squash.

i remember ludvig borga (hehe remember him? he was lugers opponent way back when they were promoting luger as an all-american hero of sorts) getting beaten convincingly by a much smaller opponent before when he made his ufc debut.

Vince McMahon Gives His Approval For WWE To Do An Incest Storyline

Submitted by Daniel Pena on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 5:42 PM EST

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Vince McMahon has given his approval for a storyline involving incest. The angle would involve Ohio Valley Wrestling wrestlers Katie Lea and Paul Burchill. The angle would likely take place on either ECW or Raw, because there is some concern that it would get the wrong kind of heat if it were to take place on SmackDown -- which is on network television.

McMahon has wanted to do an incest angle for years. He once suggested that he be the father of his daughter Stephanie's baby. As revealed on the McMahon DVD, Stephanie turned down the angle. According to her, Vince was to reveal himself as the father of her baby; when she said no, he pushed for Shane to be the father, but he turned that idea down as well.

The incest idea was first batted around in 1999 where Ken Shamrock and Ryan Shamrock (his storyline sister) would end up as lovers. Ken nixed the idea and that was the beginning of the end of his push at the time. There is some irony in the angle as Ken and Ryan ended up as a real-life couple at around the same time frame. Later that year in May 1999, Headbanger Mosh was renamed "Beaver Cleavage," a reference to the TV series Leave It to Beaver. He appeared in black-and-white vignettes with his "mother," fitness model Marianna Komlos portraying "Mrs. Cleavage." The two would exchange sexual innuendos (e.g. Mrs. Cleavage would offer Beaver some of "Mother's milk" when he complained that his cereal was dry). After one in-ring appearance, the gimmick was scrapped. A few weeks later, they did a backstage segment where Mosh said that his real name was Chaz. He ridiculed the Beaver Cleavage gimmick and identified "Mrs. Cleavage" as his girlfriend, Marianna Komlos, in a "shoot-style" interview.

Final WWE Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View Card

Below is the final WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view card for tomorrow night. Royal Rumble will take place from Madison Square Garden in New York City. Be sure to join us here on the site at 8 PM EST for free live play by play coverage.

World Heavyweight Championship Match

- Edge © vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE Championship Match

- Randy Orton © vs. Jeff Hardy

Career Threatening Match

- U.S. Champion MVP vs. Ric Flair

- Chris Jericho vs. JBL

30 Man Royal Rumble Match (6 Spots Remain Open)

- Confirmed Entrants:

Umaga

Snitsky

Hardcore Holly

Mick Foley

Cody Rhodes

Santino Marella

Carlito

Shawn Michaels

Ken Kennedy

Triple H

Hornswoggle

The Undertaker

Batista

Kane

Finlay

Jamie Noble

Great Khali

Mark Henry

Chuck Palumbo

John Morrison

The Miz

Shelton Benjamin

Big Daddy V

Tommy Dreamer

WWE Removes Bobby Lashley's Profile From Website

Submitted by Daniel Pena on Friday, January 25, 2008 at 5:47 PM EST

source: PWInsider.com

WWE has quietly removed the profile of Bobby Lashley from the Raw roster section on their official website. When you go to the old page, you get a "cannot be found" page instead.

Lashley has reportedly given his notice and is in the process of negotiating his release with the company.

may consolation din sa Maxxx kahit papano, they're showing old ECW matches..

watched the match between Tommy Dreamer and Cactus jack and Raven versus the Sandman...

:)

pero sana ibalik na nila sa sky cable ung channels ng solar groups, hindi naman mga click ung mga ipinalit na channel eh.... di hamak naman na mas maganda ung line up dati kesa ngayon kahit sabihin na may idinagdag..

matanong ko lang, mga sir, may alam ba kayo definite reason kung bakit tinanggal ung solar sports saka jack tv sa sky cable?